- MTV Central
MTV Germany Launched 1997 Owned by Viacom International Media Networks Slogan MTV: All Eyes On ... Website www.mtv.de Availability Satellite Sky Deutschland 50 Cable Kabel Deutschland -
MTV Germany, is a 24- hour German speaking entertainment channel operated by MTV Networks Europe. The channel was launched as MTV Networks Europe began to localize its brand throughout Europe in 1997. MTV Germany (previously MTV Central) was launched on March 7, 1997. The channel was set up to counteract strong competition from former rival VIVA.
- From its inception MTV Germany was available free-to-air throughout Europe. Though the channel mainly served German speaking territories such as Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Liechtenstein and Luxembourg.
- In late 2010, MTV Networks Germany announced that MTV will no longer be made available free-to-air from January 1, 2011. The channel is only on pay tv services such as Sky Deutschland, Kabel Deutschland, Unitymedia, Kabel BW, Alice-TV, Deutsche Telekom and NetCologne.
- 1997 - 2001
- Germany was served by VIVA a 24 hour German music channel, in 1997 as part of MTV Networks Europe's regionalization strategy MTV launched a German speaking channel to target existing competition within the German speaking markets. MTV Germany launched with specialized German speaking versions of hit MTV Europe shows which included the Euro Top 20, MTV Select, MTV News, Non-Stop Hits, US Top 20 Hitlist UK, Hitlist Germany, Fashion Zone, MTV Urban and The Lick.
- In 1999, MTV Germany became available free-to-air throughout Europe on Astra satellite. In 2001, MTV Networks Germany launched MTV2 Pop a 24 hour pop music channel (later replaced by Nickelodeon). In 2005, MTV Networks Europe purchased one of its biggest competitors VIVA
- In 2002, MTV Germany began to air programing from MTV US, most of this programming was either subtitled or dubbed. From 2002 onwards similar to other MTV channels in Europe. MTV Germany began to drop some of its localized programming in favour of MTV US shows. These shows included Jackass, Date My Mom and Dismissed.
- In early 2006, MTV began to further regionalize its German speaking feed to include a separate version for Austria and Switzerland. Late in 2009, MTV Networks Germany helped to localize these channels even further with the development of MTV Austria and MTV Switzerland.
- From 2008, MTV Germany was also streamed on P2P TV network TVU Player, but taken off air in March 2009. As of 2009, MTV Germany uses the same on-air identity as other MTV channels in Europe. The channel also features less music videos and airs more American MTV shows then German speaking programming. Most of this programming is subtitled in German. The headquarters for MTV Networks Germany is Berlin where its channels are based. MTV Germany remains one of the only remaining MTV transmitted by analogue satellite in Europe, and among the few transmitted on free-to-air digital services throughout the continent, along with MTV Austria, MTV Italia, MTV Adria and MTV Türkiye.
- From January 1, 2011, MTV Germany will only be available on major German Pay-TV platforms including Sky, Unitymedia, Telekom and Kabel BW. With the move from a free-to-air to a subscription based service. MTV Germany will no-longer host advertising on its subscription service channel. MTV Germany will continue to commission new music programming which will include MTV Brand New, MTV Top 11, 3 From 1, The Breakfast Club, Fantastic Music Videos, MTV's Chart Shows (titles to be confirmed), M is for Music. Localised programming will continue with MTV Home, a German speaking music and entertainment show. Similar to MTV channels worldwide, MTV Germany will air reality shows these include: the American version of Skins and a new seasons of Jersey Shores, When I Was 17, Punk'd with Justin Bieber, 'Lauren Conrad Fashion Show'. MTV International VJ Alice Levine will be host to a new season of 'MTV @ The Movies' and 'Celebrity Bites' airing from early 2011.
- MTV Germany's sister channel VIVA will be the main music station for MTV Networks Germany and will continue to be made available free-to-air across Germany, Austria and Europe.
- MTV Networks Germany will also launch a new music channel MTV Brand: New which will focus on the new music releases from German speaking and international artists.
- On May 16, 2011 MTV Networks in Germany launched high-definitions version of MTV, VIVA and Nickelodeon. MTV HD, VIVA HD and Nickelodeon/Comedy Central HD are a simulcast of the original MTV channels already available in Germany.
