- Morton Klein
In 1993, while serving as the organization’s Philadelphia chapter president, he was elected national president.
The ZOA web site quotes the following from Klein's Encyclopaedia Judaica entry: "Klein revived a moribund Zionist Organization of America (ZOA) in the 1990s and made it one of the most out-spoken organizations on the American Jewish scene." 
He is a child of Holocaust survivors, born in a displaced persons camp in Gunzberg, Germany. He is an economist who served in the Nixon, Ford, and Carter Administrations. He has served as a biostatistician at UCLA School of Public Health and the Linus Pauling Institute of Science and Medicine in Palo Alto, Calif. He has been a lecturer in mathematics and statistics at Temple University.
His father was a Satmar chasid, an Orthodox Rabbi with semicha (religious ordination) from Rabbi Teitelbaum. Mr. Klein said in a Jewish Press interview  regarding his father that "In Europe he had a long beard and black hat and was a rosh yeshiva in his early 20s. But he disagreed with the Satmars on Israel. My father loved Israel, so obviously this was transmitted to me."
Klein also suffers from Tourette syndrome.
- ^ http://www.zoa.org/sitedocuments/news_view.asp?newsID=834, which states in a footnote that "Its past presidents have included Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis."
- ^ Popper, Nathaniel (2006-04-14). "ZOA Pressed by Former Officials Over Guard’s Pay – The Jewish Daily Forward". Forward.com. http://www.forward.com/articles/1227. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- ^ "4819-ZOA Report FL08.p5" (PDF). http://www.zoa.org/media/user/documents/Publ/ZOAReportFall2008.pdf. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- ^ he said in an interview here  "We're not right wing. Everybody else is just very far left."
- ^ example: speech described here
- ^ "National President Morton A. Klein". ZOA.org. 2010-12-14. http://www.zoa.org/content/klein.asp. Retrieved 2010-12-14.
- ^ "Morton Klein: Bibi Sent Wrong Message,Elliot Resnick, Jewish Press Staff Reporter". Jewishpress.com. 2009-06-24. http://www.jewishpress.com/pageroute.do/39823. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- ^ June 26, '09, p. 10
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
KLEIN, MORTON — (1947– ), president of zionist organization of America. Klein revived a moribund Zionist Organization of America (ZOA) in the 1990s and made it one of the most outspoken – and often controversial – organizations on the American Jewish scene.… … Encyclopedia of Judaism
Felix Klein — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Klein. Felix Klein … Wikipédia en Français
Ernst Klein (Journalist) — Ernst Klein (* 15. April 1876 in Wien; † Herbst 1951 in New York City) war ein österreichischer Journalist und Schriftsteller. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 Leben 2 Werke 3 Anmerkungen 4 … Deutsch Wikipedia
Ralph Klein — Mandats 12e Premier ministre de l Alberta 14 déc … Wikipédia en Français
Ralph Phillip Klein — Ralph Klein Ralph Klein Ralph Phillip Klein 12e premier minis … Wikipédia en Français
Ted Morton — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Morton. Frederick Lee (Ted) Morton, Ph.D. (né le 28 mars 1949 à Los Angeles, en Californie) est un homme politique et ancien professeur universitaire canadien. Il est actuellement député à l Assemblée législative … Wikipédia en Français
ZIONIST ORGANIZATION OF AMERICA — (ZOA), U.S. organization of General Zionists. In 1898 richard gottheil , who attended the Zionist Congress in Europe, called a New York conference which formed the Federation of American Zionists. To attract support, the Federation began to… … Encyclopedia of Judaism
Israel's unilateral disengagement plan — Part of a series on the Israeli–Palestinian conflict and Arab–Israeli conflict Israeli–Palestinian peace process … Wikipedia
John Mearsheimer — John J. Mearsheimer John J. Mearsheimer Full name John J. Mearsheimer Born 1947 Era International relations theory Region … Wikipedia
Murder of Koby Mandell and Yosef Ishran — Part of the Second Intifada militancy campaign … Wikipedia