- 100 (number)
hundredth (or, one hundredth)
Numeral system unary Factorization Divisors 1, 2, 4, 5, 10, 20, 25, 50, 100 Greek numeral ρʹ Roman numeral C Roman numeral (Unicode) C, ⅽ Arabic ١٠٠ Bengali ১০০ Chinese numeral 佰,百 Korean 백 Devanagari १०० Hebrew ק (Kuf) Khmer ១០០ Tamil ௱, க00 Thai ร้อย, ๑๐๐ prefixes Hundred Binary 1100100 Octal 144 Duodecimal 84 Hexadecimal 64
One hundred is the basis of percentages (per cent meaning "per hundred" in Latin), with 100% being a full amount.
It is the sum of the first nine prime numbers, as well as the sum of four pairs of prime numbers (47 + 53, 17 + 83, 3 + 97, 41 + 59), and the sum of the cubes of the first four integers (100 = 13 + 23 + 33 + 43). Also, 26 + 62 = 100, thus 100 is a Leyland number.
One hundred is also an 18-gonal number. It is divisible by the number of primes below it, 25 in this case. But it can not be expressed as the difference between any integer and the total of coprimes below it, making it a noncototient. However, it can be expressed as a sum of some of its divisors, making it a semiperfect number.
There are exactly 100 prime numbers whose digits are in strictly ascending order. (e.g. 239, 2357 etc.)
100 is the smallest number whose common logarithm is a prime number.
The atomic number of fermium is 100.
The U.S. hundred-dollar bill has Benjamin Franklin's portrait; the "Benjamin" is the largest U.S. bill in print. American savings bonds of $100 have Thomas Jefferson's portrait, while American $100 treasury bonds have Andrew Jackson's portrait.
In other fields
One hundred is also:
- The number of years in a century
- The number of pounds in an American short hundredweight
- The number of tiles in a standard Scrabble set for the languages, English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Esperanto, Finnish, Hungarian, Irish, Latin, Malaysian, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- In Greece, India, Israel and Nepal , 100 is the police telephone number.
- In Belgium, 100 is the ambulance and firefighter telephone number.
- In United Kingdom, 100 is the operator telephone number
- Hundred Days, aka the Waterloo Campaign
- "The First Hundred Days" is an arbitrary benchmark of a President of the United States' performance at the beginning of his or her term.
- 100 is the HTTP status code indicating that the client should continue with its request
When a TV series reaches 100 episodes, it is generally considered viable for syndication. (For shows picked up midseason, this point is generally reached during a prime time series' 5th season).
- The number of yards in an American football field (not including the end zones).
- The number of runs required for a cricket batsman to score a century, a significant milestone.
- The number of points required for a snooker cueist to score a century break, a significant milestone.
- The record number of points scored in one NBA game by a single player, set by Wilt Chamberlain of the Philadelphia Warriors on March 2, 1962 I
- The minimum distance in yards for a Par 3 on a golf course
- AFI's 100 Years...
- 100 Greatest Britons
- 100 Greatest Christmas Moments
- 100 Greatest Kids' TV shows
- Hundred (division)
- Hundred (word)
- Hundred Days
- Hundred Years' War
- List of highways numbered 100
- Top 100
- The Top 100 Crime Novels of All Time
- Top 100 winning pitchers of all time
- 100 Most Influential Books Ever Written
- ^ Insights, September 28, 2011.
- ^ A spread sheet issued by Spear's
- ^ Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack 2011, pp. 1270-72, lists of double hundreds, hundreds, fastest hundreds etc., ed. Scyld Berry, pub John Wisden & Co Ltd. (April 2011). ISBN 978-1408131305.
- ^ ESPN Cricinfo list of centuries http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/index.html?category=3;class=1
- ^ Wilt Chamberlain. (14 September 2010). In Basketball Legend Chamberlain Dies at 63. Retrieved September 14, 2010 from http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/nba/daily/oct99/13/chamberlain13.htm
- Wells, D. The Penguin Dictionary of Curious and Interesting Numbers London: Penguin Group. (1987): 133
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Pop 100 number-one hits of 2005 (USA) — These are the number one Pop 100 hits of 2005 per Billboard magazine . The Pop 100 is a chart created in February 2005 by Billboard . It ranks songs based on mainstream Top 40 radio airplay, singles sales, and digital downloads. It is a component … Wikipedia
Pop 100 number-one hits of 2006 (USA) — These are the number one Pop 100 hits of 2006 per Billboard magazine . The Pop 100 is a chart created in February 2005 by Billboard . It ranks songs based on mainstream Top 40 radio airplay, singles sales, and digital downloads. It is a component … Wikipedia
Pop 100 number-one hits of 2008 (USA) — These are the number one Pop 100 hits of 2008 per Billboard magazine . The Pop 100 is a chart created in February 2005 by Billboard . It ranks songs based on mainstream Top 40 radio airplay, singles sales, and digital downloads. Its airplay… … Wikipedia
Pop 100 number-one hits of 2007 (USA) — This is a list of the U.S. Billboard magazine Pop 100 number ones of 2007.Note that Billboard publishes charts with an issue date approximately 7 10 days in advance.ee also*2007 in music *Pop 100 number one hits of 2005 (USA) *Pop 100 number one… … Wikipedia
Hot 100 number-one hits of 1999 (United States) — This is a list of the U.S. Billboard magazine Hot 100 number ones of 1999.ee also*1999 in music *List of number one hits (United States) *Top Hot 100 Hits of 1999 *Top 40 Mainstream number one hits of 1999 (USA) *Number one dance hits of 1999… … Wikipedia
Cashbox Top 100 number-one singles of 1969 — These are the number one singles of 1969 according to the Top 100 Singles chart in Cash Box magazine.References*http://members.aol.com/ ht a/randypny2/cashbox/1969.html *http://www.cashboxmagazine.com/archives/60s files/1969.html… … Wikipedia
Hot 100 number-one hits of 1983 (United States) — These are the Billboard Hot 100 number one hits of 1983.ee also*1983 in music *Cashbox Top 100 singles of 1983 *List of number one hits (United States) *Number one dance hits of 1983 (USA) *R B number one hits of 1983 (USA) … Wikipedia
Cashbox Top 100 number-one singles of 1984 — These are the Top 100 number one singles of 1984 from Cash Box magazineReferences*http://members.aol.com/ ht a/randypny3/cashbox/1984.html *http://www.cashboxmagazine.com/archives/80s files/1984.html *http://musicseek.info/no1hits/1984.htmee… … Wikipedia
Cashbox Top 100 number-one singles of 1979 — These are the Top 100 number one singles of 1979 from Cash Box magazineReferences*http://cashboxmagazine.com/archives/70s files/1979.htmlee also*1979 in music *List of number one hits (United States) *Hot 100 number one hits of 1979 (USA) by… … Wikipedia
Cashbox Top 100 number-one singles of 1986 — These are the number one singles of 1986 according to the Top 100 Singles chart in Cash Box magazine.References*http://members.aol.com/ ht a/randypny4/cashbox/1986.html *http://www.cashboxmagazine.com/archives/80s files/1986.html… … Wikipedia