- Department of Finance and Deregulation
- sustainable Government finances.
- more efficient Government operations.
- efficiently functioning Parliament.
- effective and efficient use of information and communication technology by the Australian Government.
The matters dealt with by the Department include:
- Budget policy advice and process
- Government financial accountability
- Shareholder advice on Government Business Enterprises
- Superannuation of former and current members of parliament and Australian Government employees
- Government asset sales
- Management of non-Defence Government-owned property
- Electoral matters (through the Australian Electoral Commission)
- Administration of Parliamentarians' entitlements
- Administration of the Australian Government's self-managed general insurance fund
- Government online delivery and information technology and communications management (through the Australian Government Information Management Office)
- Advice on the Australian Government Future Fund
- Management of government records (through the National Archives of Australia)
- Central advertising system
Statement of Purpose
Finance's statement of purpose is as follows:
"We provide high quality, strategic policy and financial advice to support government decision-making and improved Australian Government financial management.
We deliver professional support services to our Ministers, Parliamentarians and their staff, and the Government as a whole.
- Minister for Finance and Deregulation
- Australian federal budget
- List of Australian Commonwealth Government entities
- Financial Management and Accountability Act
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Department of Finance and Deregulation (Australia) — The Department of Finance and Deregulation is an Australian Government department. It s role is to help the Australian Government achieve its policy objectives by contributing to four key outcomes: *sustainable Government finances. *more… … Wikipedia
Minister for Finance and Deregulation (Australia) — Minister for Finance and Deregulation Incumbent Penny Wong since 14 September 2010 … Wikipedia
Department of Health and Ageing — Agency overview Formed 1921 Jurisdiction Commonwealth of Australia Headquarters Canberra Ministers responsible Nicola Roxon, Minister for Health and Ageing Warren Snowdon, Minister for Indigenous Health … Wikipedia
Department of Immigration and Citizenship — Agency overview Formed 2007 Superseding agency Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs (DIMIA) Jurisdiction Commonwealth of Australia Employees 8,000 … Wikipedia
Department of Infrastructure and Transport — Agency overview Formed 2010 Preceding agencies Department of Transport and Regional Services Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government Jurisdiction Commonwealth Government Employees 1,289 Annual budg … Wikipedia
Department of Immigration and Citizenship — Das Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) (deutsch: Ministerium für Einwanderung und Staatsbürgerschaft Australien) ist ein Ministerium des Commonwealth von Australien. Dieses nationale Ministerium ist zuständig für die Einwanderung,… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Department of Trade and Industry (Philippines) — Department of Trade and Industry Kagawaran ng Kalakalan at Industriya Department overview Formed June 23, 1898 Headquarters … Wikipedia
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (Australia) — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Agency overview Formed 24 July 1987 Preceding agencies Department of Foreign Affairs Department of Trade Jurisdiction … Wikipedia
Department of the Treasury (Australia) — Department of the Treasury Agency overview Formed 1901 Jurisdiction Australia Headquarters Canberra Ministers responsible Wayne Swan, Treasurer Bill Shorten, Assistant Treasurer Ministe … Wikipedia
Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet (Australia) — Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet Agency overview Formed 1911 Jurisdiction … Wikipedia