- On July 1, 2011 MTV Networks Germany rebranded its MTV channel to embrace the new global on-air identity, sharing the same MTV logo from the US.
- Game One
- MTV Breakfast Club
- MTV After Hours
- MTV Push (German speaking version)
- MTV At The Movies (German speaking version)
- MTV Crispy News (German Speaking Version)
- MTV World Stage
- Room Raiders
- 16 & Pregnant
- Flavor of Love
- Strange Love
- I Love New York
- South Park
- Drawn Together
- Family Guy
Former Local Shows
- MTV Hot
- Fashion Zone
- MTV Fett
- MTV Urban (webshow only)
- MTV Rockzone (webshow only)
- MTV Home
- MTV Kitchen
- Non-Stop Hits
- Mad 4 Hits
- Alternative Nation
- Euro Top 20
- Hitlist UK
- Hitlist Germany
- Dance Floor Chart
- US top 20
- MTV In-Touch
- MTV Webchart
- MTV News
- MTV News Highlights
- MTV News Weekend Edition
- MTV News Mag
- MTV Easy
- MTV Bytesize
- MTV Masters
- MTV Sushi
- MTV Amour
- MTV Live from Berlin
- MTV Live
- MTV Megamix
- MTV Comixed
- Saturday Night Music
- MTV Daira
- MTV Celebrity Deathmatch
- Patrice (Brand: Neu, Urban)
- Markus (Brand: neu, Rock Zone Extra [webshow])
- Joko (MTV Home)
- Hadnet (Brand: neu, MTV Urban Freestyle [webshow])
- Klaas (MTV Home)
- Palina (MTV Home)
On September 7, 2008 MTV Germany changed their old Wishful Object on-air design to a new MTV: All Eyes On... design, which is also MTV Germany's new slogan. The on-air design was changed once more in July 2009 as a result of re-branding of all MTV channels (excluding MTV US).
MTV Germany also has an advertising agency named Dydree, although it also works for other companies like ARD and Disney.
All Eyes On...
All Eyes On... is one of MTV Germany's ways of highlighting singers and bands, which have released new music (and also might not already be widely known). Changing bi-weekly, an artist or group is chosen and then featured in clips announcing commercial breaks. The first band name to be put under the "All Eyes On" badge was MIA.; on October 6, the first non-German artist was Alicia Keys.
- ^ http://mavise.obs.coe.int/cocoon/tp/channel/1875/channel.pdf Archived 1 January 2011 at WebCite
- ^ a b http://www.rapidtvnews.com/index.php/201011188883/mtv-germany-unveils-pay-tv-details.html Archived 1 December 2010 at WebCite
- ^ a b http://presse.mtv.de/channel/1/107299 Archived 1 January 2011 at WebCite
- ^ http://www.rapidtvnews.com/index.php/2011051512116/mtv-networks-expands-german-hd-line-up.html
MTV NetworksParent: Viacom Primary service MTV Networks Asia PacificMTV Asia · MTV India · MTV Japan · MTV Pakistan · MTV Thailand · MTV Middle East · MTV Taiwan · MTV China · MTV Indonesia · MTV Korea · MTV Vietnam · Nickelodeon Pakistan · Nickelodeon Arabia · Nickelodeon (Japan) · Nickelodeon South East Asia · Nickelodeon Philippines · Nickelodeon India · Nickelodeon (South Korea) · Nickelodeon Indonesia · VH1 Thailand · VH1 India · VH1 Indonesia · VH1 Pakistan Channels in Australia and New Zealand Channels in North AmericaCMT · CMT (Canada) (10% with Corus Entertainment) · CMT Pure Country · Comedy Central · Epix (co-owned with Lionsgate and MGM) · Logo · Palladia · MTV · MTV2 · MTV Hits · MTV Jams · mtvU · Nick Jr. · Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite · Nicktoons · Spike · TeenNick · Tr3́s · TV Land · VH1 · VH1 Classic · VH1 Soul Secondary service MTV Networks Europe Pan-European Balkans Baltics (defunct)MTV Estonia · MTV Lithuania & Latvia Czech RepublicMTV Czech ' Nickelodeon (Czech) Benelux Nordic France Germany / Austria / Switzerland Greece Hungary Italy Israel Poland PortugalMTV Portugal · Nickelodeon Portugal RomaniaMTV România · Nickelodeon Romania Russia Spain Turkey (defunct) Ukraine UK and Ireland MTV Networks Africa Channels
