- Dirt (Kids in Glass Houses album)
Dirt Studio album by Kids In Glass Houses Released 29 March 2010 Recorded Mid 2009 at Sonic Ranch, Texas, United States
Long Wave, UK
Genre Alternative rock, indie rock, pop punk Length 48:21 Label Roadrunner Producer Jason Perry Romesh Dodangoda Kids In Glass Houses chronology Smart Casual
In Gold Blood
Singles from Dirt
- "Youngblood (Let It Out)"
Released: 4 October 2009
- "Matters At All"
Released: 31 January 2010
- "Undercover Lover"
Released: 14 June 2010
- "The Best Is Yet To Come"
Released: 31 October 2010
Dirt is the second studio album from Welsh rock band Kids in Glass Houses, released on March 29, 2010 through Roadrunner Records. The album was recorded during mid 2009 at Sonic Boom Ranch Studios in Texas with Jason Perry and at Long Wave Studios in Wales with Smart Casual producer Romesh Dodangoda. The lead single from the album was "Young Blood (Let It Out)" and was released on 4 October 2009. The second single from the album is "Matters At All" and was released on 31 January 2010.
The track "Hunt The Haunted" was released as a free download on 8 January 2010. The entire album was available to stream on their MySpace page for a limited time.
The album reached #15 on the UK midweek chart 2 days after its release and officially charted in its first week at #27 selling 8,400.
No. Title Writer(s) Length 1. "Artbreaker I" Kids in Glass Houses 2:30 2. "The Best Is Yet to Come" Kids in Glass Houses, Jason Perry 3:39 3. "Sunshine" Kids in Glass Houses, Jason Perry 3:43 4. "Matters at All" Kids in Glass Houses, Jason Perry 3:51 5. "Youngblood (Let it Out)" Kids in Glass Houses, Jason Perry 3:33 6. "Lilli Rose" Kids in Glass Houses 3:28 7. "Giving Up" Kids in Glass Houses 4:33 8. "For Better or Hearse" Kids in Glass Houses 3:11 9. "Undercover Lover" (featuring Frankie Sandford of The Saturdays) Kids in Glass Houses, Jason Perry 4:29 10. "Maybe Tomorrow" (featuring New Found Glory) Kids in Glass Houses 3:08 11. "the Morning Afterlife" Kids in Glass Houses 5:47 12. "Hunt the Haunted" Kids in Glass Houses 3:45 13. "Artbreaker II" Kids in Glass Houses 2:42
Professional ratings Review scores Source Rating BBC (favourable) Drowned in Sound  Kerrang!  NME  Rock Sound  This Is Fake DIY  Yahoo! Music 
The reception for this album has been mixed to positive This Is Fake DIY gave a positive review stating "Will it equal ‘Smart Casual's success in the charts? No: it will eclipse it. Believe us when we say that this lot have a potential top 10 smash on their hands, and there is a real possibility of the new album blowing a hole in the wall if enough people catch on."
BBC's Mike Diver gave another positive review by saying "Dirt is poised to take them from support slots with Lostprophets and Paramore to headline performances at the nation’s larger venues.". And praised the album and the band more by stating like many others have "But the overall progression from record one to two is impressive and "As another highlight sings: “the best is yet to come.”
NME mostly criticized the album for the guest performers, saying that "those two death-by-cringe tracks unravel (Undercover Lover and Maybe Tomorrow)" but had certain praise calling it an "impressive attempt".
- Kids in Glass Houses
- Aled Phillips – lead vocals
- Joel Fisher – rhythm guitar
- Iain Mahanty – lead guitar, backing vocals
- Andrew Shay – bass guitar
- Phil Jenkins – drums, percussion
- Additional Personnel
- Romesh Dodangoda – production on "Hunt the Haunted", engineering on "The Best Is Yet to Come", "Lilli Rose", "Giving Up", "For Better or Hearse", "Undercover Lover", "Maybe Tomorrow", "The Morning Afterlife" and "Hunt the Haunted"
- Craig Hardy – programming on all tracks
- Ted Jensen – mastering on all tracks
- John Mitchell – mixing on all tracks, piano on "The Morning Afterlife"
- Michael Morgan – engineering on all tracks except "Hunt the Haunted"
- New Found Glory – vocals on "Maybe Tomorrow"
- Jason Perry – programming, production on all tracks except "Hunt the Haunted", engineering on all tracks except "Hunt the Haunted"
- Frankie Sandford – vocals on "Undercover Lover"
- 4Strings+ – strings on "The Morning Afterlife", brass on "For Better or Hearse"
- Jake Everitt-Crockford – violin
- Alison Donnelly – violin
- Rachael Elliot – violin
- Sarah Elstone – violin
- Katherine Evans – violin
- Andy Everton – trumpet
- Lizzie French – violin
- Jennifer Grieve – cello
- James Grindle – viola
- Lizzie Harris – cello
- Jo Lihou – violin
- Barbara Lowenberg – violin
- Neil Martin – trumpet
- Azita Mehdinejad – violin
- Clara Pascall – cello
- Roz Pilgrim – viola
- Louisa Rich – violin
- Jessica Rochman – violin
- Kay Russant – violin
- Claire Sanderson – viola
- Hannah Simmons – violin
- Alex Tyson – viola
- Yonathan Van den Brink – viola
- Rachel Williams – cello
- ^ Kids in Glass Houses Launch Free MP3 Download of New Track 'Hunt the Haunted', accessed 16 Jan 2010.
