- List of Conservative Monday Club publications
This is a list of publications of the
Conservative Monday Club, a prominent Torypolitical pressure-group in the United Kingdom.
* "A Personal Record", (of rejection of socialism, &c.,) by
John Braine, December 1968. [http://www.cas.sc.edu/engl/LitCheck/Braine.htm]
Ireland- Our Cuba?" by Jeremy Harwood, the Hon. Jonathan Guinness, & John Biggs-Davison, M.P. 1970 [http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/dept/scwmss/wmss/online/modern/cpa/library/pub.html]
* "Capital - Yours or Theirs?", by the Club's Taxation Group, Chairman: A. P. Leslie, February 1970. [http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/dept/scwmss/wmss/online/modern/cpa/library/pub.html]
* "Rents - Chaos or Commonsense?", by
Horace Cutler1970. [http://www.lse.ac.uk/library/pamphlets/SocialPolicy/socialpolicypamphlets/housing.htm]
* "Standing Room Only - The Population Problem in Britain", by Geoffrey Baber. 1971. [http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/dept/scwmss/wmss/online/modern/cpa/library/pub.html]
* "Some Uncivil Liberties" by Cllr.Sam Swerling. 1971. [http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/dept/scwmss/wmss/online/modern/cpa/library/pub.html]
* "Education and the Permissive Society", by Clive Buckmaster, early 1970s [http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/dept/scwmss/wmss/online/modern/cpa/library/pub.html]
* ""Europe's Back Door: The Soviet Maritime Threat", by
Patrick Wall, M.P., early 1970s. [http://www.kcl.ac.uk/lhcma/cats/menaul/mn0502.shtml] ISBN 0-903900-02-5. 1973
* "The Enemies Within", by Comdr. Anthony T. Courtney, O.B.E.,R.N.,(Retd).,(M.P., for
Harrow East (UK Parliament constituency)1959-1966), with a foreword by the Hon. Jonathan Guinness. 1972.
* "The Crooked Conscience - Are the Churches Politically 'Bent'?", by
Bernard Smith. 1972. [http://www.alor.org/Volume10/Vol10No37.htm]
* "Who's Getting at Our Kids?", by Cllr.Sam Swerling. ISBN 0-903900-00-9. 1972. [http://graham.thewebtailor.co.uk/archives/000044.html]
* "State & Economy - Need for a Tory Rethink", by the Club's Economic Policy Group. ISBN 0-903900-01-7. 1972.
* "When the Bough Breaks", John Peter Preece Smith, ISBN 0-903900-03-3 circa 1973.
* "Thoughts on Defence", by
Anthony Courtney, M.P., for Harrow East, 1959-1966] , David Pilleau, & Peter Langley. July 1974.
* "Local Rates", by Cllr.Brian Costello, mid-1970s. [http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/dept/scwmss/wmss/online/modern/cpa/library/pub.html]
* "Towards a Solution", by
Julian Amery, M.P., 1975. [http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/dept/scwmss/wmss/online/modern/cpa/library/pub.html]
* "Rhodesia & The Threat to The West", by the Rt.Hon.
Julian Amery, M.P., John Biggs-Davison, M.P., Harold Soref(former M.P.) and Patrick Wall, M.C., M.P. 1976. [http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/dept/scwmss/wmss/online/modern/cpa/library/pub.html]
* "Europe - The Unguarded Legacy", by John Young & the Club's European Policy Group, with a foreword by the Rt.Hon.
Julian Amery, M.P., and introduction by John Biggs-Davison, M.P. 1978. [http://www.mun.ca/ceuep/eu_member_states.html]
* "Who's Afraid of Laissez Faire?", by David Hart (of the '
Committee for a Free Britain'), 1980. ISBN 0-903900-05-X. [http://www.libertarian.co.uk/lapubs/polin/polindex.htm]
* "The Price of Peace", by
Brian Crozier, 1980 [Club were distributors only] [http://www.kcl.ac.uk/lhcma/cats/menaul/mn09.shtml]
* "Communist Propaganda Apparatus & Other Threats to The Media" by Sir
James Goldsmith- a booklet containing his statement to the Media Committee of the Conservative Party at the House of Commons, 21st January, 1981. [Club were distributors only] . [http://www.lobster-magazine.co.uk/intro/search.cgi?zoom_query=propaganda&zoom_page=10&zoom_per_page=10&zoom_cat=-1&zoom_and=1&zoom_sort=0]
* "Immigration, Repatriation, & the C.R.E.", by K.
