- Lungfish (band)
Background information Origin Baltimore, Maryland, United States Genres Post-hardcore
Years active 1988–present Labels Dischord
Associated acts Cone of Light
June of 44
The Sonora Pine
Members Daniel Higgs
Past members John Chriest
Lungfish is a post-hardcore band formed in 1987 in Baltimore, Maryland. All of their music has been released by the Washington, D.C. punk label Dischord except for their first LP, Necklace of Heads which was released by Simple Machines (it was later added to the CD release of Talking Songs for Walking by Dischord).
Their line-up as of 2005 consists of Daniel Higgs (vocals), Asa Osborne (guitar), Sean Meadows (bass), and Mitchell Feldstein (drums). Previous bass players are John Chriest and Nathan Bell.
Daniel Higgs sang in the 80s hardcore/punk band Reptile House and has released numerous solo works under his own name and also Cone of Light. He has recently made numerous solo performances, usually with the long-necked banjo and jaw harp (his recent albums document this as well: 2006's Ancestral Songs and 2007's Metempsychotic Melodies).
Asa Osborne has released a CD and 7" with Charles Brohawn of The Tinklers under the name Tear Jerks. Osborne also released an album on Dischord in 2002 with Daniel Higgs under the name The Pupils. In early 2008 the record label Holy Mountain announced a new solo project by Osborne called Zomes.
Mitchell Feldstein has published two volumes of prose/poetry: "Hurl" on Apathy Press and "Teen Cardinal" on Shattered Wig Press. He also played drums with Arbouretum.
- 1989: Necklace of Heads
- 1991: Talking Songs for Walking
- 1993: Rainbows from Atoms
- 1994: Pass and Stow
- 1995: Sound in Time
- 1996: Indivisible
- 1997: Artificial Horizon
- 1999: The Unanimous Hour
- 2000: Necrophones
- 2003: Love Is Love
- 2005: Feral Hymns
Singles and compilation appearances
- 1990: "Nothing is Easy" on Simple Machines Records#1 "Wedge" 7", re-released on The Machines: Simple Machines 7"s (1990-1993) comp. (Simple Machines - SMR 19, 1994)
- 1990: "Nothing is Easy" (live version) on "Pre-Moon Syndrome Post Summer (of Noise) Celebration Week!"
- 1993: "Abraham Lincoln" on Simple Machines Working Holiday#2 "Working Holiday Series" split 7" (with The Tinklers)
- 1993: "Abraham Lincoln" on "The Machines Compilation CD"
- 1993: "Abraham Lincoln" on "Echoes from the Nation's Capital (A Washington D.C. Compilation) 1"
- 1994: "Abraham Lincoln" on Working Holiday! CD Compilation
- 1995: 10 East 3-song 7"
- 2002: "Friend to Friend In Endtime" on "Dischord 20th Anniversary Compilation"
Related projects: Daniel Higgs
- 1998: Cone of Light (as Cone of Light)
- 2002: The Pupils (as The Pupils with Asa Osborne)
- 2005: Magic Alphabet
- 2006: Plays the Mirror of the Apocalypse
- 2006: Ancestral Songs
- 2007: Atomic Yggdrasil Tarot (book & CD)
- 2007: Metempsychotic Melodies
- 2009: Devotional Songs of Daniel Higgs (cassette)
- 2009: Hymnprovisations for Banjo by the (A.I.U) with Piano & Raindrops
- 2010: Say God 
- 2010: "Clairaudience Fellowship" (with Twig Harper) 
- 2011: Peer Amid (with The Skull Defekts)
- 2011: Ultraterrestrial Harvest Hymns (cassette)
Zomes (Asa Osbourne Solo)
- 2007: Zomes
- 2011: Earth Grid
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Lungfish — For the band, see Lungfish (band). Lungfishes Temporal range: Early Devonian–Recent … Wikipedia
Wilderness (band) — Wilderness is a Baltimore based indie rock band currently signed to Jagjaguwar. Lead by the theatrical, chant like vocal style and lyrical presence of James Johnson, they are known to create a complex brand of post punk that heavily recalls art… … Wikipedia
Univox Hi-Flier — Univox Hi Flier … Википедия
Dig BMX — Issue 59 Cover of Dig BMX Magazine Editor Will Smyth Categories Sports Frequency Bi monthly Publisher … Wikipedia
Dischord Records discography — Dischord Records is a Washington, D.C. based independent record label specializing in the independent punk music of the D.C. area music scene. The company is co owned by Ian MacKaye and Jeff Nelson, who founded the label in December 1980. Before… … Wikipedia
List of characters in Psychonauts — AfDM|page=List of characters in Psychonauts|date=2008 October 11|substed=yes This article contains descriptions of the many characters who feature in the game Psychonauts . It also lists the names of the mental worlds found inside the minds of… … Wikipedia
respiration — respirational, adj. /res peuh ray sheuhn/, n. 1. the act of respiring; inhalation and exhalation of air; breathing. 2. Biol. a. the sum total of the physical and chemical processes in an organism by which oxygen is conveyed to tissues and cells,… … Universalium
muscle — muscleless, adj. muscly, adj. /mus euhl/, n., v., muscled, muscling, adj. n. 1. a tissue composed of cells or fibers, the contraction of which produces movement in the body. 2. an organ, composed of muscle tissue, that contracts to produce a… … Universalium
Diversity of fish — Fish come in many shapes and sizes. This is a sea dragon, a close relative of the seahorse. They are camouflaged to look like floating seaweed. … Wikipedia
All Tomorrow's Parties Festival lineups — This page lists past lineups for all past UK and US All Tomorrow s Parties music festivals, as well as other festivals the ATP organisation has been involved with such as the Pitchfork Music Festival and Primavera Sound. Unlike most music… … Wikipedia