- The Great Destroyer
- This article is about the album. For the machinima character, see List of characters in Red vs. Blue#The Great Destroyer. For the Nine Inch Nails song, see Year Zero.
The Great Destroyer Studio album by Low Released January 25, 2005 Recorded 2004 Genre Slowcore Length 52:48 Label Sub Pop Producer Dave Fridmann Low chronology Trust
The Great Destroyer
Drums & Guns
Professional ratings Review scores Source Rating Allmusic  Pitchfork Media (5.5/10)  Robert Christgau 
The Great Destroyer is a 2005 album by the slowcore band Low. It was their first recording on Sub Pop Records. "California", a song about Sparhawk's mother, was the first single, backed with a demo of "Cue the Strings". A remix EP of "Monkey", entitled "Tonight the Monkeys Die", soon followed. Music videos were created for both.
The title of the album (as well as the song "Silver Rider") is taken from the story within the album art.
- "Monkey" – 4:19
- "California" – 3:23
- "Everybody's Song" – 3:55
- "Silver Rider" – 5:03
- "Just Stand Back" – 3:04
- "On the Edge Of" – 3:49
- "Cue the Strings" – 3:30
- "Step" – 3:18
- "When I Go Deaf" – 4:41
- "Broadway (So Many People)" – 7:14
- "Pissing" – 5:08
- "Death of a Salesman" – 2:28
- "Walk into the Sea" – 2:56
Charts (2005) Peak
Belgium (Flanders) (Ultratop 50) 67 France (SNEP) 190 Ireland (IRMA) 30 United Kingdom (OCC) 72 United States Billboard Top Heatseekers 13 Billboard Top Independent Albums 19
- ^ a b The Great Destroyer - Low | AllMusic
- ^ Pitchfork: Album Reviews: Low: The Great Destroyer
- ^ Robert Christgau: CG: Low
- ^ a b Sub Pop Records : Low : California Single
- ^ a b Sub Pop Records : Low : Tonight The Monkeys Die
- ^ RELEVANT Magazine - Low, The Great Destroyer
- ^ "The Great Destroyer". Metacritic. http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/low/greatdestroyer. Retrieved 2008-03-13.
- ^ "Belgium: Top 100 Albums, Week Ending February 5, 2005". Hung Medien. http://www.ultratop.be/nl/weekchart.asp?year=2005&date=20050205&cat=a. Retrieved 2011-08-25.
- ^ "France: Top 200 Albums, Week Ending January 23, 2005". Hung Medien. http://lescharts.com/weekchart.asp?year=2005&date=20050123&cat=a. Retrieved 2011-08-25.
- ^ "Ireland: Top 75 Albums, Week Ending February 3, 2005". GfK. http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p%2Fmusicvideo%2Fmusic%2Farchive%2Findex_test.jsp&ct=240002&arch=t&lyr=2005&year=2005&week=5. Retrieved 2011-08-25.
- ^ "UK Chart position". ChartStats. http://www.chartstats.com/release.php?release=42271. Retrieved 2011-08-25.
- ^ a b "The Great Destroyer Charts & Awards". AllMusic. http://www.allmusic.com/album/the-great-destroyer-r727359/charts-awards. Retrieved 2011-08-25.
Studio albums Other albums EPs Singles Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
The Great Destroyer — est le 7e album du groupe de rock alternatif Low. Il marque leur première collaboration avec Sub Pop Records. Cet album est paru le 25 janvier 2005. Liste des titres Monkey California Everybody s Song Silver Rider Just Stand Back On the … Wikipédia en Français
The Great Release (Live) — Infobox Album Name = The Great Release Type = Album Artist = Floater Released = June 8 1999 Recorded = 1998 1999 Genre = Rock Length = Label = Elemental Producer = Reviews = Last album = Angels in the Flesh and Devils in the Bone (1998) This… … Wikipedia
The Great Release — Infobox Album Name = The Great Release Type = Album Artist = Floater Released = June 8 1999 Recorded = 1998 1999 Genre = Rock Length = Label = Elemental Producer = Reviews = Last album = Angels in the Flesh and Devils in the Bone (1998) This… … Wikipedia
King Sejong the Great class destroyer — The Sejong the Great class destroyers (Sejongdaewang Ham or Hangul: 세종대왕급 구축함), also known as KDX III, are guided missile destroyers of the Republic of Korea Navy. The lead ship was launched 25th May 2007, sponsored by Kwon Yang sook, the First… … Wikipedia
Gwanggaeto the Great class destroyer — The Gwanggaeto the Great class destroyers (Hangul 광개토대왕급 구축함), often called KD I class, are destroyers operated by the Republic of Korea Navy. It was the first phase of ROKN s KDX program, in moving the ROK Navy from a coastal defence force to a… … Wikipedia
ROKS Munmu the Great (DDH-976) — ROKN Munmu the Great (DDH 976) during the RIMPAC 2006 … Wikipedia
Museum and historic ships of the Great Lakes — This is a list of museum ships and boats of the Great Lakes, North America, including surviving hulls, museum and/or historic ships at risk, other surviving historic hulls and interesting partial ships of note, etc. Contents 1 Museum ships and… … Wikipedia
Conan the Great — cover of Conan the Great … Wikipedia
Sejong the Great — Infobox Monarch name =Sejong title =King of Joseon caption = reign =September 18, 1418 May 18, 1450 coronation =September 18, 1418 predecessor =Taejong of Joseon successor =Munjong of Joseon consort =Queen Soheon issue =Munjong of Joseon, Sejo of … Wikipedia
Isaac Asimov Presents The Great SF Stories 1 (1939) — is the first volume of Isaac Asimov Presents The Great SF Stories, which is a series of short story collections, edited by Isaac Asimov and Martin H. Greenberg, which attempts to list the great science fiction stories from the Golden Age of… … Wikipedia