- Guggenheim Partners
Guggenheim Partners, LLC Type Private Industry Financial Services Founded 1999 Founder(s) Guggenheim family Headquarters New York
Area served Worldwide Key people Alan Schwartz (Executive Chairman) Products Investment Banking
Services Diversified Financial Services AUM $100+ billion Owner(s) Private Employees 1400+ Website www.guggenheimpartners.com
Guggenheim Partners, LLC is a privately held, diversified financial services firm that engages in investment banking, capital markets services, investment management, and investment advisory. The firm is headquartered in Chicago and New York with over 1,400 professionals located in 20 cities throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia. It has more than $100 billion of assets under its supervision. The firm's executive chairman is Alan D. Schwartz.
In May 2009, Guggenheim acquired a controlling interest in Transparent Value LLC, creators of the Required Business Performance Methodology. In July 2009 it acquired Claymore Group, a firm known for its ETFs and UITs. In February 2010 it acquired Security Benefit Corp, parent company of Rydex Funds.
In June 2009, Guggenheim hired former Bear Stearns CEO Alan Schwartz as Executive Chairman to "focus on transforming Guggenheim`s existing broker-dealer, which is focused on sales and trading of fixed income securities, into a full-service investment banking enterprise".
In October 2009, Guggenheim hired former JP Morgan head of Media Investment Banking Mark Van Lith as Senior Managing Director.
Investment Banking and Capital Markets
- ^ "Guggenheim Partners - About Us". http://www.guggenheimpartners.com/about-us.aspx.
- ^ "Guggenheim Partners - Home". http://www.guggenheimpartners.com/.
- ^ "After Bear, Schwartz to Join Guggenheim Partners". The New York Times. June 2, 2009. http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/02/bears-schwartz-to-join-guggenheim-partners/. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
- ^ http://www.transparentvaluefunds.com/about-us/about-us.aspx
- ^ "Guggenheim Partners to Acquire Claymore Group". Reuters. July 31, 2009. http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/07/31/idUS192538+31-Jul-2009+BW20090731.
- ^ http://blogs.marketwatch.com/etfblog/2010/02/16/guggenheim-buys-rydex-parent/
- ^ "Alan Schwartz Joins Guggenheim Partners as Executive Chairman". Reuters. June 2, 2009. http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS41412+02-Jun-2009+BW20090602. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
- ^ "Peter Comisar Joins Guggenheim Securities as Vice Chairman and Head of West Coast Investment Banking". prnewswire.com. September 10, 2009. http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseContent.aspx?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/09-10-2009/0005091279&EDATE=. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
- ^ "Mark Van Lith Joins Guggenheim Securities' Investment Banking Group". Reuters. October 7, 2009. http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS100365+07-Oct-2009+PRN20091007. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
- ^ "Guggenheim ‘Excited’ About Private Equity, Likes Macro Funds". Bloomberg. October 8, 2009. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=avJZCdo441lA. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Guggenheim — may refer to: Benjamin Guggenheim Charles Guggenheim Davis Guggenheim Guggenheim Building Guggenheim family Guggenheim Fellowship Guggenheim Museum (disambiguation) Harry Frank Guggenheim John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation Marc Guggenheim… … Wikipedia
Guggenheim family — The Guggenheim family refers to a number of descendants of Meyer Guggenheim who were known for their successes in mining and smelting, and later for their philanthropy in diverse areas such as modern art and aviation, including several Guggenheim … Wikipedia
Guggenheim Abu Dhabi — Infobox building building name = Guggenheim Abu Dhabi caption = A model of the planned Guggenheim Abu Dhabi type = Art museum architectural style = Modern cost =US$200 million (estimated)cite web|url=http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle … Wikipedia
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt — Founded 1880 Founder Henry Oscar Houghton, George Mifflin Country of origin United States Headquarters loca … Wikipedia
Dow Jones Indexes — CME Group Indexes, LLC dba/ Dow Jones Indexes A CME Group Company Type Joint venture of CME Group Inc. and Dow Jones Company, which is a subsidiary of News Corporation Founded 15 Wall Street, New York (1882) Founder(s) Charles Dow, Edward Jones,… … Wikipedia
Architecture and Civil Engineering — ▪ 2009 Introduction Architecture For Notable Civil Engineering Projects in work or completed in 2008, see Table (Notable Civil Engineering Projects (in work or completed, 2008)). Beijing was the centre of the world of architecture… … Universalium
architecture — /ahr ki tek cheuhr/, n. 1. the profession of designing buildings, open areas, communities, and other artificial constructions and environments, usually with some regard to aesthetic effect. Architecture often includes design or selection of… … Universalium
Frank Gehry — Infobox Architect caption = name = Frank Owen Gehry CC LLD ( hc ) PhD ( hc ) DEng ( hc ) DArch ( hc ) DA (CIA, hc ) DA (RISD, hc ) DA (OAI, hc ) nationality = Canadian, American birth date = birth date and age|mf=yes|1929|2|28 birth place =… … Wikipedia
List of Disney theatrical feature films — Key to the colors used below Type of film Animated feature films Films with live action and animation Live action films True Life Adventures Documentary films … Wikipedia
List of University of Chicago people — The following is a list of people affiliated with the University of Chicago, including alumni, current and former faculty members, students, and others. The University of Chicago was founded in 1890 by American industrialist and philanthropist… … Wikipedia