- Rizzoli & Isles
Rizzoli & Isles Genre Crime Drama
Created by Tess Gerritsen Developed by Janet Tamaro Starring Angie Harmon
Lee Thompson Young
Opening theme "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" by Dropkick Murphys Country of origin United States Language(s) English No. of seasons 2 No. of episodes 20 (List of episodes) Production Executive producer(s) Bill Haber
Michael M. Robin
Running time 45–55 minutes Production company(s) Hurdler Productions
Warner Horizon Television
Broadcast Original channel TNT Original run July 12, 2010– present External links Website
Rizzoli & Isles is a TNT television series starring Angie Harmon as police detective Jane Rizzoli and Sasha Alexander as medical examiner Dr. Maura Isles. The one-hour drama is based on the Rizzoli & Isles series of novels by Tess Gerritsen. It premiered on July 12, 2010.
The series was renewed for a 13-episode second season on July 30, 2010, after having aired three episodes, which premiered on July 11, 2011. On August 5, 2011, TNT ordered a 15-episode third season of the series, set to premiere in the summer of 2012.
The series' backstory is inspired by The Surgeon. Boston detective Jane Rizzoli (Angie Harmon) was investigating a serial killer named Charles Hoyt (Michael Massee) some time before the series began. Hoyt, who was banned from medical school for fondling a corpse, used his vast medical knowledge to systematically torture and kill vulnerable women. Eventually, he captures Rizzoli and pins her to the floor with scalpels. As he prepares to cut Rizzoli's throat, her partner, Vince Korsak (Bruce McGill), shoots Hoyt and saves Rizzoli's life. Rizzoli reasons that, after seeing her so vulnerable, Korsak would never trust her as a partner.
The series pilot, "See One. Do One. Teach One", is largely based on the novel The Apprentice. Rizzoli and medical examiner Maura Isles (Sasha Alexander) investigate a killer with Hoyt's modus operandi, plus an interest in necrophilia. Rizzoli and Isles discover that the copycat was a soldier named John Stark (Brendan McCarthy) who met Hoyt in medical school, had his identity erased for CIA black operations, and mimicked Hoyt's MO in a killing spree during said operations. Meanwhile, Hoyt escapes from prison and rejoins his apprentice. They capture Rizzoli and attempt to kill her, but she manages to disarm them by tasing them and impaling Hoyt in the eye with a flare. She shoots the apprentice to death and, when Hoyt reaches for Rizzoli's gun, she shoots him through the hands, giving him injuries similar to the ones he gave her.
Hoyt returns eighteen months later through another apprentice, Lola (Scottie Thompson), in "I'm Your Boogie Man." Having murdered Lola's abusive husband two years earlier, Hoyt uses her Stockholm syndrome to his advantage, and uses her to stalk Rizzoli. Lola seduces and captures Frankie Rizzoli (Jordan Bridges) before tying Jane up. She plans to kidnap Jane until Hoyt can escape from prison, but Rizzoli manages to distract Lola long enough for Frankie to kill Lola with her own revolver.
The untitled project was on TNT's development slate as early as March 2008. In October 2009, TNT placed a cast-contingent pilot order under the original title, Rizzoli. The pilot script was written by Janet Tamaro.
Main casting announcements began in late October. Angie Harmon was the first actor cast, in the title role of police detective Jane Rizzoli. Sasha Alexander came on board next to portray medical examiner Dr. Maura Isles. Bruce McGill signed as Rizzoli's former partner, Vince Korsak. Her current partner, Barry Frost, is portrayed by Lee Thompson Young. The role of Rizzoli's younger brother, Frankie, was filled by Jordan Bridges. In mid-November, Lorraine Bracco signed on as Rizzoli's mom, Angela. In early 2010 Billy Burke was announced as FBI agent Gabriel Dean.
In late January, TNT green-lighted the pilot to series with the new title Rizzoli & Isles. Ten episodes were ordered. Reports in April stated that the show would premiere on July 12, 2010, and this was confirmed by TNT at its 2010 cable upfront presentation in mid-May. The series is produced in the Los Angeles area, with filming expected to take five months.
Due to a sponsorship deal between MillerCoors and Turner Broadcasting for the summer 2010 season, the series included product placement for MGD 64, including billboards in the backgrounds of some scenes. The first season was additionally sponsored by Vonage.
