- 2007 in India
Centuries:19th • 20th • 21st Decades: See also: Other events of 2007
List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
- President of India – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam until July 25, Pratibha Patil
- Prime Minister of India – Manmohan Singh
- January–November – Nandigram violence - Clashes between opposition parties, the governing Communist Party of India (Marxist) and police in Nandigram, West Bengal. On 14 March, 14 villagers were killed in police firing.
- January 10 – India launches four satellites at a time with their PSLV-C7 rocket, including the SRE-1 test article, which will return to Earth in a test for a future Indian manned spaceflight program.
- January 17 – Protests occur in India and the United Kingdom against the British series of Celebrity Big Brother after Jade Goody, Danielle Lloyd and Jo O'Meara were alleged to have been racially abusive towards Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty.
- January 22 – Indian spacecraft SRE 1 successfully completes a twelve-day orbital test flight, making India one of the few nations to return a craft from orbit.
- January 24 – India and Russia agree to jointly develop fifth-generation stealth fighter jets.
- February 18 – 2007 Samjhauta Express bombings: Islamist militants from the Lashkar-e-Taiba organization set off a bomb on the Samjhauta Express, a twice-weekly train service connecting Delhi, India, and Lahore, Pakistan. Bombs were set off in two carriages, both filled with passengers, just after the train passed Diwana station near the Indian city of Panipat, 80 kilometres (50 mi) north of New Delhi. 68 people were killed in the ensuing fire and dozens more were injured.
- February 20 – A river boat carrying children on a school trip on the Periyar River in southern India capsizes, killing at least 18 students and four teachers.
- March 4 – Sunil Kumar Mahato, an Indian member of parliament from the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha, is killed by suspected Maoist rebels while he was attending a local football match in Jharkand organised to mark the Hindu festival of Holi.
- March 15 – Naxalite rebels attack a police outpost in the Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, India, killing at least 49 officers and looting their weapons.
- April 16 – At least 11 people die in southern India as a passenger train runs into a minibus carrying local officials near the village of Thirumatpur in Tamil Nadu.
- May 18 – 18 May 2007 Hyderabad Bombing: 9 people are killed in a bomb blast at the Mecca Masjid mosque in the Indian city of Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. 
- July 19 – Prathiba Patil is elected as the first female President of India.
- August 25 – Forty-four people are dead after two bombs explode in Hyderabad.
- August – India and the United States release the text of 123 agreement. This has been very controversial in the Indian political environment with both Left and NDA opposing the UPA over the issue.
- November 11 – Miss India-Earth Pooja Chitgopekar won in Miss Earth 2007 beauty pageant as Miss Earth-Air (1st-runner up) held in Manila, Philippines.
- November 21 – Calcutta - Protests over Bangladeshi feminist writer Taslima Nasreen turn into deadly riots; troops are deployed.
- December 22 – Narendra Modi led government in Gujarat completes its term.
- 27 January - Kamleshwar, writer, screenwriter, critic and essayist (b.1932).
- 28 January - O. P. Nayyar, film music director and composer (b.1926).
- 2 February - Vijay Arora, actor (b.1946).
- 4 March - Sunil Kumar Mahato, politician, assassinated (b.1966).
- 5 April - Leela Majumdar, writer (b.1908).
- 5 April - Poornachandra Tejaswi, writer and novelist (b.1938).
- 13 April - Dhulipala Seetharama Sastry, actor (b.1921).
- 27 May - Ibrahim Saeed, journalist, editor and scholar (b.1945).
- 27 May - G. Srinivasan, film producer (b.1958).
- 13 June - Ramchandra Gandhi, philosopher, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi (b.1937).
- 15 June - Dr. Mohamad Abdul Tayyab, agricultural scientist (b.1932).
- 2 July - Dilip Sardesai, cricketer (b.1940).
- 8 July - Chandra Shekhar, politician, 11th Prime Minister of India (b.1927).
- 21 August - Qurratulain Hyder, novelist and short story writer, academic and journalist (b.1926).
- 10 October - S. R. Bommai, politician and Chief Minister of Karnataka (b.1924).
- 11 October - Sri Chinmoy, spiritual teacher and philosopher (b.1931).
- 27 October - Satyen Kappu, actor (b.1931).
- 21 December - Teji Bachchan, wife of poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan and mother of actor, Amitabh Bachchan.
- 25 December - G. P. Sippy, film producer and director (b.1914).
2010s2010 · 2011 2000s 1990s 1980s 1970s 1960s 1950s 1940s 2007 in Asia Sovereign
- Burma (Myanmar)
- People's Republic of China
- East Timor (Timor-Leste)
- North Korea
- South Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
States with limited
- Northern Cyprus
- Republic of China (Taiwan)
- South Ossetia
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- Hong Kong
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
April 2007 in India — April 2007 is the fourth month of that year. It begun on a Sunday and will end after 30 days, on a Monday … Wikipedia
March 2007 in India — March 2007 is the third month of that year. It begun on a Thursday and ended after 31 days, on a Saturday … Wikipedia
May 2007 in India — … Wikipedia
June 2007 in India — … Wikipedia
July 2007 in India — … Wikipedia
October 2007 in India — … Wikipedia
2007 North Indian Ocean cyclone season — Season summary map First storm formed: May 3, 2007 Last storm dissipated: November 16, 2007 … Wikipedia
2007 Nehru Cup — 2007 ONGC Nehru Cup Tournament details Host country India … Wikipedia
India — ] Tribals constitute 8.1% of the population.cite web |title=Tribes: Introduction |publisher= Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India |url=http://tribal.nic.in/introduction.html |accessmonthday=April 12 |accessyear=2007|work= National… … Wikipedia
2007-08 A1 Grand Prix of Nations, Zhuhai, China — A1GP race summary v2 country race=Zuhai, China race no=4 of 10 season=2007 08 race circuit=ZIC.gif date=December 16, 2007 circuit=Zhuhai International Circuit city=Zhuhai country=China weather= pole pole team=Germany pole driver=M.Ammermüller… … Wikipedia