show_name = CatDog
caption = CatDog logo
genre = Animated Series
Tom Kenny Jim Cummings Carlos Alazraqui Maria Bamford Nika Frost John Kassir Dwight Schultz
country = United States
language = English
num_seasons = 3
num_episodes = 66
list_episodes = List of CatDog episodes
runtime = 22 minutes approx.
channel = Nickelodeon
first_aired = October 4, 1998
last_aired = July 24, 2004
website = http://www.nickelodeon.com.au/toonroom/xtoonroomcat.php
imdb_id = 0154061
tv_com_id = 755
Nickelodeon at first ordered 40 episodes for the series and planned to debut it in fall 1998. Narc produced the series from Burbank,
California, United States." [http://www.variety.com/article/VR1116678594.html?categoryid=14&cs=1 Nick leashes 'CatDog' to 40 episodes] ." "Variety".]
Because of their strange condition, CatDog are often harassed by the Greaser Dogs, a trio of tough hoods, and their neighbor, Winslow, a devious blue
Albie Hecht, Nickelodeon's senior vice president of worldwide productions, said that the creators planned for the show to "really play off of kids' sympathies" by portraying the characters as experiencing "the worst of both worlds".
* DogDog, a
dog, generally acts as the normal canine; loyal to a fault, very energetic, and easily distracted. He is often a voice of reason for Cat, who can be highly unscrupulous in his tasks. Unlike Cat, he does not care for cleanliness, preferring instead to ravage trash cans for food (he also chases a garbage truck whenever he sees one). He is very honest. His catchphrase is "Hi Ho diggity". He is voiced by Tom Kenny.
* CatCat, a
cat, desires fame and fortune, and is prone to go to extravagant lengths in order to achieve them despite Dog's warnings. He is a stickler for cleanliness, yet is highly hydrophobic, like many cats are. Oftentimes, when Dog says "Hi Ho Diggity!" Cat responds with "No Ho Diggity!", as the phrase usually leads to an outcome that hurts Cat. He is voiced by Jim Cummings.
* CliffThe leader of The Greaser Dogs. Cliff acts belligerent in order to maintain his tough image, but has a very vulnerable side which Cat and Dog sometimes exploit. Also voiced by Tom Kenny.
* ShriekThe second-in-command of the Greasers, she struggles to distance herself from her privileged background with a tomboyish demeanor. Because of this, she must often remind other characters of her femininity. Shriek has an unrequited crush on Dog, which is said to prevent her from harming him during CatDog's routine beatings at the Greasers' hands. She is voiced by
RabbitRancid Rabbit often serves as an antagonist to CatDog and the Greasers, appearing in numerous roles throughout the series, usually the owner and proprietor of every single store and management in the city. He is highly manipulative and greedy, and has a very short temper. His catchphrases are "What, what, what", and "Leaping Lumbago". Rancid is voiced by Billy West, and sounds similar to Louie Anderson. He also is voiced by Tim Hughes and Reuben Dyer. They have been noted for their racial insensitive comments and their grotesque, inhuman appearance.
* LubeReal name Ignatius, he is very unintelligent and sometimes speaks in non sequiturs. Lube is the workhorse of the Greasers, often doing tasks which Shriek and Cliff have the sense to shirk. Lube is a skilled auto mechanic, hence his nickname. He is voiced by
* Winslow OddfellowA blue mouse who lives in CatDog's home. Constantly sarcastic
* Randolph. He first appears in the episode "CatDog's End", where he wants to trade his butt to Cat while being attached to Dog. He befriends CatDog. His two catchphrases are "I LOVE it!" and "Right in the grundies!". He is also voiced by Billy West. Later his position was replaced by Jonathan Hain.
* Mervis and DunglapA pig and weasel, respectively, who are best friends, but often get into heated arguments, resulting in a fight. They are usually seen as background characters, appearing on TV shows and as a salesman in various episodes.
