- DLR Band
DLR Band Studio album by David Lee Roth Released June 9, 1998 Recorded Ocean Entertainment studios in Burbank, CA and Mama Joe's studios in North Hollywood, CA Genre Hard rock Length 51:19 Label Wawazat!! Records Producer wawazat!! David Lee Roth chronology Your Filthy Little Mouth
Professional ratings Review scores Source Rating Allmusic 
DLR Band is the fifth full-length studio album by David Lee Roth, the then-former and now current vocalist of Van Halen. It was released in 1998 and remains the only installment on Roth's own wawazat!! label.
DLR Band was recorded and mixed in ten days, a technique Roth had not utilized since 1979's Van Halen II. John Lowery (aka John 5) and Mike Hartman played guitar on the record. Hartman actually performed double duty for the record, performing bass guitar under the "B'ourbon Bob" pseudonym.
DLR Band met with favorable reviews upon release, especially in comparison to his previous two solo efforts (1991's A Li'l Ain't Enough and 1994's Your Filthy Little Mouth). However, with little promotion and limited distribution from his own smaller label, the album failed to make a significant mark commercially. Further hurting the album's sales was Roth's inexplicable reluctance to embark on a support tour. In fact, Roth did not hit the road to promote the album until several months into 1999, often in sporadic increments. To add further confusion as to Roth's motives for the album's promotion, little to no material from DLR Band was performed in concert.
Both John Lowery and Mike Hartman failed to join Roth's band for the DLR Band support tour, leaving Roth to find yet another guitarist. The singer chose Bart Walsh, a Los Angeles, CA player who had previously performed as a part of the Van Halen tribute band, The Atomic Punks. The setlists on the DLR Band tour relied heavily on Van Halen material, with some older solo cuts and various covers sprinkled in.
Two tracks from DLR Band, "Indeedido" and "King of the Hill," would later appear on Mike Hartman's solo release, Black Glue, as "Southern Romp" and "Stomp," respectively. Penned by Hartman, both tracks would be remixed and made instrumental for Hartman's release.
The album's cover artwork features a picture of model Bettie Page.
- "Slam Dunk!" (David Lee Roth, John Lowery, Bob Marlette) – 2:37
- "Blacklight" (Roth, Lowery, Marlette) – 3:41
- "Counter-Blast" (Roth, Lowery, Marlette) – 3:14
- "Lose the Dress (Keep The Shoes)" (Roth, Terry Kilgore) – 3:13
- "Little Texas" (Roth, Lowery, Marlette) – 3:20
- "King of the Hill" (Roth, Mike Hartman) – 3:52
- "Going Places..." (Roth, Kilgore) – 5:19
- "Wa Wa Zat!!" (Roth, Lowery, Marlette) – 2:54
- "Relentless" (Roth, Lowery, Marlette) – 3:30
- "Indeedido" (Roth, Hartman) – 3:11
- "Right Tool for the Job" (Roth, Kilgore) – 3:24
- "Tight" (Roth, Kilgore) – 4:08
- "Weekend With the Babysitter" (Roth, Lowery, Marlette) – 3:36
- "Black Sand" (Roth, Kilgore) – 5:20
- David Lee Roth - Harmonica, Vocals, Cover Art Concept
- B'urbon Bob - Bass
- Mike Hartman - Guitar
- Terry Kilgore - Synthesizer, Guitar
- Tom Lilly - Bass
- John 5 - Guitar
- Ray Luzier - Drums
- Jeffrey Thomas - Assistant Engineer
- Erich Gobel - Assistant Engineer
- Kendall Johnson - Art Direction, Design
- Kieren McClelland - Mastering
- Michael Migliozzi - Art Direction, Design
- Erwin Musper - Engineer, Mastering, Mixing
- Bunny Yeager - Photography
- ^ Allmusic review
- ^ Interview with Mike Hartman, RoughEdge.com, 1999.
- ^ a b Mike Hartman Interview, Van Halen News Desk, 1999.
Former guitarists Former bassists Former drummers Former keyboardistsBrett Tuggle EPs Albums CompilationsThe Best Songs Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
DLR Band — Studioalbum von David Lee Roth Veröffentlichung 9. Juni 1998 Label Wawazat!! Records Format … Deutsch Wikipedia
DLR — may refer to: Debout la République (trans: Arise the Republic), a political party in France Deutsche Luft Reederei, the first German airline Deutsches Zentrum für Luft und Raumfahrt (trans: German Aerospace Center) the space agency of Germany… … Wikipedia
DLR-TUBSAT — Land: Deutschland Behörde: DLR Missionsdaten Masse: 45kg Größe: 0.32x0.32x0.32m³ Start: 1999 05 27 … Deutsch Wikipedia
Julia Hummer Band — Julia Hummer (* 24. April 1980 in Hagen) ist eine deutsche Filmschauspielerin und Musikerin. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 Leben 2 Filmografie 3 Hörbücher und Hörspiele 4 Diskografie 4.1 … Deutsch Wikipedia
David Lee Roth — David … Deutsch Wikipedia
John 5 (guitarist) — Infobox Musical artist Name = John 5 Img capt = John 5 with an Ibanez Ax120 Img size = 200 Background = non vocal instrumentalist Birth name = John William Lowery Alias = John 5 Born = birth date and age|1971|07|31 Grosse Pointe, Michigan, US… … Wikipedia
Ray Luzier — Infobox musical artist Name = Ray Luzier Img capt = Ray Luzier s instructional DVD Background = non vocal instrumentalist Birth name = Raymond Luzier Born = 1970 Pennsylvania Died = Instrument = drums Genre = Nu metal Alternative metal Industrial … Wikipedia
David Lee Roth — Diamond Dave redirects here. For the album, see Diamond Dave (album). For the song by The Bird and the Bee, see Diamond Dave (song). David Lee Roth David Lee Roth, 2007 Backgrou … Wikipedia
David Lee Roth discography — David Lee Roth discography David Lee Roth, 2007 Releases ↙Studio albums 6 … Wikipedia
Diamond Dave (album) — Diamond Dave Studio album by David Lee Roth Released July 8, 2003 … Wikipedia