- Open source (disambiguation)
Open source denotes that a product includes permission to use its source code, design documents, or content (see open source and open content - the latter deals with non-software deliverables or where the distinction between source code and other content is unclear or complex).
It may also mean:
- Open-source software, software which permits the use and modification of its source code
- Open-source hardware, or open hardware, computer hardware, such as microprocessors, that is designed in the same fashion as open source software.
- Open source video games, video games developed as open source
- Open source record label, open source music
- Open Source Definition, as used by the Open Source Initiative.
- Open-source license, a copyright license that makes the source code available with a product.
Society and Culture
- History of Open Source
- Open source advocacy
- Open source government, open source in government
- Open-source unionism, an innovative model for labor union organization.
- Open politics (sometimes known as Open source politics), a political process that uses Internet technologies to provide a rapid feedback mechanism between political organizations and their supporters.
- Open security, application of open source philosophies to security
- Open source governance, application of the philosophies of the open source movement to democratic principles
- Open Source Intelligence, an intelligence gathering discipline based on information collected from open sources
- Open Source Initiative, an organization dedicated to promote open source.
- Open Source Development Labs (OSDL), a non-profit corporation that provides space for open-source project
- Open Source Technology group, news, forums, and other resources for IT
- "Open Source", a rocksong performed by The Magic Mushrooms
- Open Source, a radio show using open content information gathering methods hosted by Christopher Lydon
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Open office (disambiguation) — Open office may refer to: OpenOffice.org, a free and open source suite of office productivity programs (text processing, spreadsheet, etc.). OpenOffice.org XML, a deprecated international file format used by earlier versions of OpenOffice.org.… … Wikipedia
Open city (disambiguation) — An open city is a city that is declared demilitarized during a war, entitling it to immunity from attack under international law. Open City may also refer to: Rome, Open City, a 1945 Roberto Rossellini film Open City (film), a 2008 South Korean… … Wikipedia
Open source — This article is about the production and development model. For its application to software, see Open source software. For the form of intelligence collection management, see Open source intelligence. For other uses, see Open source… … Wikipedia
Open Source Lab — The Open Source Lab is a group at Oregon State University dedicated to supporting and developing Open Source software. A wide range of projects are hosted at the lab including Gentoo, Mozilla, Debian, and freenode. Development projects include… … Wikipedia
Open Source Tripwire — For other uses, see Tripwire (disambiguation). Open Source Tripwire Developer(s) FRLinux (formerly Ron Forrester) Stable release 2.4.2 Operating system Linux, all POSIX/UNIX Systems … Wikipedia
Open Source Applications Foundation — OSAF redirects here. For other uses, see OSAF (disambiguation). The Open Source Applications Foundation (OSAF) is a non profit organization founded in 2002 by Mitch Kapor whose purpose is to effect widespread adoption of free software/open source … Wikipedia
The Open Source Order of the Golden Dawn — This article is about the Order founded in 2002 by Sam Webster and associates. For similar organizations, see Golden Dawn (disambiguation). Golden Dawn Category:Golden Dawn Core topics … Wikipedia
Open — may refer to: Contents 1 Philosophy 2 Mathematics 3 Music and media … Wikipedia
Open Up — may refer to: Open Unified Process (OpenUP), an open source process framework Open Up!, opening up the Natural History Heritage for the Europeana project Open Up (song), a single by Leftfield released in 1993 Open Up (Cog single), a maxi single… … Wikipedia
Open Hardware License — may refer to: TAPR Open Hardware License Balloon Open Hardware License CERN Open Hardware License See also Open source hardware This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an … Wikipedia