- Northeast Asia
Northeast Asia and Northeastern Asia refers to the northeastern subregion of Asia. Though the precise definition of Northeast Asia changes according to context, it always includes Japan and the Korean Peninsula, and is sometimes used to refer to these two regions exclusively.
The definition of Northeast Asia is not static, but often changes according to the context in which it is discussed.
In geopolitics, the Council on Foreign Relations defines Northeast Asia as Japan, North Korea, and South Korea. China and Russia are often included in geopolitical discussion of the region to the extent their interests and policies interact with those of Japan and the Koreas. The Sea of Japan, the Yellow Sea, and sometimes the East China Sea and the Sea of Okhotsk are included in discussions of the region.
In Biogeography, Northeast Asia generally refers to roughly the area spanning Japan, the Korean Peninsula, Northeast China, and the Russian Far East between Lake Baikal in Central Siberia and the Pacific Ocean.
- ^ "Northeast Asia." Council on Foreign Relations. Retrieved on August 10, 2009.
- ^ "Northeast Asia dominates patent filing growth." Retrieved on August 8, 2001.
- ^ "Paper: Economic Integration in Northeast Asia." Retrieved on August 8, 2011.
- ^ Gilbet Rozman (2004), Northeast asia's stunted regionalism: bilateral distrust in the shadow of globalization. Cambridge University Press, pp. 3-4
- Center for Northeast Asian Policy Studies - Brookings Institution
- Kimura, Takeatsu - International Collation of Traditional and Folk Medicine - Northeast Asia - Unesco
Regions of the world Africa Northern · Sub-Saharan (Central · Southern · Western · Eastern) Oceania Australasia (Australia) · Melanesia · Micronesia · Polynesia America North (Northern • Middle • Central • Caribbean) · South (Southern • Northern • Western) · Anglo · Latin Polar Arctic · Antarctic Asia Central · Eastern (Northeastern) · Northern · Southeastern · Southern (Indian subcontinent) · Western (Middle East) Oceans World · Arctic · Atlantic · Indian · Pacific · Southern Europe Central · Eastern · Northern · Southeastern · Southern · Western Seas List of seasRelated Continents of the world · List of seas · Physical Earth This Asia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.