Harvey Proctor, M.P., John R. Pinniger, M.A., with a foreword by Sir Ronald Bell, Q.C., M.P. 1981. [ Referenced in "Constitutionalising Racism: The British Nationality Bill 1981", Dixon, "Critical Social Policy". 1981; 1: 94-100]
* "The Conservative Party & The Common Market", by David Storey &
Teddy Taylor, M.P. July 1982. [http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/dept/scwmss/wmss/online/modern/cpa/library/pub.html]
* "Recall to Greatness", by John Murray, mid-1980s. [http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/dept/scwmss/wmss/online/modern/cpa/library/pub.html]
* "The Preservation of The House of Lords", by the Rt.Hon.The Lord Sudeley, with a foreword by Sir John Stokes, M.P. 1991. [http://www.parliament.uk/documents/upload/HLLReform.pdf House of Lords (PDF)]
* "The Challenger" journal of the Scottish Monday Club
* "Right Hook", quarterly journal of the Young Monday Club. Editor in Spring 1979 was Eleanor Dodd.
* "Tory News", occasional newsletter
* "Tory Challenge" quarterly journal of the National Monday Club. Editor in 1980 was Clive Buckmaster.
* "Monday World", glossy magazine, (editorial board in 1981: Eleanor Dodd (editor), Cllr.Sam Swerling (former editor), David Storey,
John R. Pinniger, Graham Mather, John de Vere Walker).
* "Monday News" quarterly newsletter (editor in November 1981, Eleanor Dodd, 1984 - Stuart Notholt).
* "Right Ahead" 'Conservative & Unionist' occasional newspaper, notably the annual Conservative Party Conference editions. The Summer 1986 edition carries and impressive line-up of writers of whom many are M.P.s. The 1985 editorial board consisted of: David Storey (editor, and Club chairman), Cedric Gunnery (a Club co-founder, Director, & Treasurer), George Gardiner, MP, and
Teddy Taylor, MP.
* "Monday Club News" regular newsletter, 1989 on, edited by Gregory Lauder-Frost (1989-1992).
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Conservative Monday Club — Club header from the 1970s The Conservative Monday Club (widely known as the Monday Club) is a British pressure group on the right wing of the Conservative Party. Contents … Wikipedia
List of right-wing publications in the United Kingdom — This is a list of right wing and nationalist newspapers and magazines currently being published in the United Kingdom. The publications of tiny, splinter groups are excluded.Right wing* Daily Express * Daily Mail * The Daily Telegraph * The… … Wikipedia
List of Old Falconians — This is a list of some of the more prominent Old Falconians who are the alumni of North Sydney Boys High School. The Old Falconians Union is the alumni body of the school. The name Old Falconians is derived from Falcon Street which is the address … Wikipedia
List of Michigan State University people — Liberty Hyde Bailey. Class of 1882. This is an incomplete list, which may never be able to satisfy particular standards for completeness. You can help by expanding it with reliably sourced entries … Wikipedia
List of University of Virginia people — This page is a partial list of notable alumni of the University of Virginia. Contents 1 Rectors and members of the Board of Visitors 2 Alumni 2.1 Space, land, and sea 2.2 Supre … Wikipedia
John Biggs-Davison — Sir John Alec Biggs Davison (7 June 1918 ndash; 17 September 1988) was a Conservative Member of Parliament in the United Kingdom for Chigwell from 1955 and then, after boundary changes in 1974, Epping Forest until his death. He was a leading… … Wikipedia
Jonathan Guinness, 3rd Baron Moyne — Jonathan Bryan Guinness, 3rd Baron Moyne (born March 16, 1930) succeeded as 3rd Baron Moyne in 1992. He is the son of Bryan Guinness, 2nd Baron Moyne and his first wife Diana Mitford (later Lady Mosley), and until his retirement was a merchant… … Wikipedia
Julian Amery, Baron Amery of Lustleigh — Harold Julian Amery, Baron Amery of Lustleigh, PC (27 March 1919 – 3 September 1996) was a prominent British politician of the Conservative Party, who served as a Member of Parliament (MP) for 39 of the 42 years between 1950 and 1992. He was… … Wikipedia
House of Lords — This article is about the British House of Lords. For other uses, see House of Lords (disambiguation). The Right Honourable the Lords Spiritual and Temporal of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland in Parliament assembled … Wikipedia
Harold Macmillan — The Right Honourable The Earl of Stockton OM PC FRS Prime Minister of the United Kingdom In office … Wikipedia