- International Education Centre (INTEC), Malaysia
International Education Centre (INTEC), Malaysia was established in the year of
1982under the name College of Preparatory Education (KPP). The institution is the place where students, mostly Malaysians, undergo specially prepared programmes before further their study overseas.
INTEC as one of the UiTM's learning centre
INTEC does not stand on its own. Instead, it is one of the learning centre in UiTM. Since it is located in UiTM Section 17, Shah Alam, many people called it UiTM Section 17.
UiTM is known for their bumiputra-only admission policy. However, at INTEC, non-bumiputra students are also accepted as a UiTM student.
Programmes offered in INTEC
American Degree Foundation Program (ADFP) and American Credit Transfer Program (ACTP)
Prepare students to top American universities.
ADFP program lasts about a 14 months. It consists of three semesters, including one short semester in summer. During the first semester, students are reaquired to learn English about 20 hours per week in various aspects of English Language. The subjects for the first semester are:
# USEL - Writing
# USEL - Reading Skills
# USEL - Language Awareness
# USEL - TOEFL Preparation
# USEL 01 - SAT Verbal Preparation
# USMT 12 - Precalculus
# CTIS 10 - Islamic Studies
# CTES - Moral and Ethical Studies
Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT)
The Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) Programme is a one-and-a-half-year package for selected students to further their studies in Australia and New Zealand. Courses are conducted based on the curriculum set by the Senior Secondary Assessment Board of South Australia (SSABSA), Adelaide. Students will acquire the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) which is recognized by all Australian and New Zealand universities. It is also accepted by universities in the United Kingdom and Canada.
The programme prepares students to major in Science (Engineering, Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Biotechnology, etc) and Non-Science (Accountancy, Actuarial Science, Economics, Architecture, etc) courses.
For the general requirements, students applying for the programme must have a credit in Bahasa Malaysia and at least 3B in English at the SPM level.
Students must also obtain at least a 3B in any FOUR of the FIVE subjects listed below and a 4B in the remaining ONE subject:
* Mathematics/Additional Mathematics * Physics ( Science ) * Chemistry ( Science ) * Biology ( Science ) * Accountancy ( Non-Science )
Students must also be proficient in the English Language as the course will be conducted in English.
The AUSMAT Programme aims to provide a sound academic foundation and develop the personal discipline necessary for tertiary education in various fields of study at top universities in Australia and New Zealand and for living abroad.
* 20 years of firm collaboration with the Government of South Australia through the Senior Secondary Assessment Board of South Australia (SSABSA) in offering South Australian Matriculation (SAM). * Qualified and well-trained academic staff. Selected staffs participate in the Professional Development Programme and the Marking Panels of the External Examination papers at SSABSA, Adelaide, annually. * Proven track record of Best Results in the World for the SSABSA Examination for the last 4 years with students scoring merit/perfect marks for various subjects * Premier preparatory programme for the Public Services Department sponsored Australian and New Zealand bound students. * Students are introduced to the cultures, communities and education systems of Australia and New Zealand.
ACADEMIC PROGRAMME / SUBJECTS
* English as Second Language Studies * Mathematical Studies * Computer Programming * Islamic Education Studies / Moral Studies
Plus (any 3)Science :
* Physics * Chemistry * Biology * Specialist Mathematics
* Accounting Studies * Economics * Specialist Mathematics * Malay Background Speakers Level - capital B
* Monash University * University of Melbourne * University of Adelaide * University of Sydney * University of Queensland * University of New South Wales * University of Western Australia * Australian National University
"'NEW ZEALAND"' * University of Auckland * University of Otago * University of Canterbury * Waikato University * Lincoln University * Massey University * Victoria University of Wellington * Auckland University of Technology
Look East Policy Program
Societies in INTEC
American Top Universities Students' AssociationAll of the ADFP/ACTP students are automatically become the society's member. Its committee is formed through electoral process.
South Australian Matriculation Students' Association
Persatuan Seni Silat Cekak Ustaz HanafiThis society mainly deals with "Silat Cekak" lessons and handle all of the "Silat Cekak" activities.
University of Technology MARA
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Intec — can refer to:* Intec Telecom Systems, a software company * Intec Records, a record label * Intec, Inc. is also a US company that makes accessories for video game consoles * International Education Centre (INTEC), Malaysia, an institution for… … Wikipedia
Universiti Teknologi MARA — Universiti Teknologi MARA, Malaysia Seal of Universiti Teknologi MARA Motto Usaha Taqwa Mulia Motto in English Endeavour, Religious, Dignified[1 … Wikipedia
Technische Universität MARA — Vorlage:Infobox Hochschule/Logo fehltVorlage:Infobox Hochschule/Professoren fehlt Technische Universität MARA Motto Usaha Taqwa Mulia Gründung 1956 Trägerschaft staatlich Ort Shah Alam, Bundesstaat … Deutsch Wikipedia
Shah Alam — Infobox Settlement |official name =Shah Alam other name =شه عالم motto = Indah Bestari (English: Beautiful, Brilliant ) website = http://www.mbsa.gov.my image map caption = Location within Petaling District, Klang District and the state of… … Wikipedia
WHO Directory of Medical Schools — World Health Organization WHO Directory of Medical Schools by region and country.The World Health Organization Directory of Medical Schools and the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research International Medical… … Wikipedia