- ^ Diver, Mike (2010-03-26). "The Welsh rockers introduce a pop immediacy that could propel them into the mainstream". BBC. http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/reviews/b2vh. Retrieved 2010-03-30.
- ^ Brody, Gideon (2010-04-06). "Album Review: Kids In Glass Houses - Dirt (Roadrunner)". Drowned in Sound. http://drownedinsound.com/releases/15269/reviews/4139606. Retrieved 2010-04-06.
- ^ Bryant, Tom (2010-03-20), "Kids In Glass Houses: Dirt (Roadrunner) KKKK. Welsh Quintet Deliver The Good Times on Album Number Two", Kerrang! (1304): 51
- ^ Pia, Camilla (2010-03-26). "Album Review: Kids In Glass Houses - 'Dirt' (Roadrunner)". NME. http://www.nme.com/reviews/kids-in-glass-houses--2/11173. Retrieved 2010-03-31.
- ^ Kennedy, Adam. F (2010-03-27). "Kids In Glass Houses - Dirt. Perfectly honed pop-rock". Rock Sound. http://www.rocksound.tv/reviews/article/kids-in-glass-houses-dirt. Retrieved 2010-03-31.
- ^ O’Malley, Gareth (2010-03-29). "Kids In Glass Houses - Dirt". This Is Fake DIY. http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/articles/albums/kids-in-glass-houses-dirt. Retrieved 2010-03-31.
- ^ Denney, Alex (2010-03-29). "Kids In Glass Houses - Dirt". This Is Fake DIY. http://uk.launch.yahoo.com/100406/33/222h0.html. Retrieved 2010-04-14.
- ^ CD Liner Notes
Aled Phillips · Iain Mahanty · Joel Fisher · Andrew Shay · Philip Jenkins
Earl Phillips · Aled Rees · Matt Hitt · Luke Bentley
Albums:Smart Casual · Dirt · In Gold Blood Extended Plays: Singles: Related:
- "Youngblood (Let It Out)"
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Dirt (Kids in Glass Houses album) — Dirt Album par Kids In Glass Houses Sortie 29 Mars 2010 Enregistrement Milieu 2009 Texas Sonic Ranch USA Durée 48:21 (Version normal) 57:40 (Special edition) 51:16 (Japonaise version) Genre Rock Alternat … Wikipédia en Français
Kids in glass houses — Pays d’origine Cardiff, Pays de Galles Royaume Uni Genre musical Rock Alternatif … Wikipédia en Français
Kids in Glass Houses — Chartplatzierungen Erklärung der Daten Alben Smart Casual UK … Deutsch Wikipedia
Dirt (disambiguation) — Dirt is unclean matter. Dirt may also refer to: Soil, that is found on the ground Contents 1 Music 2 TV and film 3 … Wikipedia
Dirt — Cette page d’homonymie répertorie les différents sujets et articles partageant un même nom. Dirt signifie saleté en anglais. Cinéma et télévision Dirt est un court métrage américain réalisé par Piero Heliczer en 1965. Dirt est un documentaire… … Wikipédia en Français
Smart Casual (album) — Smart Casual Album par Kids In Glass Houses Sortie 26 mai 2008 Enregistrement Octobre Décembre 2007 Long Wave Studios , Wales Durée 39:43 Genre Rock Alternatif, pop punk … Wikipédia en Français
Matters at All — Single by Kids in Glass Houses from the album Dirt Released … Wikipedia
Me Me Me (song) — Me Me Me Single by Kids In Glass Houses from the album E Pocalypse! Released 25 … Wikipedia
The Saturdays — outside the Rovers Return Inn on the set of Coronation Street. From left: Mollie King, Una Healy, Rochelle Wiseman, Frankie Sandford and Vanessa White Background information … Wikipedia
S Club 8 — Also known as S Club Juniors Origin United Kingdom Genres Pop Years active 2001–2005 Labels P … Wikipedia