- Chiaroscuro (IDW Publishing)
If this infobox is not supposed to have an image, please add "|noimage=yes".
Publication information Publisher Meanwhile Studios
IDW Publishing (collected volume)
Format Ongoing series Publication date 2001-2003 (1-7)
Number of issues 10 Creative team Writer(s) Troy Little Artist(s) Troy Little Collected editions Chiaroscuro ISBN 978-1-60010-119-9
Chiaroscuro is a comic series developed by Canadian artist Troy Little between 2000 and 2005.
Little began self-publishing in 2001 and after releasing two issue he received a Xeric in 2001 which allowed him to produce another five issues. Personal circumstances slowed progress until he was given a second grant from the P.E.I. Council of the Arts in 2005 which allowed him to finish and release the last three issue. In 2007 the series was collected into a single volume by IDW Publishing. In July 2008 IDW also gave out a free preview comic featuring Chiaroscuro and Little's next project Angora Napkin.
The story is about an unemployed artist named Steven Patch, who leads a depressing life of drinking and complaining about his life. He eventually runs into a situation of mistaken identity, which sends him into a spiraling series of life-altering decisions.
It has been collected into a single volume:
- ^ Xeric Foundation (September 2001). "Comic Book Self-Publishing Grants: September 2001". www.Xeric Foundation.org. http://xericfoundation.org/comicbooks/2001.html.
- ^ Journal Pioneer; Jim Brown (2007-11-06). "Little comic book writer poised to hit big time". www.JournalPioneer.com. http://www.journalpioneer.com/index.cfm?sid=77727&sc=118.
- ^ Angora Napkin/Chiaroscuro Preview at the Comic Book DB
- ^ Dave Sim (2007-01-17). "Dave Sim's blogandmail #128 (January 17th, 2007)". Blog & Mail. davesim.blogspot.com. Archived from the original on 2007-04-02. http://web.archive.org/web/20070402125657/http://davesim.blogspot.com/2007/01/dave-sims-blogandmail-128-january-17th.html. "Troy Little sent me a POD version of volume one of his graphic novel magnum opus Chiaroscuro [...] I was really, really impressed with what you have done with Chiaroscuro."
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
IDW Publishing — Création 1999 Personnages clés Ted Adams, Robbie Robbins, Chris Ryall Forme juridique Limited liability company … Wikipédia en Français
IDW Publishing — Infobox Company company name = Idea and Design Works, LLC/IDW Publishing company company type = Limited Liability Company foundation = 1999 key people = Ted Adams, President/Owner Robbie Robbins, Executive Vice President/Owner Chris Ryall,… … Wikipedia
Chiaroscuro (comics) — Chiaroscuro, in comics, may refer to: Chiaroscuro (2000 AD), a 2000 AD horror comic series. Chiaroscuro: The Private Lives of Leonardo da Vinci, a 1995 1996/2005 Vertigo comic book. Chiaroscuro (IDW Publishing), a 2000 2005/2007 series by… … Wikipedia
Troy Little — Born March 7, 1973 (1973 03 07) (age 38) Occupation writer, cartoonist Nationality Canada Period 2000–present … Wikipedia
Al Columbia — Born 1970 Nationality American Area(s) Cartoonist Illustrator Writer Inker Colorist Photographer … Wikipedia
Noel Sickles — Scorchy Smith was collected in this 1977 book published by Nostalgia Press. Noel Douglas Sickles (January 24, 1910 October 3, 1982) was an American commercial illustrator and cartoonist, best known for the comic strip Scorchy Smith. Sickles was… … Wikipedia