- Jade Ewen
Jade Ewen performing live in 2011.
Background information Birth name Jade Almarie Louise Ewen Born 24 January 1988 Origin Plaistow, London,
England, United Kingdom
Genres Pop, R&B Occupations Singer, songwriter, actress Instruments Vocals Years active 2002–present Labels Sony BMG, Make Noise, Polydor, Island, RCA Associated acts Sugababes
Jade Almarie Louise Ewen (born 24 January, 1988) is an English singer, songwriter, actress and member of the Sugababes. Ewen began her singing career in a girl group named Trinity Stone signed to Sony BMG in 2005, but they disbanded in 2007 with no album released. In 2009, she represented the UK at the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest performing the Andrew Lloyd Webber penned "It's My Time" after winning the UK national selection. She achieved fifth place, making her the most successful British Eurovision act since 2002. Ewen replaced Keisha Buchanan of the Sugababes in September 2009 and has since attained two UK top-ten singles with the group.
Ewen was born and brought up in Plaistow, London, to a Jamaican mother, Carol and a Scottish-Sicilian father, Trevor. Trevor is blind and partially deaf, while Carol is partially blind. Because of her parents' disabilities, Ewen is a carer to both her parents and two younger siblings, Shereen and Kiel. She received a scholarship to the Sylvia Young Theatre School. As a student at Sylvia, she appeared in The Bill, Casualty and Mr. Harvey Lights a Candle. Ewen also auditioned for and won the part of Nala in The Lion King at the West End at the age of twelve. Ewen appeared in the children's dance DVD, entitled How To Dance. She also featured briefly in the video for pop rock band Busted's "What I Go to School For".
Between 2003 and 2004 she appeared in the Australian series Out There. In 2005, Ewen became a member of the girl group Trinity Stone which was signed to Sony BMG. The group disbanded in 2007. She later recorded with rapper Kwamé, who was impressed with her work on MySpace. She released a digital single, "Got You" in 2008 under Kwame's Make Noise label. Ewen co-wrote the song "A Little Bit" for the girl group Booty Luv and also "Let Me Be Me" for Jessica Mauboy. In early 2009, Ewen acted in the first episode of the series, Myths.
In January 2009, Ewen was approached and participated in the UK national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2009. She was eventually selected to represent the UK with the song "It's My Time" composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber who accompanied her on piano onstage. Ewen finished in fifth place at Eurovision, the highest placing for the UK since 2002. Having already signed signed with Polydor Records before the Eurovision selection, Ewen began working on her debut album.
In September 2009, Ewen joined the Sugababes as the replacement for Keisha Buchanan. While her single, "My Man" had been released, promotional activities for it were cancelled. The song reach a position of 35 on the UK Singles Chart. In an interview with the BBC, Ewen confirmed her commitment to the Sugababes as her main priority and that her solo album was put on hold. Ewen had not met the remaining members of the Sugababes until two days before the video shoot for their single "About a Girl" in Los Angeles. She had been flown there without being notified that she would be replacing Buchanan. "About a Girl" later debuted at number eight in the UK. Sweet 7 was released in early 2010 after multiple delays from late 2009, and charted at 14 on the UK Albums Chart. In late 2010, Ewen became the face of Miss Ultimo lingerie.
Year Single Peak positions UK
2009 "It's My Time" 27 "My Man" 35
Year Single Director 2009 "It's My Time" Pop Club "My Man" Urban Strom
Year Title Role Notes 2003–2004 Out There Aggie Thackery 25 episodes 2005 Mr. Harvey Lights a Candle Donna Casualty Carrie Fletcher 1 episode The Bill Shanti Das 2 episodes 2009 Myths Athene 1 episode Eurovision: Your Country Needs You! Contestant 5 episodes (Won) 2010 Eurovision: Your Country Needs You! Judge 1 episode
- ^ a b c d e f g "About Jade Ewen", Eurovision (EBU), http://www.eurovision.tv/event/artistdetail?song=24713&event=1482, retrieved 2009-12-04
- ^ a b c Eurovision Acts - Jade, BBC, http://www.bbc.co.uk/eurovision/ycny/acts/jade.shtml, retrieved 2009-12-02
- ^ a b c d e Klier, Marcus (24 April 2009). "Part thirty-seven Introducing the 2009 entries: United Kingdom". esctoday.com. http://www.esctoday.com/news/read/13789. Retrieved 2009-05-23.
