- Miles Jones (musician)
Miles Jones Birth name Miles Gillespie Jones Born March 24, 1983 Origin Toronto, Ontario, Canada Genres Hip hop/Soul Occupations rapper, singer/songwriter, producer Years active 2000 - Present Labels Mojo Records & Publishing Website www.runawayjones.com
Miles Jones (born 1983) is a Canadian hip hop/soul musician. Miles founded Mojo Records and Publishing in 2004 to provide an outlet for artists, producers and Dj's to produce and publish audio works. Miles career began with an solo album he released in 2006 release which was his University thesis project titled One Chance.
Bass runs through Jones’ veins. His grandfather helped pioneer the reggae movement at Studio One in Jamaica, while his father Deadly Hedley Jones Jr. was an influential DJ on the early Toronto club scene.
Jones’ debut album One Chance also served as his thesis at McMaster University. The disc helped garner Jones the 2007 Ontario Independent Music Award for Hip Hop Artist of the Year. Miles has also been recognised for his songwriting talents. He helped contribute 11 songs to Sony BMG’s music catalogue as part of the Canadian Idol songwriters conference.
Jones' "With U" was nominated for the 7th Annual Independent Music Awards for Rap/Hip-Hop Song of the year.
In 2009 Miles formed a new band and raised funding to record His highly anticipated album "Runaway Jones" which reached #3 on iTunes Canada Hip Hop in its opening week. He also placed his song 'Coast to Coast' on the hit TV show CSI (Las Vegas) and the same song was chosen by CTV to play during coverage of the 2010 Olympics.
- General Consensus Volumes 1 - 3
- 2005: Mike Ford - Canada Needs You (Production)
- 2006: One Chance
- 2007: DJ Wristpect - Bridging the Gap Volume 2 Toronto to Chicago
- 2009: Never Too Late (Single)
- 2009: Runaway Jones (Canada)- (URBNET/Fontana/Universal)
- 2010: Never Wrong (Single) (US) - (MB3/Caroline)
- 2011: Time Machine (Single) (US) - (MB3/Caroline)
- 2011: Runaway Jones (US) - (MB3/Caroline)
- Never Wrong (Remix) - 2011 - Director: Aaron Alleyne
- Rhyme Like This feat. Percee P - 2010 - Director: Isaac Cravit
- Trust Me feat. RaSoul - 2010 - Director: Michael Kane
- 2007 Ontario Independent Music Awards Hip Hop Artist of the Year
- Winner of 9th Annual Independent Music Awards (IMA): Rap/Hip-Hop song "Coast to Coast".
- Nominated for 2009 Indie Awards: Favourite Hip Hop Artist
- Winner of the 2010 Billboard World Song Contest : Rap/Hip-Hop song "Coast to Coast".
- Winner of The 10th Annual Independent Music Awards in the Rap/Hip-Hop Song category for "Time Machine".
- "Coast To Coast" - CTV Olympic Broadcast - 2010
- "Coast To Coast" - CSI: Las Vegas - Season 10
- "Baby Boy" - Degrassi
- "Again" - The Best Years 2
- "The Boom Boom" - Degrassi
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Miles Jones — This article is about the footballer. For the musician, see Miles Jones (musician). Miles Jones Personal information Date of birth 17 December 1987 (1987 12 17) (age 23) … Wikipedia
John Paul Jones (musician) — Infobox musical artist Name = John Paul Jones Img capt = Jones playing mandolin in 2007 Img size = 250 Landscape = Yes Background = non vocal instrumentalist Birth name = John Baldwin Alias = John Paul Jones Born = birth date and… … Wikipedia
Miles & Quincy Live at Montreux — Miles Davis, Quincy Jones – Miles Quincy Live at Montreux Veröffentlichung 1993 Aufnahme 8. Juli 1991 Label Warner Bros. Records Format(e) CD, LP Genre(s) Jazz Anz … Deutsch Wikipedia
Miles Davis — Photo of Davis in 1955 taken by Tom Palumbo Background information Birth name Miles Dewey Davis III … Wikipedia
Miles: The New Miles Davis Quintet — Miles Studio album by Miles Davis Released April 1956 Recorded November 16 … Wikipedia
Miles Kington — Miles Beresford Kington (13 May 1941 – 30 January 2008) was a British journalist, musician (a double bass player for Instant Sunshine and other groups) and broadcaster. Contents 1 Early life 2 Career 3 Bibliography … Wikipedia
Miles Davis discography — Miles Davis discography Miles Davis, photo taken by Tom Palumbo in New York City Releases ↙Studio albums … Wikipedia
Miles Davis Quintet at Peacock Alley — Miles Davis at Peacock Alley Live album by Miles Davis Released 2006 … Wikipedia
Miles & Coltrane — Live album by Miles Davis Released 1958 … Wikipedia
Jones, Philly Joe — ▪ American musician byname of Joseph Rudolph Jones born July 15, 1923, Philadelphia, Pa., U.S. died Aug. 30, 1985, Philadelphia black American jazz musician, one of the major percussionists of the bop era, and among the most recorded as well … Universalium