- Al-Ghurair Group
company_name = Al-Ghurair Group.
company_type = Privately held company
company_| foundation = 1960| location = flagicon|UAE
Dubai, UAE- Al Ghurair Group, PO Box #1, Salah Al-Din Road, Deira, Dubai, UAE(Head Office / Registered Office) | key_people = Saif Ahmad Al Ghurair, Abdullah Al Ghurair & Abdul Aziz Al Ghurair
Manufacturing, Investments, Banking, Insurance, Shipping, Electro-mechanical, Power, Retail, Trading, Fast Moving Consumer Goods& Industries, Construction, Cement, Aluminum& Marble, Real Estate, Shopping Mall, Packaging and labelling, Education, Wireless, Telecommunication
num_employees = ~25,000 (Approximately on or before Jan 2006)
slogan = Growth in all directions.
homepage = [http://www.alghurair.com/ www.alghurair.com]
Al Ghurair Group — (
Arabic:مجموعة الغرير); is a main business group contributing to the economy of Dubai and the UAE. Abdulla Al Ghurair& Saif Ahmad Al Ghurairare pioneers of the business society and pillars of the community. Abdulla Al Ghurairis 77th richest in the world, [http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/10/JDP8.html Source] . The Group is family owned and managed. Al Ghurair Group has been in business for over 100 years (i.e Formation of the company took place during 1960, but was operating from 1900) with expertise in retail, industry and manufacturing. Al Ghurair is one of three biggest exporting & importing company in UAE. Al Ghurair Group is one of the Largest Conglomerates operating in and around the UAE region, with a presence in more than 20 countries.
Al Ghurair's family legacy can be traced back to his father Ahmad Al Ghurair who established Al Ghurair Group in 1960. The family name has been a fixture in the UAE business community since then, spreading farther through his sons Saif, Abdullah, Majid, Marwan and Jomaa.
His ExcellencySaif Al Ghurair inherited Al Ghurair Group.
Abdullah Al Ghurair is brother to
Saif Ahmad Al Ghurair, both owns various business. Abdul Aziz Al Ghurairis the nephew of Saif Ahmad Al Ghurair, "Abdul Aziz Al Ghurair Group" is know as "Abdulla A. Al Ghurair Group of Companies" Abdul Aziz Al GhurairGroup investment is fully diversified with major business interests in Bank (Mashreq bank pronounced as Mushreq bank), Insurance, Shipping, Electro-Mechanical, Education, Power, Retail, Trading, Natural food services & Industries, Construction, Cement, Aluminum & Marble amongst others. Abdul Aziz Al Ghurairis 77th richest in the world, [http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/10/JDP8.html Source] . Saif Ahmad Al GhurairGroup is one of the most powerful players in the UAE's real estate and manufacturing sectors. The Saif Ahmad Al Ghurair family owns and leads the different business units of the group. Majid Saif Al-Ghurair is listed on the Young Global Leaders - Business List.
Saif Ahmad Al GhurairGroup operates eight or more strategic business units that are part of three main lines of businesses [LOB’s] — Real Estate and Shopping Malls. — Manufacturing (Packaging Solutions and Aluminum). — Investments. Al Ghurair Group are local franchisees for the most popular brands in the world.
Some of the companies are centrally managed by AGI , Al Ghurair Group Investments.
* 1976: Gulf Extrusions incorporated.
* 1982: Arabian Packaging incorporated.
* 1983: Al Ghurair family opens Al Ghurair Center, the first shopping center in Dubai
* 1990: Fertiliser, Fertiliser Raw materials and Minerals - Tradeline LLC
* 1991: Burjuman Mall opens for public.
* 1991: Arabian Packaging moves to 10,000 sqm factory and installs the largest line of corrugators in UAE.
* 1994: Al Ghurair Group, Private Company established.
* 1994: Steel and Non:Ferrous metals - Tradeline LLC
* 1996: Arabian Packaging is the first packaging company in the GCC to achieve ISO 9002 Certification.
* 1996: Agro:Commodities - Tradeline LLC
* 1998: Dubai Poly Film set-up the first BOPP plant with a 8,000 TPa capacity to be the largest producer of BOPP in the GCC and the Middle East.
* 1998: Trans Gulf Aluminium Co - Tradeline LLC
* 1999: Arabian Can Industry inaugurated and starts production.
* 2000: Bitumen & Petro:chemicals - Tradeline LLC
* 2000: Dubai Poly Film awarded ISO 9002 Certification.
* 2000: Arabian Packaging installs Martin Mini FFg 618 casemaker.
