- Club 21
Club 21 Pte Ltd Type Private Industry Fashion retailing Founded 1972 Founder(s) Mrs. Christina Ong Headquarters Singapore, Singapore Area served Australia, Mainland China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, the United Kingdom and USA Key people Mrs. Christina Ong Website http://www.club21global.com
Club 21  is a luxury retail company established in 1972 by Singaporean entrepreneur-hotelier Christina Ong . Club 21 started as a small boutique in Singapore’s Tanglin Shopping Centre and has expanded to operate multi-label fashion stores at Four Seasons Singapore, as well as licensed boutiques in Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia and Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand , the United Kingdom and USA.
Club 21 manages the brands Donna Karan, ck Calvin Klein, Giorgio Armani, A|X Armani Exchange, Balenciaga, Marni, Mulberry , Dolce & Gabbana, D&G, Diesel, Paul Smith, Issey Miyake, Jil Sander, Dries Van Noten, Comme des Garçons and Lanvin. It also operates ck Calvin Klein and DKNY Jeans under license. A joint venture with Giorgio Armani S.p.A  is expanding the A|X Armani Exchange brand worldwide . Club 21 has 3,800 employees across four continents, engaged in wholesale distribution, sourcing, brand guardianship and vertical retail .
Club 21 is part of the COMO Group. The Group’s COMO Hotels and Resorts division manages and operates the following properties : The Halkin in London's Belgravia; the Metropolitan Bangkok and Metropolitan London urban hotels; private island resorts Parrot Cay in the Turks and Caicos and Cocoa Island in the Maldives; Uma Paro in Bhutan; and Uma Ubud in Bali.
2010 UNIFEM Buy to Save
In 2010, Club 21 is once again partnering with UNIFEM Singapore  to host Give to Save, where gently-worn designer items are collected from Club 21 clients and the general public during 24–28 November 2010 at the Forum The Shopping Mall. The items collected will be sorted, priced and sold at the Buy to Save event. Proceeds from the sale of these items will benefit women who are at-risk from violence and exploitation.
Club 21 UK, which operates Giorgio Armani and DKNY Jeans, was convicted after discriminating a manager who told his bosses he was HIV positive. From positivenation.co.uk "Diagnosed with HIV in 1993, Mr Pasquarelli disclosed his HIV status to his employers after becoming severely ill with multiple Hodgkin’s lymphoma, a cancer which affected his lungs and liver. When the store closed for refurbishment last April, he claimed was not offered suitable alternative work, was discriminated against and made redundant. His case was reported in the media in the same week as stars flocked to a celebrity party held by Giorgio Armani to endorse the Bono Red campaign to promote HIV awareness and support the Global Fund to Fight Aids, TB and Malaria. Mr Armani’s partner Sergio Galeotti died from AIDS in 1993. Armarni’s UK franchise is held by a multi-millionaire Malaysian national called Howe Chegne. In its ruling against the Armani franchise company Orthet, the tribunal said: “We would expect Mr Pasquarelli’s many years of loyalty to be rewarded by the offer of at least a temporary position for the duration of the café’s closure. “Orthet discriminated against Mr Pasquarelli by not offering him alternative employment and did so for a reason relating to his disability, treating him less favourably than they treated a person to whom that reason did not apply.” Since 5 December 2005, the Disability Discrimination Act has protected all HIV positive employees in work from the point of diagnosis. " 
- ^ National Park Singapore, Mrs Christina Ong, Chairman of the board, http://www.nparks.gov.sg/ar0809/members-of-the-board.html, retrieved 23 April 2010
- ^ Wang, Esther, Infopedia, Club 21, http://infopedia.nl.sg/articles/SIP_1480_2009-03-02.html, retrieved 7 April 2010
- ^ TimesOnline (27 April 2008). "Christina Ong". The Times (London). http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/specials/rich_list/article3797338.ece. Retrieved 7 April 2010.
- ^ Supertravel, Singapore, Club 21, http://www.superfuture.com/supertravel/singapore/orchard_west/club_21/99744, retrieved 22 April 2010
- ^ Cripps, Karla (1 June 2009). "Club 21: Luxury central". CNNGO.com. http://www.cnngo.com/bangkok/shop/club-21-luxury-central-250245. Retrieved 23 April 2010.
- ^ Barker, Sophie (10 June 2000). "Mulberry shares soar as Club 21 buys stake". London: Telegraph.co.uk. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/4454006/Mulberry-shares-soar-as-Club-21-buys-stake.html. Retrieved 23 April 2010.
- ^ Jones, Adam (4 Nov 2005), Armani plans Ong joint venture, FT.com, http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/eab20bf2-4cd7-11da-89df-0000779e2340.html, retrieved 26 April 2010
- ^ New A/X Armani Exchange Deal Expected to Boost Label’s Sales, fashionwindows.com, http://www.fashionwindows.com/visual/2005/armani.asp, retrieved 26 April 2010
- ^ Club 21 Pte Ltd business profile, Business Week, http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=30487223, retrieved 7 April 2010
- ^ "COMO Hotels and Resorts official site". http://www.como.bz/. Retrieved April 13, 2010.
- ^ Roberts, Sophy (Nov/Dec 2002). "The World of Christina Ong". http://www.departures.com/articles/world-of-christina-ong. Retrieved 13 April 2010.
- ^ BUY TO SAVE 2010, http://unifem.org.sg/Upcoming_Events.shtml, retrieved 27 Dec 2010
- ^ http://www.positivenation.co.uk/issue127/regulars/news/news127.htm
- ^ http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/topstories/935718.armani_forced_out_manager_for_being_hivpositive/
- ^ http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Armani+cafe+boss+sacked+for+having+HIV+wins+[pounds+sterling]18,000-a0151671241
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
club — club … Dictionnaire des rimes
Club 33 — Location Anaheim, California, U.S. Type Private club Opened 1967 Owner Disneyland Website … Wikipedia
Club 9 — Genre Comedy Manga Written by Makoto Kobayashi … Wikipedia
Club 18-30 — Type Private Industry Package holidays Founded 1970 Headquarters Bradford, England, UK Area served United Kingdom, Spa … Wikipedia
Club 47 — Club Passim ist ein Folkklub in Cambridge (Massachusetts), in dem viele Musiker ihre Karriere starteten oder im Laufe ihrer Karriere auftraten. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 Geschichte 2 aufgetretene Musiker 3 Literatur 4 Weblinks // … Deutsch Wikipedia
Club — (kl[u^]b), n. [Cf. Icel. klubba, klumba, club, klumbuf[=o]ir a clubfoot, SW. klubba club, Dan. klump lump, klub a club, G. klumpen clump, kolben club, and E. clump.] 1. A heavy staff of wood, usually tapering, and wielded with the hand; a weapon; … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
Club 3D — Rechtsform B.V. (Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung) Gründung 1997 Sitz … Deutsch Wikipedia
CLUB — (émission de télévision) Club Genre Télé tirelire, jeu musical Présenté par Claire Nevers Anciennement présenté par Karine Ferri, Ar … Wikipédia en Français
Club 40 — is a French weekly music chart that reflects spinning of tunes in French clubs. It was established by Yacast France Institute in collaboration with Syndicat National de l Édition Phonographique (SNEP) in response to the need of music label… … Wikipedia
club — club·ba·ble; club; club·ber; club·bi·ly; club·bish; club·bist; club·by; club·i·on·i·dae; club·man; club·mo·bile; club·ster; in·ter·club; club·a·ble; … English syllables