- Marvel Super Hero Squad Online
Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Developer(s) The Amazing Society Publisher(s) Gazillion Entertainment Series Marvel Super Hero Squad Engine Unity3D Platform(s) Microsoft Windows
Release date(s) November 4, 2011 (Europeon Release)
April 29, 2011 (Official Beta)
Genre(s) Massively multiplayer online role-playing game Rating(s)
- ESRB: E10+
Marvel Super Hero Squad Online is a MMOG for younger audiences based on the Marvel Super Hero Squad franchise. The MMOG officially was released as a open beta on April 29, 2011 and a closed beta was released in early 2011. The first debut trailer for Marvel Super Hero Squad Online was released on June 9, 2010.
Players collect heroes to form their own Squad. They are able to choose a hero from their Squad to play in a number of games and activities. As they play, the heroes increase not only their power in combat, but unlock animated emotes for use in the social game world zones.
ProSiebenSat.1 Digital brought "cross-media promotional support" to Marvel Super Hero Squad Online, including bringing the MMOG to Europe. However the game is still not available in some parts of Europe.
Marvel Super Hero Squad Online has alternate controls, in which with one click the player can move from one place to another, or using the arrow keys or the traditional W, A, S, D keys on a keyboard. Selected characters can fly by pressing on green circles on the ground. If the character is unable to fly, that character can have a double jump or a high/long jump. Points are separated into two compartments, gold and silver. Gold points can be used to buy most heroes, while silver points allow a player to buy additional items for their Headquarters. A prize wheel, somewhat similar to prize wheel in Webkinz, serves as a way for players to more easily unlock free gold or silver and other items. Many characters from the Marvel Universe appear in Marvel Super Hero Squad Online in a traditional Super Hero Squad "super-deformed" style. Characters such as She-Hulk, and Captain America have buy-able alternate costumes, such as Red She-Hulk and "Bucky Cap". Each alternate costume has special different features and/or moves.
Missions have a beat 'em up style where players must defeat a massive amount of enemies to reach the final boss. Game World Areas are separated as zones. Zones include the Daily Bugle, Baxter Building, and Asgard with all taking a small portion of Spider-Man's, the Fantastic Four's, and Thor's home locations. Additionally, Villainville has been made available for players to visit, as a zone.
A collectible card game was made available to play in early August 2011. An arcade has been developed where players can play as Deadpool, She-Hulk, Black Panther, Daredevil, Captain America, or Thor in selected mini-games. Two characters such as Deadpool and She-Hulk are featured in each mini-game. A challenge system was released that allows players to complete several challenges such as greeting other players, buying new heroes, beating missions or card game quests. Each challenge completed awards the player tickets, silver coins, gold coins and new heroes. The game was released in Europe on November 4th 2011.
Playable Characters Non-Playable Characters
^a Only available to monthly subscribers
^b Only available through the game's challenge system
^c Only available with special code, featured with Marvel Super Hero Squad toys or from an event (such as SDCCI) as of November 9, 2011
^d Character was made available to be won as part of a contest
^e Only featured in the game's collectible card game feature as of November 9, 2011
It is a free-to-play game that supports both microtransactions of its in-game currency and a monthly subscription.
A subscriber receives 500 Gold each month plus has the ability to earn more gold each day by using the Prize Wheel in the game for the tickets earned during play. The player has the option to purchase exclusive superheroes such as Iron Man, War Machine, Black Widow, and Nick Fury.
Technologies Used In Development
The game was developed using the Unity3D engine, so that it will be playable in any internet browser on both Microsoft Windows and Apple OS computers.
- ^ a b "Marvel Super Hero Squad Online on Gamespot". http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/marvel-super-hero-squad-online/index.html?tag=result%3Btitle%3B0.
- ^ Super Hero Squad Online fires up closed beta
- ^ "Gazillion Announces Marvel Super Hero Squad Online, and it's first trailer's release date". http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/84367.
- ^ a b Marvel and Gazillion Launch Super Hero Squad Online
- ^ "Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Unveiled". http://www.shacknews.com/article/63788/marvel-super-hero-squad-online.
- ^ Kris Graft. "Gazillion Signs Euro Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Deal". GamaSutra.com. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/35715/Gazillion_Signs_Euro_Marvel_Super_Hero_Squad_Online_Deal.php. Retrieved July 14, 2011.
- ^ Jef Reahard. "Gazillion signs European Marvel Super Hero Squad Online deal". Massively by Joystiq. http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/07/07/gazillion-signs-european-marvel-super-hero-squad-online-deal/. Retrieved July 14, 2011.
- ^ Super Hero Squad Online: Meet Red She-Hulk
- ^ Super Hero Squad Online: Meet Bucky Cap
- ^ "Asgard Expansion Pack". http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32329}.
- ^ Super Hero Squad Online teasing Villainville
- ^ Marvel Super Hero Squad Expands into Villianville Where Players Can Be Dark Heroes
- ^ Watch the Super Hero Squad Online Card Game Trailer
- ^ 'Spider-Man: Edge of Time' And 'Super Hero Squad Online' Get The Ultimate Costume Of Miles Morales
- ^ Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Added to Super Hero Squad Online
- ^ Win an Ultimate Comics Spider-Man character in Super Hero Squad Online
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Marvel Super Hero Squad — This article is about the action figure line. For the animated television show, see The Super Hero Squad Show. For the video game, see Marvel Super Hero Squad (video game). Marvel Super Hero Squad 2 Action Figure Toy Line Hasbro: 2007 Marvel… … Wikipedia
Marvel Universe (video game) — Marvel Universe Marvel Universe Key Art Developer(s) Gazillion Entertainment Designer(s) … Wikipedia
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 — Developer(s) … Wikipedia
Marvel One Shots — Directed by Leythum Produced by Kevin Feige Mick Ebeling Screenplay by Eric Pearson … Wikipedia
Thor (Marvel Comics) — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Thor (homonymie). Thor Personnage de fiction apparaissant dans Thor … Wikipédia en Français
Ms. Marvel — For the other Marvel Comics characters bearing the same codename, see Sharon Ventura and Moonstone (comics). Ms. Marvel Ms. Marvel features on the cover of Ms. Marvel vol. 2 #1 (March 2006). Art by Frank Cho … Wikipedia
Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell) — Captain Marvel Captain Marvel (vol. 1) #29 (Nov. 1973). Art by Jim Starlin. Publication information Publisher … Wikipedia
Daredevil (Marvel Comics) — Daredevil Promotional art for Daredevil vol. 2, #65 (Sept. 2004), by Greg Land … Wikipedia
Valkyrie (Marvel Comics) — Valkyrie is a fictional character and Marvel Comics superhero. An Asgardian demi goddess by birth, her real name is Brunnhilde. Among her other aliases are Barbara Denton Norriss, Samantha Parrington, and Sian Bowen who all were host bodies to… … Wikipedia
Капитан Марвел (Marvel Comics) — У этого термина существуют и другие значения, см. Капитан Марвел. Капитан Марвел Обложка Captain Marvel (vol. 1) #29 (ноябрь 1973) (Художник Джим Старлин) … Википедия