Name Portrayed by Occupation Seasons 1 2 Jane Rizzoli Angie Harmon Boston Homicide Detective Main Dr. Maura Isles Sasha Alexander Massachusetts Chief Medical Examiner Main Barry Frost Lee Thompson Young Boston Homicide Detective Main Vince Korsak Bruce McGill Boston Homicide Sergeant Main Frankie Rizzoli, Jr. Jordan Bridges Boston Police Officer Main Angela Rizzoli Lorraine Bracco Waitress, Boston Police Cafe Main Frankie Rizzoli, Sr. Chazz Palminteri Businessman, Plumber Recurring "Dr." Charles Hoyt Michael Massee Medical Student (Expelled), Soldier (Discharged) Recurring Gabriel Dean Billy Burke FBI Agent Recurring  Tommy Rizzoli Colin Egglesfield Recurring Constance Isles Jacqueline Bisset Recurring
- Jane Rizzoli is a Boston detective who was traumatized by Charles Hoyt. She has scars in the center of her hands where Hoyt stabbed her with scalpels. As a child, she was slightly chubby, earning her the nickname "Rollie Pollie Rizzoli". She adopted a dog named Joe Friday whom Korsak rescued during the pilot episode. She also played field hockey in junior college, and was an attacker.
- Dr. Maura Isles is a medical examiner and forensic expert. She is Rizzoli's best friend. She is socially awkward and has trouble with men due to her brutal honesty and habit of revealing all their medical conditions. She has a pet tortoise named Bass and is an adopted only child of a wealthy family. In high school, she was nicknamed "Maura-The-Bore-A". Her coworkers call her "The Queen of the Dead". It is later revealed that her biological father is an Irish hitman named Patty Doyle, something she finds out while investigating her half-brother's death.
- Angela Rizzoli is Jane, Frankie and Tommy's mother. In the first season, she is a housewife who later works a part-time job selling "Miracle Juice". She and Frank are getting a divorce.
- Vince Korsak was Rizzoli's original partner. It is revealed in the series pilot that he saved her life from Hoyt. He will drop whatever he is doing on a moment's notice to rescue a small animal, and enjoys watching videos of dogs on the internet.
- Barry Frost is Rizzoli's second partner who gets ill when around dead bodies. Frost is an expert when it comes to computers. He is very protective of Rizzoli.
- Frankie Rizzoli, Jr. is Jane and Tommy's brother. He is a police officer against his mother's wishes, and sees his sister as a role model.
- Constance Isles is the adoptive mother of Dr. Maura Isles.
- Tommy Rizzoli is the brother of Jane and Frankie, arrested for running a priest over at a cross walk on his third DUI violation. He returns to the family fold following his release from prison.
- Gabriel Dean is an FBI agent often seen working with the Boston Homicide detectives and Medical Examiner's Office.
- Frank Rizzoli, Sr. is Jane, Frankie and Tommy's father. He owns and runs a plumbing business called "Rizzoli and Sons". He and Angela are getting a divorce.
- Charles Hoyt is a serial killer that stabbed Jane in both hands and, even though he is behind bars, is still a threat in Jane's life. Jane killed him in the episode "Remember Me."
The series started strong in the ratings, as 7.55 million viewers tuned in for the premiere episode. Rizzoli & Isles was the second most-watched cable program on the evening of July 12, 2010, behind its lead-in, The Closer, which had 110,000 more viewers. The show finished the week in third behind The Closer and the final episode of Deadliest Catch to feature the late Phil Harris.
The premiere set a record as the highest-rated debut for a commercial-supported cable series, and it was the second-highest debut ever for a basic cable TV series. Rizzoli & Isles is second only to the 2008 premiere of Raising the Bar, which attracted 7.7 million viewers during its commercial-free debut. Live + 7 day ratings for the premiere updated the show's status as the all time most watched cable series launch, with DVR viewers increasing the show's rating to just over 9 million viewers.
