- DAR 10
DAR 10 Role Light bomber and reconnaissance Manufacturer Darzhavna Aeroplanna Rabotilnica First flight July 1941 Status Prototype Primary user Bulgarian Air Force Number built 2
Design and development
The DAR 10 was a single-engine two-seat (pilot and gunner) low-wing cantilever monoplane aircraft of conventional layout. Its two seats were in tandem under enclosed glazing. Its tailwheel undercarriage was fixed, and the main gears were spatted. the wings had wooden structure, covered with plywood. Flaps were not used.
Three-bladed steel propellers were used.
Two prototypes were built, powered by different engines:
- DAR 10A Bekas (Bulgarian: "snipe"), powered by an Alfa Romeo 128 R.C.21 9-cylinder radial engine rated at 950 hp (709 kW). This was the first DAR 10 to fly, on 2 July 1941. It was designed to carry four machine guns (2 fixed forward-firing and 2 in rear gunner position). It could carry five 100-kg bombs, mounted under the wings. There was also the possibility of a fixed 20 mm forward-firing cannon installation in the forward fuselage.
This aircraft crashed in October 1942. In spite of good flight reviews, the type was not chosen for production. The high-wing KB-11 Fazan was selected for production instead.
- DAR 10F (the "F" to indicate its Fiat engine), powered by a Fiat A 74 R.C.38 14-cylinder radial engine rated at 870 hp (649 kW). This aircraft first flew in March 1945. It was slightly heavier and longer than the DAR-10A. Its top speed was 454 km/h (282 mph). Thanks to a stronger construction and dive flaps, it could serve also as a dive bomber. It could be equipped with two fixed fuselage-mounted 20 mm cannons firing forward, two fixed wing-mounted machine guns, and two machine guns for the gunner. It could carry one 500 kg (1,100 lb) bomb or 1 x 250 kg (551 lb) and 4 x 100 kg (110 lb). The bombs would be mounted under the fuselage and wings.
The DAR-10 was not selected for production. Some sources suggest that it was passed over in favor of the German Junkers Ju-87 Stuka dive bomber, while the improved DAR-10F was not selected as World War II had ended and Bulgaria had access to ample supplies of modern Soviet aircraft such as the Ilyushin Il-2 and Il-10.
- First prototype, powered by an Alfa Romeo radial engine.
- Second prototype, powered by a Fiat radial engine.
Data from Jane's Aircraft Recognition Guide 
- Crew: 2
- Length: 31.3 feet (9.54 m)
- Wingspan: 40.0 feet (12.20 m)
- Height: 10.8 feet (3.3 m)
- Wing area: 239 ft² (22.2 m²)
- Empty weight: 4,063 lb (1,843 kg)
- Loaded weight: 5,666 lb (2,570 kg)
- Powerplant: 1× Alfa Romeo 128 R.C.21, 950 hp (708 kW)
- Maximum speed: 255 mph (410 km/h)
- Range: 727 miles (1,170 km)
- Service ceiling: 23,785 feet (7,250 m)
- 4x machine guns:
- 2x 7.92 mm fixed in wings
- 2x 7.7 mm in rear upper station
- 1x 20 mm gun in nose (?)
- 500 kg bombs
- Bernád, Dénes. "Balkan Birds: Thirty Five Years of Bulgarian Aircraft Production". Air Enthusiast (Stamford, Lincs, UK: Key Publishing) (94, July/August 2001): pp.18–30. ISSN 0143-5450.
- Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
- Related lists
Aircraft produced by Drjavna Aeroplane Robotilnitsa Lists relating to aviation General Military Accidents/incidents Records
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
dar — verbo transitivo,prnl. 1. Hacer (una persona) que [una cosa] pase a poder de [otra persona]: Se dieron los regalos. Mi tío me dio mil pesetas. Dio un caramelo a cada niño. 2. Considerar … Diccionario Salamanca de la Lengua Española
dar — (Del lat. dare). 1. tr. donar. 2. entregar. 3. Ofrecer materia para algo. Dar tema para una composición. 4. Conferir, proveer en alguien un empleo u oficio. Le dieron el oficio de canciller. 5. Ordenar, aplicar … Diccionario de la lengua española
DAR 1 — Role Civil training aircraft National origin Bulgaria Manufacturer … Wikipedia
Dar.K — Pays d’origine France Genre musical Reggae Ragga Soul Dancehall Années d activité … Wikipédia en Français
dar — dar(se) 1. ‘Entregar(se) u ofrecer(se)’. Verbo irregular: v. conjugación modelo (→ apéndice 1, n.º 27). La forma de subjuntivo dé se escribe con tilde para distinguirla de la preposición de (→ tilde2, 3): «No llamen a la polic … Diccionario panhispánico de dudas
DAR 6 — Role Training biplane Manufacturer DAR Designer Zevtan Lazarov First flight 1930s Primary user Bulgarian Air Force The DAR 6 was a 1930s Bulgarian two seat biplane basic or advanced training aircraft. The DAR 6 was designed by Zevtan Lazarov … Wikipedia
DAR 4 — Role Airliner Manufacturer DAR First flight 1930 … Wikipedia
DAR — can refer to:An organization: * Daughters of the American Revolution * DAR Aircraft, a Bulgarian aircraft manufacturer * [http://www.dar.bam.de/ Deutscher Akkreditierungs Rat] , German Accreditation CouncilA place: * Dar es Salaam (a local… … Wikipedia
Dar — may refer to: Dar, Azerbaijan, a village Dar es Salaam (a local abbreviation) Dar (tribe), a Kashmiri tribe in India and Pakistan Dar, Russian title of Vladimir Nabokov s book The Gift Dar, a character in the 1982 fantasy movie The Beastmaster… … Wikipedia
Dar — Dar, eine Partikel, welche so wohl allein, als auch in Zusammensetzungen gebraucht wird. 1. Allein, ist sie so wohl im Oberdeutschen, als Niedersächsischen für das Nebenwert des Ortes da üblich. Die Hochdeutschen haben sie in diesem Falle nicht,… … Grammatisch-kritisches Wörterbuch der Hochdeutschen Mundart