- Current Publishing
Current Publishing is a publishing company in southern Maine that puts out six weekly newspapers. Lee Hews is the company's publisher. Jane P. Lord is the executive editor, and Ben Bragdon is the managing editor.
The six free, weekly newspapers produced by Current Publishing include:
- The Current, a broadsheet launched September 13, 2001, to serve the towns of Scarborough and Cape Elizabeth. The City of South Portland was added to its coverage area in mid-2002;
- The American Journal, a tabloid purchased in July, 2002, and converted to a broadsheet. It currently serves Westbrook, Gorham and Buxton;
- The Lakes Region Weekly, a broadsheet launched in October, 2003, in conjunction with purchase of The Suburban News. Initially, the paper was known as The Lakes Region Suburban News. It currently serves Windham, Standish, Naples, Sebago and Casco;
- The Reporter, a small tabloid launched in October, 2004, that serves Waterboro and surrounding towns;
- The Sun Chronicle, a broadsheet launched in April, 2005 to serve Saco and Old Orchard Beach. It has since been converted to a large, magazine-style tabloid, and;
- The Weekly Observer, a small tabloid launched in April, 2006, that serves Sanford and surrounding towns.
Discontinued newspapers include The Citizen, a tabloid launched in 2005 to serve Cornish and surrounding towns, which ceased publication in 2007, and The Monument News, a tabloid serving Gray and New Gloucester purchased in 2008. It continued for four months and then was folded into the Lakes Region Weekly.
The company also produces a number of free, niche publications, including, in order of launch:
- My Generation, focusing on baby boomer issues;
- Maine Women, Maine's only women's magazine;
- Food Etc, a cooking magazine, and;
- 95 North, a Southern Maine travel magazine.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Current Publishing (UK) — Current Publishing Type Publishing Company Industry Magazines, Publishing Founded 1998 Found … Wikipedia
Current Archaeology — Editor in Chief Andrew Selkirk Frequency Monthly Publisher Current Publishing First issue 1967 … Wikipedia
Current — may refer to: Contents 1 Ongoing events 2 Science and Mathematics 3 Business 4 Ships 5 Media … Wikipedia
Current World Archaeology — This article is about the British magazine. For the academic journal, see World Archaeology. Current World Archaeology Editor in Chief Andrew Selkirk Categories Archaeology Frequency Bi monthly Publish … Wikipedia
Current History — is the oldest United States based publication devoted exclusively to contemporary world affairs. The magazine was founded in 1914 by George Washington Ochs Oakes, brother of New York Times publisher Adolph Ochs, in order to provide detailed… … Wikipedia
Publishing — is the process of production and dissemination of literature or information ndash; the activity of making information available for public view. In some cases authors may be their own publishers, meaning: originators and developers of content… … Wikipedia
Current 93 — in 2007 Background information Origin Britain Genres Apo … Wikipedia
Current 93 — en 2007 Current 93 est un groupe britannique de musique expérimentale formé en 1982 par David Tibet (né David Michael Bunting, rebaptisé Tibet par Genesis P Orridge peu avant la création du groupe) Sommaire … Wikipédia en Français
Current Opinion — Parent company Elsevier Founded 1990 Founder Vitek Tracz Publication types Academic journals Official website … Wikipedia
current — I adjective being done, belonging to the time, concurrent, contemporaneous, contemporary, customary, existent, existing, hie, immediate, in fashion, in style, in the fad, in vogue, instant, latest, latter day, new, occurring, of the moment, of… … Law dictionary