- DESA diesel
Iran Heavy Diesel Manufacturing Company
Type private Industry Engineering and manufacturing Founded 1992 in Amol, Iran Headquarters Tehran and Amol, Iran Key people Ghorbanalibeik, President
Products Diesel engine, gas engine Services Maintenance & refurbishing of diesel engines Revenue $ 30.2 million[when?] Employees 160(2009) Website www.desa.ir
The Iran Heavy Diesel Manufacturing Company (DESA) was established in 1991 to manufacture heavy diesel engines from 200 to 3500 KW for railway, marine and Power generation purposes.
The Iran Heavy Diesel Engine Mfg Co. (DESA) company was established in 1991 with the aim of developing industrial production of diesel engines; a factory of over 10,000m2 was constructed on a 80ha site, with facilities for quality testing and research and design.
The company obtained licenses to manufactur Wartsila engines and Ruston RK 215 engines under license from MAN Warsila engine assembly began in 1996, RK 215 engine production began in 2000.
The company is also assembling 16V 4000 MTU type diesel engines for a contract for 150 IranRunner locomotives for passenger trains to be manufactured by Siemens and the MLC (Mapna Locomotive Engineering and Manufacturing Company). The first 30 units will be supplied by Siemens, the remaining 120 will be primarily manufactured domestically capacities and expertise over six years.
The company also supplies the engines for marine use, and dual fuel engines for powerplants.
- Iranian railway industry
- AD43C, diesel locomotive class using DESA Diesel built Ruston RK 215 type engines
- ^ a b c d e f g "Iran Heavy Diesel Engine Mfg Co. (DESA)". desa.ir. http://desa.ir/en/companyintroduction1.pdf. Retrieved 27 June 2011.
- ^ "Iran unveils heavy-duty diesel engine". www.tehrantimes.com (Tehran Times). 25 July 2009. http://www.tehrantimes.com/index_View.asp?code=199541.
- ^ "Iran to develop dual-fuel NG-diesel engines". edition.presstv.ir. PressTV. 27 July 2009. http://edition.presstv.ir/detail/101766.html.
- ^ "Iranians to build AC diesels". Railway Gazette. 1 February 1998. http://www.railwaygazette.com/nc/news/single-view/view/iranians-to-build-ac-diesels.html.
- ^ "Iran Manufactures 1st Express Train". www.iran-daily.com (Iran Daily). 3 February 2007. Archived from the original on 5 February 2007. http://web.archive.org/web/20070205113720/http://www.iran-daily.com/1385/2772/html/economy.htm.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Desa — can refer to: Desa (band), an American rock band Desaparecidos, American punk band desa (Indonesian), a village in Indonesia DESA diesel, diesel manufacturing co. in Iran Desa, Dolj, a commune in Dolj County, Romania United Nations, Department of … Wikipedia
Alstom Prima diesel locomotives — Prima An Alstom Prima locomotive in Chemins de Fer Syriens livery, Syria Power type Diesel Builder Alstom with en … Wikipedia
List of power stations in Iran — Iran is not only self sufficient in power plant construction but has also concluded a number of contracts on implementing projects in neighboring states. … Wikipedia
National Iranian Oil Refining and Distribution Company — Iran s Abadan Refinery, built 1913. National Iranian Oil Refining and Distribution Company (NIORDC) is part of the Ministry of Petroleum of Iran. NIORDC was established on March 8, 1992 and undertook to perform all operations relating to refining … Wikipedia
Evarts-Klasse — Übersicht Typ: Geleitzerstörer Name: Evarts Einheiten: 72 gebaut … Deutsch Wikipedia
Geleitzerstörer der Evarts-Klasse — Evarts Klasse Übersicht Typ: Geleitzerstörer Name: Evarts Einheiten: 72 gebaut Technische Daten … Deutsch Wikipedia
Metrobus Nationwide — Founded 1992 Locale Klang Valley … Wikipedia
Anglo-Persian Oil Company — The Anglo Persian Oil Company (APOC) was founded in 1908 following the discovery of a large oil field in Masjed Soleiman, Iran. It was the first company to extract petroleum from the Middle East. In 1935 APOC was renamed the Anglo Iranian Oil… … Wikipedia
Evarts class destroyer escort — The Evarts class destroyer escorts were 73 destroyer escorts launched in the United States in 1942 ndash;1944. They served in World War II as convoy escorts and anti submarine warfare ships.The lead ship was USS Evarts (DE 5), launched on 7… … Wikipedia
National Iranian Oil Company — شركت ملّی نفت ايران Type Government owned Industry Petroleum industry Founded 1948 … Wikipedia