Tom Kenny— Dog, Cliff (Deformed Bulldog)
Jim Cummings— Cat
Carlos Alazraqui— Winslow T. Oddfellow, Lube
Maria Bamford— Shriek Dubois
Nika Frost— Lola Caricola
John Kassir— Dunglap, Mervis
Dwight Schultz— Eddie the Squirrel
* Billy West — Rancid Rabbit, Mr. Sunshine, Randolph
Ian James Corlett- Squirrel Dog
Peter Hannan: Executive Producer
* Russ Mooney: Director
* Denis M. Hannigan: Original Music
Steven Banks: Writer
Chris 'Casper' Kelly: Writer
* Robert Lamoreaux: Writer
* Sultan Pepper: Writer
* Rachel Powell: Writer
* Andy Rheingold: Writer
Jon Ross: Writer
Broadcast outside of North America
*In the UK,Catdog was aired on 28 September 1998 and it's currently airing on
*In Australia,Catdog was aired on Nickelodeon Australia in 1999 and is still currently showing.Catdog was also shown only for a short period on ABC Kids from 2001-2002 before
ABC Kidsclosed on June 13 2003.
In 1999 two VHS' were released, each containing five episodes, the first "Together Forever", included: Dog Gone, Flea or Die, Diamond Fever, Catdog's End and Workforce, as well as a bonus short, Cat Diggety Dog. The second, "Catdog VS The Greasers" contained: Siege on Fort Catdog, SquirrelDog, Full Moon Fever, Shriek Loves Dog and The Bodyguard. No DVD releases have been announced, although episodes 2-36, 43, 45, 47, 48 and 49 are available on iTunes.
* [http://www.nickelodeon.com.au/toonroom/xtoonroomcat.php Official website (Australia)]
* [http://www.nickjapan.com/programs/cat_dog/index.html Official website (Japan)]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
CatDog — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda CatDog Título CatDog Género serie animada Creado por Peter Hannan País de origen … Wikipedia Español
Catdog — Seriendaten Deutscher Titel: CatDog Originaltitel: CatDog Produktionsland: Vereinigte Staaten Produktionsjahr(e): 1998 2004 Episodenlänge: etwa 22 Minuten Episodenanzahl … Deutsch Wikipedia
CatDog — Seriendaten Deutscher Titel CatDog … Deutsch Wikipedia
List of CatDog episodes — This is a list of all episodes from the animated CatDog television series.Episode list66 episodes and 1 made for TV movie, , were produced:# Pilot: At the opening of Taco Depot, Dog loves tacos, so he bumps into a sign and is CatDog , then the… … Wikipedia
Список эпизодов мультсериала «Котопёс» — Ниже представлен список из 68 эпизодов мультсериала «Котопёс» и одного телефильма «Котопёс: Великая тайна происхождения» (англ.) (2001). Мультсериал был представлен зрителям 4 октября 1998 г. На русском языке не был озвучен 4 сезон, за… … Википедия
Dog Gone / All You Can't Eat — Infobox Television episode Title = Dog Gone / All You Can t Eat Series = CatDog Caption = Season = 1 Episode = 1 Airdate = October 4, 1998 Production = 01 Writer = Peter Hannan Director = Peter Hannan Producer = Prev = Next = Flea or Die! /… … Wikipedia
Nicktoons Racing — PAL/UK PlayStation version box art Developer(s) Software Creations Firemint (GBA Version) Publisher(s) … Wikipedia
Peter Hannan — (born August 13, 1954) is a television producer, writer, singer songwriter.Hannan is the creator and executive producer of the Nickelodeon animated television series CatDog , overseeing all aspects (writing, storyboarding, character design, art… … Wikipedia
Drymon — Derek Drymon (* 1965 in Jefferson, New Jersey) ist ein US amerikanischer Regisseur, Filmproduzent und Drehbuchautor. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 Leben 2 Nickelodeon 3 Diggs Tailwagger … Deutsch Wikipedia
Peter Hannan — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Peter Hannan (n. 13 de agosto de 1954) es un productor de televisión, escritor y cantautor. Hannan es el creador y productor ejecutivo de la serie de televisión animada de Nickelodeon, CatDog, supervisando todos los… … Wikipedia Español