- Postwick with Witton
Postwick with Witton is a
civil parishin the English countyof Norfolk, comprising the two nearby villages of Postwick and Witton. Postwick is some 4½ miles (7 km) east of the city of Norwich, just south of the eastern end of the A47 Norwich southern bypass. Witton is 1¾ miles (3 km) to the north-east, north of the A47.ref|osexp1
The civil parish has an area of 8.29 km² and in the 2001 census had a population of 323 in 128 households. For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the district of
Broadland.ref|osnnccAlthough the Wherry Linesrail line passes through Postwick, there is no station. In the west of the parish at the junction of the A47 and A1042 is Postwick Park and Ride, one of six such sites surrounding Norwich. A ferry once operated on the River Yarebetween Postwick and Surlingham, it ceased c1939 following a collision with a coaster [ [http://www.norfolkpubs.co.uk/norfolks/surlingham/surlifh.htm Surlingham - Ferry House ] ]
* [http://www.broadland.gov.uk/leisure_and_tourism/1185.asp Postwick with Witton page] on Broadland website
* [http://martin.edwards.name/places.html#postwick Postwick] on Martin & Marie Edwards' web-pages
*oscoor|TG296078_region:GB_scale:100000|Map sources for Postwick.
*oscoor|TG313096_region:GB_scale:100000|Map sources for Witton.
* [http://www.origins.org.uk/genuki/NFK/places/p/postwick/ Information from Genuki Norfolk] on Postwick.
* [http://www.origins.org.uk/genuki/NFK/places/w/witton_nr_blofield/ Information from Genuki Norfolk] on Witton.
* [http://www.norfolkchurches.co.uk/postwick/index.html All Saints, Postwick]
* [http://www.norfolk.gov.uk/consumption/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&ssDocName=NCC047145&ssSourceNodeId=&ssTargetNodeId=278 Postwick Park and Ride]
"POSTWICK - The Story of a Norfolk Village" by Anne Carter published 1987, reprinted 1991 ISBN 1 873495 00 5
* Ordnance Survey (2005). "OS Explorer Map OL40 - The Broads". ISBN 0-319-23769-9.
* Office for National Statistics & Norfolk County Council (2001). " [http://www.norfolk.gov.uk/consumption/groups/public/documents/general_resources/ncc017867.xls Census population and household counts for unparished urban areas and all parishes] ". Retrieved
December 2, 2005.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Witton Bridge — or Witton is a village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It is located 8 km east of the town of North Walsham and 30 km north of the city of Norwich. It should not be confused with the quite different Norfolk village of similar… … Wikipedia
Witton — may refer to one of several places in England:*Witton le Wear, County Durham *Witton, Lancashire, a former parish in Blackburn *Postwick with Witton, in the county of Norfolk and 5 miles (8 km) east of Norwich. *Witton Bridge, also in Norfolk but … Wikipedia
List of civil parishes in Norfolk — This is a list of civil parishes in the county of Norfolk, England. It is broken down by the seven local authority districts that make up the county.BrecklandBreckland is entirely parished, and comprises the following parishes:*Ashill… … Wikipedia
Belaugh — Coordinates: 52°42′58″N 1°23′14″E / 52.716019°N 1.387196°E / 52.716019; 1.387196 … Wikipedia
Acle — Coordinates: 52°38′17″N 1°33′18″E / 52.638°N 1.555°E / 52.638; 1.555 … Wikipedia
Taverham — Coordinates: 52°41′N 1°12′E / 52.68°N 1.20°E / 52.68; 1.20 … Wikipedia
Old Catton — Coordinates: 52°39′40″N 1°18′08″E / 52.6611°N 1.3023°E / 52.6611; 1.3023 … Wikipedia
Cawston, Norfolk — Coordinates: 52°46′01″N 1°10′01″E / 52.767°N 1.167°E / 52.767; 1.167 … Wikipedia
Drayton, Norfolk — Coordinates: 52°40′30″N 1°13′30″E / 52.675°N 1.225°E / 52.675; 1.225 … Wikipedia
Horsham St Faith and Newton St Faith — Coordinates: 52°41′14″N 1°16′42″E / 52.6872°N 1.2782°E / 52.6872; 1.2782 … Wikipedia