Season Season Premiere Season Finale Date Viewers
1 July 12, 2010 7.55 2.1 September 13, 2010 6.56 1.5 2 July 11, 2011 6.38 1.2 N/A N/A N/A
Title Year Notes Protagonist Secondary Protagonist Tertiary Protagonist The Surgeon 2001 Introduces Jane Rizzoli Detective Thomas Moore Detective Jane Rizzoli Detective Darren Crowe The Apprentice 2002 Introduces Dr. Maura Isles Detective Jane Rizzoli Detective Vince Korsak Agent Gabriel Dean The Sinner 2003 Dr. Maura Isles Detective Jane Rizzoli Detective Darren Crowe Body Double 2004 Dr. Maura Isles Detective Jane Rizzoli Detective Barry Frost Vanish 2005 Detective Jane Rizzoli Dr. Maura Isles Agent Gabriel Dean The Mephisto Club 2006 Dr. Maura Isles Detective Jane Rizzoli Detective Barry Frost The Keepsake 2008 Keeping the Dead (UK Title) Detective Jane Rizzoli Dr. Maura Isles Detective Barry Frost Ice Cold 2010 The Killing Place (UK Title) Detective Jane Rizzoli Dr. Maura Isles Detective Barry Frost The Silent Girl 2011 Dr. Maura Isles Detective Jane Rizzoli Detective Barry Frost
Season Region 1 Release Date No. Discs Features Main Cast The Complete First Season June 28, 2011 3 All 10 episodes from the First Season
Rizzoli & Isles: Bringing the Characters to Life
Rizzoli & Isles: Chicks in a Bottle
Lee Thompson Young
with Bruce McGill
and Lorraine Bracco
Rizzoli & Isles overseas  Country Network Premiere date Canada Super Channel October 5, 2010 Sweden Kanal 9 November 11, 2010 Norway TVNorge November 11, 2010 Hungary Viasat 3 November 24, 2010 Australia GEM November 29, 2010 France TPS Star January 10, 2011 South Africa Series September 2011 Singapore Warner TV February 1, 2011 Netherlands NET 5 January 1, 2011 Argentina Space April 4, 2011 Italy Mya February 11, 2011 Israel HOT Zone November 19, 2011 Turkey CNBC-e February 15, 2011 Belgium VIJFtv February 21, 2011 Belgium RTBF 2011 Poland TVN March 6, 2011 Saudi Arabia MBC 4 January 2011 Spain Nova June 17, 2011 Croatia Doma TV February 22, 2011 India ZeeCafe TV October 1, 2011 United Kingdom Alibi September 13, 2011 Mexico Space April 6, 2011 Portugal Fox Life June 29, 2011 Japan WOWOW October 3, 2011
- ^ "New Digs and Big Career Decisions on Tap as TNT's The Closer Returns for Sixth Season Monday, July 12". The Futon Critic. June 9, 2010. http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2010/06/09/new-digs-and-big-career-decisions-on-tap-as-tnts-the-closer-returns-for-sixth-season-monday-july-12/20100609tnt01/. Retrieved June 20, 2010.
- ^ "TNT Orders New Seasons of Three Hit Series: The Closer, Rizzoli & Isles and Leverage" (Press release). Turner Broadcasting System. July 30, 2010. http://turner.tekgroup.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=5275. Retrieved July 30, 2010.
- ^ "TNT Renews Rizzoli & Isles for a 15 Episode 3rd Season" (Press release). TV by the Numbers. August 5, 2011. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/08/05/tnt-renews-rizzoli-isles-for-a-15-episode-3rd-season/99751/. Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- ^ "TNT Plans Dramatic Increase in Original Programming, Setting the Stage for a Major Primetime Shift". The Futon Critic. March 3, 2008. http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2008/03/03/tnt-plans-dramatic-increase-in-original-programming-setting-the-stage-for-a-major-primetime-shift/20080303tnt01/. Retrieved June 20, 2010.
- ^ "Development Update: Wednesday, October 7". The Futon Critic. October 7, 2009. http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2009/10/07/development-update-wednesday-october-7/8325/. Retrieved June 20, 2010.
- ^ Andreeva, Nellie (October 6, 2009). "TNT orders 'Rizzoli' pilot". The Hollywood Reporter. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i77c099eee89951ef856e95cb25f3e4e2. Retrieved June 21, 2010. [dead link]
- ^ Andreeva, Nellie (October 22, 2009). "Angie Harmon set to star in TNT's 'Rizzoli'". The Hollywood Reporter. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3if3a533371c11b1484ef200e077db79c8. Retrieved June 21, 2010. [dead link]
- ^ Porter, Rick (October 30, 2009). "FOX renews 'American Dad,' TNT's 'Rizzoli' gets a partner". Zap2it. http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2009/10/fox-renews-american-dad-tnts-rizzoli-gets-a-partner.html. Retrieved June 20, 2010.
