- Kettering High School
Charles F. Kettering Senior High School Motto "Go Hard or Go Home" Established 1964 Type High School Affiliation Detroit Public Schools Principal Leroy Bougard Grades 9-12 including Dual Enrollment Location 6101 Van Dyke,
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Coordinates Coordinates: Colors Royal Blue and White Mascot Pioneer Newspaper 'Pioneer Press'
Kettering High School is a 4 year high school within the Detroit Public Schools system. Located in Detroit, Michigan United States The school was built in what is now known to be a low income neighborhood. Kettering offers many classes that will meet the academic grading in the United States.
Kettering Pioneers Athletic Hall of Fame
- By virtue of his 1968 Michigan High School Athletic Association title in the 880-yard run, Roger Cleaver became Kettering's first major athletic champion.
- Anthony Thompson, Eddie Woods, Eldon Parham and anchorman, Charles Carroll won the 440-yard relay for Kettering at the 1973 MHSAA track and field championships.
- Calvin Reed was a renowned football and track athlete for the Pioneers; in 1974, Calvin took first place in the shot put at the MHSAA finals.
- Jon Boyd, Eugene Singleton, Sollie Boone, and two-time state titlist, Charles Carroll took first place in the 440-yard relay at the 1974 MHSAA championships.
- In 1977, John Anthony and Paul Butler teamed with Stan Edwards and Deon Hogan to win another state championship for Kettering; this one came in the 880-yard relay.
- Multisport standout, Stan Edwards (1978) starred on the gridiron and in the sport of track and field. In 1977, Stan ran lead-off on Kettering's MHSAA champion 880-yard relay team. In college, Edwards played football for the University of Michigan; he was also a six-year veteran of the National Football League. Stan Edwards is the father of Braylon Edwards; an All-American at the University of Michigan, and wide-receiver with the NFL's New York Jets.
- A Kettering teammate of Stan Edwards', Jerome Foster (1978) played collegiately at Ohio State University. Foster also played four seasons as a defensive end and nose tackle in the NFL.
- Deon Hogan (1978) won a total of four MHSAA track and field titles during his years at Kettering High. In 1977, Deon was state champion in the 440-yard dash; he also ran the anchor leg on Kettering's victorious 880-yard relay team. Then in 1978, Deon Hogan won state championships in the 100 and 220-yard dash.
- Kettering's Florette McGowan, Mona McGowan, Felicia Clark and Edwina Mason comprised the quartet that took first place in the 880-yard relay, at the 1978 MHSAA ladies' track and field championships.
Kettering is located on the eastdide of Detroit, Michigan. Its address is 6101 Van Dyke Detroit, Michigan 48213. It sits next to the Edsel B. Ford Freeway also known as I-94
Administration and School Code
Principal: Mr. Leroy Bougard Regional Superintendent: Dr. James Ray
What they offer
• Local School Community Organization (LSCO). • Instrumental Music. • Fine Arts. • Advanced Art. • Advanced Placement Classes. • All students are Career and College Prep. • Parent Classes. • After School Tutoring. • Seven Computer Labs. • Spanish Language Classes. • Benjamin Banneker Honors Program • Choir • Marching Band/Orchestra • Sports • Technology/IT Classes
Detroit Allied Health Middle College High School program
In 2007, Detroit Allied Health Middle College High School (DAHMC) was opened at Kettering High School. It is a newly developed Detroit Public School, in partnership with Wayne County Community College District (WCCCD) and Detroit Medical Center (DMC). The program is designed to prepare male and female students for the ever increasing employment opportunities in the health care field. Students who successfully complete the academic curriculum of Detroit Allied Health Middle College High School will graduate with both a high school diploma and an Associate Degree or two years of transferable college credit from Wayne County Community College District.
Robert Bob's new financial plan
In May 2009 Kettering High School was informed that they would be included in the new financial plan implemented by Emergency financial Manager Robert Bobb. This meant that many teachers and staff member would lose their job in order to bring lower paid personal in to cut costs. The students and staff were not to happy with that so one senior thought to take things into his own hands. He planned a walk-out and rally to show that there was valuable reasons why they should not fire their principal Mrs. Willie Howard only one of 33 who would loose their jobs and other teachers.
- ^ Leduff, Charlie. "What Killed Ayana Stanley-Jones?" Mother Jones. November/December 2010. 39.
- ^ http://www.mhsaa.com/Sports/BoysTrackField/IndividualChampions/1960s.aspx
- ^ a b c d e f http://www.mhsaa.com/Sports/BoysTrackField/IndividualChampions/1970s.aspx
- ^ http://www.databasefootball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=EDWARSTA01
- ^ http://www.databasefootball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=FOSTEJER01
- ^ http://www.mhsaa.com/Sports/GirlsTrackField/IndividualChampions/1970s.aspx
- ^ 
Detroit Public Schools (DPS) Zoned high schools Optional high schoolsBarsamian Preparatory Center • Cass Technical • Communication & Media Arts • Crosman • Davis Aerospace • Detroit City • Detroit Technology High School • Detroit School of Arts • Catherine Ferguson Academy • Millennium School • Renaissance • Trombly Alternative • West Side Academy Alternative Education Former high schools
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Waterford Kettering High School — Infobox School name = Waterford Kettering High School imagesize = caption = streetaddress = 2800 Kettering Drive city = Waterford state = Michigan zipcode = 48329 country = USA coordinates = coord|42.679422| 83.391509|display=inline,title… … Wikipedia
Kettering Grammar School — was a boys grammar school (selective) based on Windmill Avenue in Kettering, Northamptonshire. The female equivalent in the town was called Kettering High School.HistoryThe site is now known as the Tresham Institute (… … Wikipedia
High school radio — within the United States is almost as old as radio broadcasting itself. Simply defined as a radio station, with its studios located at a high school and usually operated by its students with faculty supervision, stations fitting this description… … Wikipedia
Kettering City School District — is a school district located in Kettering, Ohio.High Schools*Kettering Fairmont High School Middle Schools*Kettering Middle School *Van Buren Middle School Elementary Schools*Beavertown *Greenmont *Indian Riffle *J.E. Prass *John F. Kennedy… … Wikipedia
Northampton High School — This article is about the private high school for girls in Northampton, England. For the public high school in Northampton, Massachusetts, see Northampton High School (Massachusetts). For the public high school in Northampton, Pennsylvania, see… … Wikipedia
Cooley High School — Thomas M. Cooley High School Address 15055 Hubbell Avenue Detroit, Michigan 48227 … Wikipedia
Moeller High School — Archbishop Moeller High School Moeller s school seal and logo Nova bella elegit Dominus … Wikipedia
Novi High School — Location Novi, Michigan, 48375 USA Information School type Public high school Motto A Commitment to Excellence … Wikipedia
Northville High School — Type Public secondary Principal Robert Watson Faculty 131 Students appro … Wikipedia
Chadsey High School — Charles E. Chadsey High School Address 5335 Martin Street Detroit, Michigan 48210 Information School type Public Status Being Demolished, March 2011 Closed … Wikipedia