Vietnam Mobile Telecom Services Company Type Private Industry Mobile telecommunications Founded April 16, 1993 Headquarters Hanoi, Vietnam Key people Lê Ngọc Minh (director) Products Mobile networks, Telecom services Revenue approx, VND31,000,000,000,000 Employees approx. 3000 Parent VNPT Website www.mobifone.com.vn
Vietnam Mobile Telecom Services (with the brand MobiFone) is a Vietnamese major mobile network operator headquartered in Trung Hoa Nhan Chinh, Hanoi, Vietnam. Founded on April 16, 1993, as a GSM launcher, MobiFone is the first and currently largest telecommunications provider in Vietnam, contributing 41% to the total mobile communication market (surpassing Viettel Mobile with 34%, Vinaphone with 20% and S-Fone with 3%).
- Foundation of the Mobile Telecom Services Center VI. Commemorating 18 year-establishment anniversary of MobiFone.
- Foundation of the Mobile Telecom Services Center V. Commemorating 15 year-establishment anniversary of MobiFone.
- The Value Added Services Center was founded.
- MobiFone ranked as the first position in the Vietnam’s mobile telephony subscription market share.
- Foundation of the Mobile Telecom Services Center IV.
- VMS liquidated the BCC with Kinnevik/Comvik (Sweden).
- The State of Vietnam and Ministry of Posts and Telematics (now is Ministry of Information and Communications) officially decided to equitize VMS.
- Mr. Le Ngoc Minh has become Director of VMS since retirement of Mr. Dinh Van Phuoc.
- Committed a Business Cooperation Contract (BCC) with Kinnevik/Comvik (Sweden).
- Foundation of the Mobile Telecom Services Center III.
- Foundation of the Mobile Telecom Services Center I & II.
- Foundation of Vietnam Mobile Telecom Services Company (VMS).
- Director is Mr Dinh Van Phuoc.
Awards in 2009
- “The most favorite mobile operator in 2009”; “The best customer care operator in 2009” voted by Vietnamnet cyber newspaper and E-Chip Mobile Magazine;
- "The best customer care operator in 2009" granted by Vietnam Ministry of Information and Communications at Vietnam ICT Awards 2009.
- According to an independent report by TNS, a market research company, MobiFone is the number 1 mobile carrier among 7 mobile carriers in Vietnam in terms of level of awareness, favorite and the willing of using the services.
Awards in 2008
- “The excellent ICT business in 2008” voted by PC World’s readers;
- “The best quality service provider in 2008” voted by Saigon Tiep Thi Newspaper;
- “The most favorite mobile operator in 2008”; “The best customer care operator in 2008” voted by Vietnamnet cyber newspaper and E-Chip Mobile Magazine;
- “The excellent mobile operator” granted by Vietnam Ministry of Information and Communications at Vietnam ICT Awards 2008;
- “The best customer care operator in 2008” granted by Vietnam Ministry of Information and Communications at Vietnam ICT Awards 2008.
Awards in 2007
- “The most favorite mobile telephony operator 2007” voted by E-Chip Mobile Magazine - Vietnam Mobile Awards;
- Ranked TOP 20 among 200 biggest businesses in Vietnam by UNDP;
- TOP 10 “Strong Brand” in 2006 - 2007 voted by Vietnam Economic Newspaper.
Awards in 2006
- “The most favourite operator 2006” and “The best customer care operator 2006” voted by E-Chip Mobile Magazine under the Vietnam Mobile Awards chain;
- “The famous brand 2006” voted by Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry;
- “Ranked 1st among TOP 10 strong and potential brand of Vietnamese economy” voted by Le Courierr du Vietnam newspaper on the occasion of APEC Summit 2006.
Awards in 2005
- “The best mobile telephony operator in 2005” voted by E-Chip Mobile Magazine;
- “Strong Brand 2005” voted by Vietnam Economic Newspaper.
- MobiFone Official Site
- MobiFone Value Added Site
- MobiFone Funring Site
- MobiFone 3G Site
- RockStorm Site
- MobiFone Fastmail Site
- MobiFone eNewsletter Site
- MobiFone WAP Site
- MobiFone M World Service Site (xHTMLversion)
- MobiFone News (For MobiFone Staff Only)
- MobiFone Staff OWA Webmail System
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Vinaphone — Infobox Company company name = Vinaphone company company type = Subsidiary of VNPT parent= VNPT slogan = Non stop expanding foundation= June 26,1996 location = flagicon|VIE Hanoi, Vietnam key people = num employees = industry = Mobile… … Wikipedia
Viettel Mobile — Infobox Company company name = Viettel Mobile company company type = Subsidiary of Viettel slogan = Say it your way parent= Viettel foundation= 2004 location = flagicon|VIE Hanoi, Vietnam key people = num employees = industry = Mobile… … Wikipedia
S-Fone — Infobox Company company name = S Fone company slogan = Hearing is Seeing (2003 2007) Smile (current) company type = Subsidiary of S Telecom foundation= July 1,2003 location = flagicon|VIE Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam key people = num employees =… … Wikipedia
Telephone numbers in Vietnam — Country Code: 84International Call Prefix: 00 Land lines The land line phone numbers in Vietnam follows the format Area Code + Phone Number. The area codes depend on the province and/or city.To dial a number within a province and/or city, only… … Wikipedia
Telecommunications in Vietnam — Communications in Vietnam include the use of telephones, radio, television and Internet. Contents 1 Telephones 2 Mobile networks 3 Radio 4 Television … Wikipedia
Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution — Enhanced Data rates for Global Evolution (EDGE), Enhanced GPRS (EGPRS), or IMT Single Carrier (IMT SC) is a backwards compatible digital mobile phone technology that allows improved data transmission rates, as an extension on top of standard GSM … Wikipedia
Communications in Vietnam — include the use of telephones, radio, television and Internet.TelephonesVietnam is putting considerable effort into modernization and expansion of its telecommunication system, but its performance continues to lag behind that of its more modern… … Wikipedia
Big Three — The term Big Three may refer to:Government and education* Big Three (colleges), Harvard, Yale, and Princeton * The Big Three Allied leaders of World War I, the dominant diplomatic figures at the Paris Peace Conference of 1919, Lloyd George,… … Wikipedia
Ho Chi Minh City — Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh Centrally governed city Top: Ho Chi Minh City skyline; Ho Chi Minh City … Wikipedia
Mobile Network Code — A Mobile Network Code (MNC) is used in combination with a Mobile Country Code (MCC) (also known as a MCC / MNC tuple ) to uniquely identify a mobile phone operator/carrier using the GSM/LTE, CDMA, iDEN, TETRA and UMTS public land mobile networks… … Wikipedia