- Millennium Park (Grand Rapids)
The beach at Millennium Park
Type Public park Location Grand Rapids, Michigan Area 1,500-acre (6.1 km2)
Millennium Park is the largest urban park in West Michigan, located on the southwest side of Grand Rapids. Millennium Park connects four of the major cities in the area together, including Grand Rapids, Wyoming, Grandville, and Walker. When completed, the park will be twice as large as New York City's Central Park, at approximately 1,500 acres (6 km²).
The project began in 1998 when the Parks Department director Roger Sabine began planning for an expansion of Johnson Park. Sabine expanded the Johnson Park expansion into the 1,500 acre (6 km²) park project. The project was finally submitted to the Secchia Millennium Commission (SMC) later that year and later approved the project by which the Kent County Board of Commissioners named the park Millennium Park. The park celebrated its grand opening in July 2004.
In July 2010, more than 120 visitors contracted norovirus. An epidemiologist stated that there were "reports of stomach illness, including nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, from people who were swimming [at the park]." Tests by the Kent County Health Department confirmed that norovirus was the causative agent.
- ^ "Kent County Millennium Park". County of Kent. http://www.accesskent.com/CultureLeisureAndTransit/MillenniumPark/. Retrieved 3 February 2011.
- ^ "Millennium Park Officially Dedicated". Green Places. Kent County Parks Department. Fall 2004. http://www.kentcountyparksfoundation.org/pdfs/Green_Places_Fall_2004.pdf. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- ^ "Millenium Park, Kent County, Michigan". http://www.ocba.com/millennium%20park.pdf. Retrieved 2 February 2011.
- ^ Wood, Deborah Johnson (July 1, 2010). "Hansen Nature Trail opens in Grand Rapids' Millennium Park". Rapid Growth Media. http://www.rapidgrowthmedia.com/devnews/hansen0701.aspx. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- ^ "Boat house plan for Millennium Park approved". The Grand Rapids Press. August 4, 2010. http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/08/boat_house_plan_for_millennium.html. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- ^ a b Veselenak, David (June 25, 2010). "Grandville family celebrates new Millennium Park trail". The Grand Rapids Press. http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/06/grandville_family_celebrates_n.html. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- ^ LaPlante, Lisa (July 22, 2010). "More than 120 Complaints of Norovirus from Millennium Park". FOX 17. http://www.fox17online.com/news/landing/fox17-norovirus-millenium-park,0,6647235.story. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- ^ Stembol, Megan (21 Jul 2010). "50+ more ill after Millennium Park swim". WOOD TV8. http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/kent_county/50-more-ill-after-Millennium-Park-swim. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Millennium Park, Grand Rapids, Michigan — Millennium Park is the largest urban park in West Michigan, located on the southwest side of Grand Rapids. Millennium Park connects four of the major cities in the area together, including Grand Rapids, Wyoming, Grandville, and Walker. It is… … Wikipedia
Millennium Park (disambiguation) — Millennium Park is a park in Chicago, Illinois. Millennium Park may also refer to: Millennium Park (Calgary), Canada Millennium Park (Kolkata), India Millennium Park (Abuja), Nigeria Millennium Park (Grand Rapids), a park in Grand Rapids,… … Wikipedia
Urban park — Central Park, the most visited urban park in the United States, is surrounded by the skyscrapers of New York City … Wikipedia
Colton Point State Park — Coordinates: 41°41′59″N 77°27′53″W / 41.69972°N 77.46472°W / 41.69972; 77.46472 … Wikipedia
Leonard Harrison State Park — Geobox Protected Area name = Leonard Harrison State Park native name = other name = other name1 = category local = Pennsylvania State Park category iucn = III image size = 300 image caption = View north of Pine Creek Gorge, Pine Creek, and the… … Wikipedia
Action Park — was a waterpark/motor themed park open from 1978 to 1996 in Vernon Township, New Jersey, on the property of the former Vernon Valley / Great Gorge ski area, today Mountain Creek. It featured three separate attraction areas: an alpine slide;… … Wikipedia
New Center, Detroit — Grand Boulevard looking west through New Center. The National Historic Landmarks Cadillac Place (left) and the Fisher Building in the background, with the St. Regis Hotel on the right. The New Center is a significant commercial and residential… … Wikipedia
List of high schools in Michigan — This is a list of high schools in the state of Michigan. =Alcona County= * [https://www.edline.net/pages/Alcona CS/ Alcona Community Schools] , Lincoln * Greenbush Christian Academy (K 11), Greenbush =Alger County= *… … Wikipedia
Chicago — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Chicago (homonymie). 41° 52′ 57″ N 87° 37′ 51″ W … Wikipédia en Français
religion — religionless, adj. /ri lij euhn/, n. 1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and… … Universalium