* 2000: Mr. Ahmad Saif Al Ghurair receives the Silver Box award from Martin.
* 2000: Gulf Extrusion expands its capacity and adds a third extrusion line.
* 2002: Burjuman invests AED 1.4 billion in expansion to have entire project area convert|4400000|sqft|m2.
* 2002: Gulf Extrusions receives ISO 9002 Certification.
* 2002: Al Ghurair Group invests AED 200 million in a new shopping mall targeting middle income families.
* 2003: Saif Al Ghurair donates 2 million
United Arab Emirates dirhamin the fund raising campaign launched by Sheikh Mohamed Bin Rashed Al Maktoum foundation for humanitarian and charity works to support the Iraqi people.
* 2003: Burjuman expansion reaches the final construction phase with 66% of the project completed and 100% of retail space leased out.
* 2003: Al Ghurair Group is the first major organization in UAE to migrate to Linux. Al Ghurair uses Linux as a platform for all Enterprise business applications (i.e Oracle e-Business Suite, DNS, Mail etc.,) & Desktops / Laptops.
* 2003: Al Ghurair Group implements eAM in Gulf Extrusions and becomes the only organization in the region to have representation in Oracle eAM customer Advisory Board from Europe, Middle East and Africa Region.
* 2005: Tradeline Crusher Management - Tradeline LLC
* 2006: Al Ghurair Iron & Steel L.L.C. : UAE’s first Integrated Cold Rolling & Galvanizing Steel Complex
Saif Ahmad Al Ghurair
Abdul Aziz Al Ghurair
ETA Star Group
TransAsia Gas International
* [http://www.stockhouse.com/News/CanadianReleasesDetail.aspx?n=6960058 TransAsia to Relocate 100,000-Barrel Refinery From Italy to Pakistan]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Saif Ahmad Al Ghurair — Seif Ahmad Al Ghurair Occupation Chairman Director Al Ghurair Group Net worth Leading Businessmen in UAE Saif Ahmad Al Ghurair is CEO of Dubai … Wikipedia
Abdul Aziz Al Ghurair — (born 1954), of the United Arab Emirates, is the Chief Executive Officer of the publicly traded MashreqBank, the family s most valuable holding worth an estimated $8 billion.Head of Mashreqbank, a leading United Arab Emirates commercial bank… … Wikipedia
Al Ghurair University — is a university founded by the Al Ghurair Group, the business group behind several United Arab Emirates organizations like Mashreq Bank, Al Ghurair Retail City, National Cement Company, Arabian Aluminium, ETA Ascon Group etc. External links *… … Wikipedia
ETA Star Group — is a multi specialty investment company headsquarted in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It is a subsidiary of the Al Ghurair Group also based in Dubai. [ [http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data/business/2007/October/business… … Wikipedia
Liste des milliardaires du monde en 2008 — Liste des milliardaires du monde 1991 ... 2004 . 2005 . 2006 . 2007 . 2008 . 2009 . 2010 . 2011 Ceci est la liste des milliardaires du monde telle que publiée par le magazine américain Forbes pour l année … Wikipédia en Français
Liste des milliardaires du monde en 2009 — Liste des milliardaires du monde 1991 ... 2004 . 2005 . 2006 . 2007 . 2008 . 2009 . 2010 . 2011 Ceci est la liste des milliardaires du monde telle que publiée par le magazine américain Forbes pou … Wikipédia en Français
List of United Arab Emiratis — This is a list of prominent United Arab Emirates nationals. Royal Families*Abu Dhabi: Al Nahyan. *Dubai: Al Maktoum. *Sharjah: Al Qassimi. *Ajman: Al Nuaimi. *Umm Al Quwain: Al Mu alla. *Ras Al Khaimah: Al Qassimi. *Fujairah: Al Sharqi.*Sheikh… … Wikipedia
List of United Arab Emirates-related topics — This is a list of topics related to United Arab Emirates. Those interested in the subject can monitor changes to the pages by clicking on Related changes in the sidebar.United Arab Emirates* United Arab Emirates * List of shopping malls in the… … Wikipedia
TransAsia Gas International — is Dubai, United Arab Emirates based petrolium company. TransAsia Gas International is an subsidiary of the Al Ghurair Group also based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. This company is involved in building oil refineriries in Middle East and… … Wikipedia
Mashreq Bank — Infobox Company company name = Mashreqbank psc company type = Public foundation = 1967 location = Dubai, United Arab Emirates key people = Abdullah Al Ghurair(Chairman of the board), Abdul Aziz Al Ghurair(CEO) industry = Financial Services… … Wikipedia