- ^ "London's Jade Ewen grabs fifth place for the UK at the Eurovision Song Contest", thelondonpaper (NI Free Newspapers Ltd), 17 May 2009, http://www.thelondonpaper.com/thelondonpaper/news/london/news/londons-jade-ewen-grabs-fifth-place-for-the-uk-at-the-eurovision-son, retrieved 2009-12-04
- ^ Sugababes Statement, 21 September 2009, http://www.sugababes.com/news-detail.php?id=152, retrieved 2009-12-02
- ^ Davies, Russell (21 September 2009), Official confirmation UK: Jade joins the Sugababes, esctoday.com, http://www.esctoday.com/news/read/14340?id=14340&offset=54, retrieved 2009-12-04
- ^ Sugababes deny Keisha pushed out, BBC, 25 September 2009, http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8275750.stm, retrieved 2009-12-04
- ^ TOP 40 SINGLES ARCHIVE, The Official UK Charts Company, http://theofficialcharts.com/top40_singles_archive.php, retrieved 2009-11-29 Week 47 : 15 November 2009 - 21 November 2009
- ^ http://www.ultimo.co.uk/shop/miss-ultimo
- ^ Bull, Sarah (13 December 2010). "Nobody's looking at your hat, Jade! Sugababes star Ewen strips for sexy new Miss Ultimo adverts". Daily Mail (London). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1338255/Sugababes-star-Jade-Ewen-strips-sexy-new-Miss-Ultimo-adverts.html.
- ^ Piper, Dean (20 December 2009). "Sugababes' Jade Ewen bags new boyfriend in EastEnders Ricky Norwood". Daily Mirror. Trinity Mirror. http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/showbiz-dean-piper/2009/12/sugababes-jade-ewan-bags-new-b.html. Retrieved 7 February 2010.
- ^ "EastEnders beats Coronation Street to best soap award". Newsbeat (BBC). 10 May 2010. http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/10104308. Retrieved 8 December 2010.
- ^ "Sugababes singer Jade Ewen and Eastenders actor Ricky Norwood split". Mirror. 11 September 2011. http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/09/11/sugababes-singer-jade-ewen-and-eastenders-actor-ricky-norwood-split-115875-23411074/. Retrieved 15 September 2011.
- ^ Jade Ewen - Music Charts, αCharts.us, http://acharts.us/performer/jade_ewen, retrieved 2009-12-04
- ^ Knight, David (21 April 2009). "Jade Ewen’s It’s My Time by Pop Club". Promo News. http://www.promonews.tv/2009/04/21/jade-ewen%e2%80%99s-it%e2%80%99s-my-time-by-pop-club/. Retrieved 2009-06-27.
- ^ Knight, David (14 September 2009). "Jade Ewen’s My Man by Urban Strom". Promo News. http://www.promonews.tv/2009/09/14/jade-ewen%e2%80%99s-my-man-by-urban-strom/. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
with "Even If"
UK in the Eurovision Song Contest
with "That Sounds Good to Me"
Related articles Sugababes Studio albums Compilation albums Singles"Overload" · "New Year" · "Run for Cover" · "Soul Sound" · "Freak Like Me" · "Round Round" · "Stronger"/"Angels with Dirty Faces" · "Shape" · "Hole in the Head" · "Too Lost in You" · "In the Middle" · "Caught in a Moment" · "Push the Button" · "Ugly" · "Red Dress" · "Follow Me Home" · "Easy" · "Walk This Way" · "About You Now" · "Change" · "Denial" · "Girls" · "No Can Do" · "Get Sexy" · "About a Girl" · "Wear My Kiss" · "Freedom" Featured singles Other songs Tours Related topics
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Jade Ewen — Chartplatzierungen Erklärung der Daten Singles It’s My Time … Deutsch Wikipedia
Jade Ewen — Datos generales Nacimiento 24 de enero de 1988 (23 años) … Wikipedia Español
Jade Ewen — à la finale de l Eurovision Jade Ewen (née le 24 janvier 1988 à Londres) est une chanteuse et actrice britannique. Sa mère est jamaïcaine et son père italo britannique. Jade Ewen a commencé sa carrière avec le rôle de Nala dans une production du… … Wikipédia en Français
My Man (Jade Ewen song) — My Man Single by Jade Ewen Released 20 September 2009 Format Digital download … Wikipedia
Ewen — ist der Familienname folgender Personen: Carl Ewen (* 1931), deutscher Politiker (SPD) Harold Irving Ewen (* 1922), US amerikanischer Astrophysiker Herbert Ewen (* 1939), deutscher Fußballspieler Jade Ewen (* 1988), britische Schauspielerin und… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Jade (Begriffsklärung) — Jade steht für: Jade, einen Schmuckstein Jade (Fluss), in Niedersachsen Jade (Gemeinde), am gleichnamigen Fluss gelegen, Landkreis Wesermarsch Jade (Film), ein amerikanischer Spielfilm Jade (Band), eine Popgruppe aus China Jade Cargo… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Sugababes — Este artículo o sección necesita referencias que aparezcan en una publicación acreditada, como revistas especializadas, monografías, prensa diaria o páginas de Internet fidedignas. Puedes añadirlas así o avisar … Wikipedia Español
Sweet 7 — Este artículo o sección necesita referencias que aparezcan en una publicación acreditada, como revistas especializadas, monografías, prensa diaria o páginas de Internet fidedignas. Puedes añadirlas así o avisar … Wikipedia Español
Sweet 7 — Studio album by Sugababes Released 5 March 2010 (see re … Wikipedia
Sweet 7 — Studioalbum von Sugababes Veröffentlichung 15. März 2010 Aufnahme April 2009 – Januar 2010 … Deutsch Wikipedia