MTV · MTV2 · MTV Jams · MTV Hits · MTV Tr3s · Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite · Nicktoons · TeenNick · Nick Jr. · VH1 · VH1 Classic · VH1 Soul · VH1 · CMT · CMT Pure Country · Logo · Comedy Central · TV Land · Epix · Palladiadefunctional channels
Internet Other units MTV Networks Latin America Pan-American Brazil Defunct Licensed See also Defunct services Defunct channelsMTV Philippines · Box Comedy · Ha! · MTV Chi · MTV Classic · MTV Desi · MTV Flux · MTV K · MTV New Zealand · MTVX · Nick-at-Nite UK · Nick GAS · Noggin UK · TMF Australia · VH1 Australia · VH1 Germany · VH1 Uno · VH2 · Noggin · The N · TMF Nederland · TMF NL · TMF Dance · MTV Turkiye · Nickelodeon Turkey · TMF Pure Internet services Other units Pan-European Balkans Baltics (defunct)MTV Estonia · MTV Lithuania & Latvia Czech RepublicMTV Czech ' Nickelodeon (Czech) Benelux Nordic France Germany / Austria / Switzerland Greece Hungary Italy Israel Poland PortugalMTV Portugal · Nickelodeon Portugal RomaniaMTV România · Nickelodeon Romania Russia Spain Turkey (defunct) Ukraine UK and Ireland Viacom Inc. Corporate directors MTV Networks
MTV Networks Company, Inc.
BET Networks Paramount Motion Pictures GroupParamount Pictures Corporation: Paramount Pictures · Paramount Vantage · Paramount Classics · Republic Pictures · United International Pictures (50% with NBC Universal's Universal Studios)
MTV branded labels: MTV Films · Nickelodeon Movies
Other units: EPIX (co-owned with Lions Gate Entertainment and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer)
Television stations Viacom Music Group Miscellaneous assets See also
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
MTV Central — In diesem Artikel oder Abschnitt fehlen folgende wichtige Informationen: Informationen wie Unternehmensdaten (Mitarbeiterzahl, Umsatz, Quoten) etc. Du kannst Wikipedia helfen, indem du sie recherchierst und einfügst … Deutsch Wikipedia
MTV Europe — Launched August 1, 1987 Owned by Viacom International Media Networks Broadcast area Europe Headquarters … Wikipedia
MTV Latin America — Launched October 1, 1993 Owned by MTV Networks (Viacom) Picture format 480i (SDTV) Broadcast area Latin America Headquarters … Wikipedia
MTV Networks Europe — Rechtsform Sparte der Viacom International Media Networks Gründung 1987 Sitz London, Großbritannien Warschau, Polen Branche Unterhaltung Website … Deutsch Wikipedia
MTV — Страна … Википедия
MTV Films — Год основания 1996 Расположение … Википедия
MTV Germany — MTV Germany, früher MTV Central, ist die deutsche Version des Musiksenders MTV. MTV Germany Senderlogo … Deutsch Wikipedia
MTV — Senderlogo Allgemeine Informationen Empfang: Satellit … Deutsch Wikipedia
MTV Rossija — MTV (russisch MTV: Музыкальное телевидение, deutsch: MTV Musiksender ) ist die russische Version des Musikkanals MTV in Russland und Ländern der GUS. Er wird betrieben von der Firma MTV Rossija (russisch: MTV Россия), die auch den Telekanal VH1… … Deutsch Wikipedia
MTV Russia — MTV (russisch MTV: Музыкальное телевидение, deutsch: MTV Musiksender ) ist die russische Version des Musikkanals MTV in Russland und Ländern der GUS. Er wird betrieben von der Firma MTV Rossija (russisch: MTV Россия), die auch den Telekanal VH1… … Deutsch Wikipedia