- ^ a b c "Development Update: Friday, October 30". The Futon Critic. October 30, 2009. http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2009/10/30/development-update-friday-october-30/8364/. Retrieved June 20, 2010.
- ^ Andreeva, Nellie (November 16, 2009). "Lorraine Bracco joins 'Rizzoli' pilot". The Hollywood Reporter. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i6b92ac9c285d0176e035b18a4d5239bf. Retrieved June 21, 2010. [dead link]
- ^ a b c "TNT Aggressively Expands Original Programming Slate by Greenlighting Three New Original Series" (Press release). Turner Broadcasting System. January 21, 2010. http://turner.tekgroup.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=4931. Retrieved June 20, 2010.
- ^ Young, John (January 21, 2010). "TNT picks up three new series, including Spielberg's alien-invasion show". Entertainment Weekly. http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010/01/21/tnt-spielberg/. Retrieved June 20, 2010.
- ^ Adalian, Josef (April 22, 2010). "Exclusive: TNT Sets Bows for 'Closer,' 'Rizzoli'". The Wrap. http://www.thewrap.com/television/column-post/exclusive-tnt-sets-bows-closer-rizzoli-16549. Retrieved June 21, 2010.
- ^ Reynolds, Mike (May 19, 2010). "2010 Cable Upfronts: TNT Leverages Sundays For Originals". Multichannel News. NewBay Media. http://www.multichannel.com/article/452878-2010_Cable_Upfronts_TNT_Leverages_Sundays_For_Originals.php. Retrieved June 21, 2010.
- ^ Kung, Michelle (May 19, 2010). "TV Upfronts 2010: Angie Harmon Discusses New Series ‘Rizzoli and Isles’". The Wall Street Journal. http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/05/19/tv-upfronts-2010-angie-harmon-discusses-new-series-rizzoli-and-isles/. Retrieved June 22, 2010.
- ^ "On Location: stay-at-home productions get city's gratitude". Los Angeles Times. April 28, 2010. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2010/04/on-location-stayathome-productions-get-citys-gratitude.html. Retrieved June 22, 2010.
- ^ Lafayette, Jon (June 10, 2010). "It's Miller Time For Turner Series". Broadcasting & Cable. http://www.multichannel.com/article/453628-It_s_Miller_Time_For_Turner_Series.php.
- ^ Crupi, Anthony (June 10, 2010). "Turner, MillerCoors Brew Up Integrations". Mediaweek. http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/content_display/news/cable-tv/e3ib75f76acc2901e26c1cf3c41b761431d. Retrieved June 22, 2010.
- ^ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/rizzoli-isles-jacqueline-bisset-billy-233064
- ^ "Monday Cable Ratings: Home Run Derby Goes Yard; Pawn Stars, Closer, WWE RAW, Secret Life & Much More". TVbytheNumbers. July 13, 2010. http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/13/monday-cable-ratings-home-run-derby-goes-yard-pawn-stars-closer-wwe-raw-secret-life-much-more/57037. Retrieved July 15, 2010.
- ^ Umstead, R. Thomas (July 20, 2010). "USA Regains Ratings Crown". Multichannel News. http://www.multichannel.com/article/455017-USA_Regains_Ratings_Crown.php. Retrieved July 20, 2010.
- ^ "TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles Sets Record with Cable’s Biggest Ad-Supported Premiere after Outstanding Season Debut of The Closer" (Press release). Turner Broadcasting System. July 13, 2010. http://news.turner.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=5254. Retrieved July 23, 2010.
- ^ a b Elingburg, Nolan (July 13, 2010). "Rizzoli & Isles Premiere Draws Big Audience". TV Guide. http://www.tvguide.com/News/Rizzoli-Isles-Premiere-1020543.aspx?rss=news&partnerid=spi&profileid=05. Retrieved July 23, 2010.
- ^ O'Connell, Mikey (July 13, 2010). "'Rizzoli & Isles' pulls in 7.6 million for first episode". Zap2it. http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/07/rizzoli-isles-pulls-in-76-million-for-first-episode.html. Retrieved July 23, 2010.
- ^ Ho, Rodney (July 13, 2010). "‘Rizzoli & Isles’ has biggest ad-supported cable launch of all time". The Atlanta Journal Constitution. http://blogs.ajc.com/radio-tv-talk/2010/07/13/rizolli-isles-breaks-record-for-biggest-ad-supported-cable-launch-of-all-time/. Retrieved July 23, 2010.
- ^ Seidman, Robert (August 3, 2010). "Rizzoli & Isles Premiere Goes Over 9 Million Viewers With Week of DVR Viewing; Ratings Notes for TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and truTV". TVbytheNumbers. http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/08/03/rizzoli-ratings-notes-for-tbs-tnt-cartoon-network-adult-swim-and-trutv/58983. Retrieved August 3, 2010.
- ^ a b Gorman, Bill (July 13, 2010). "TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles Sets Record with Cable’s Biggest Ad-Supported Premiere, Draws 7.6 Million Viewers". TV By the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/13/tnt%e2%80%99s-rizzoli-isles-sets-record-with-cable%e2%80%99s-biggest-ad-supported-premiere-draws-7-6-million-viewers/56989. Retrieved July 13, 2010.
- ^ a b Gorman, Bill (September 14, 2010). "TNT’s The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles Close Out Summer With More Big Numbers". TV By the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/09/14/tnt%E2%80%99s-the-closer-and-rizzoli-isles-close-out-record-setting-summer-as-ad-supported-cable%E2%80%99s-top-two-series/63239. Retrieved September 14, 2010.
- ^ a b Seidman, Robert (July 12, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: "All-Star" Softball Edges Out 'Pawn Stars,' 'Home Run Derby' + 'Closer,' 'Rizzoli,' 'Alphas,' 'Eureka' & More". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/07/12/monday-cable-ratings-all-star-softball-edges-out-pawn-stars-home-run-derby-closer-rizzoli-alphas-eureka-more/97860/. Retrieved July 12, 2011.
- ^ Gerritsen, Tess (November 2010). "Tess Gerritsen FAQ". TessGerritsen.com. http://www.tessgerritsen.com/faq/. Retrieved March 22, 2011.
- ^ Wilford, Denette (August 30, 2010). "'Rizzoli & Isles' debuts". TVGuide.ca. http://tvguide.ca/Special_Features/Fall_Preview_2010/Articles/100830_Rizzoli_Isles_DW. Retrieved October 3, 2010.
- ^ "Net5 - Rizzoli & Isles - Afleveringen - Seizoen 1". http://www.net5.nl/web/show/id=1413284/langid=43. Retrieved March 6, 2011.
- ^ "Rizzoli & Isles Set for UKTV's Alibi". Worldscreen.com. 2011-05-20. http://www.worldscreen.com/articles/display/29919. Retrieved 2011-05-21. Subscription required.
- ^ "Intriga policiaca con Rizzoli & Isles" (in Spanish). informador.com.mx. 5 April 2011. http://www.informador.com.mx/entretenimiento/2011/282908/6/intriga-policiaca-con-rizzoli-amp-isles.htm. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
TNT programming 1981–1990 1991–2000 2001–2010 Current UpcomingABC (current) · AMC · CBS (current) · CW · E! · Fox · FX · HBO · OWN · NBC (current) · Showtime · Starz · TBS · TNT · USA
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Список телесериалов по наименованию — Содержание 1 Русскоязычные 2 На других языках 3 0 9 4 Латиница … Википедия
Список телесериалов/Р — Работяга (телесериал) (Hatarakiman), Япония, 2007 Рабыня Изаура (телесериал, 1976) (Escrava Isaura), Бразилия, 1976 1977 Рабыня Изаура (телесериал, 2004) (A Escrava Isaura), Бразилия, с 2004 Ради любви Глории (Por amor a Gloria), Колумбия … Википедия
Пайл, Мисси — В Википедии есть статьи о других людях с такой фамилией, см. Пайл. Мисси Пайл Missi Pyle … Википедия
Law & Order: UK — Seriendaten Deutscher Titel Law Order: UK … Deutsch Wikipedia