- Outlaw Volleyball
Outlaw Volleyball Developer(s) Hypnotix Publisher(s) Simon & Schuster Interactive
TDK Mediactive (Xbox EUR)
Global Star Software (PS2)
Platform(s) PlayStation 2, Xbox Release date(s) Xbox
- NA July 9, 2003
- JP October 23, 2003
- PAL November 7, 2003
- PAL April 8, 2004
- NA May 17, 2005
Genre(s) Sports Mode(s) Single player, multiplayer Rating(s) ESRB: Mature (M)
Outlaw Volleyball is a video game based on the sport of volleyball. It was originally published for Xbox and included a sampler CD of tunes by cover band Diffuser. It was later ported to PlayStation 2 with two new courts and a handful of additional player costumes, accessories, etc. under the title Outlaw Volleyball Remixed. The game features Steve Carell as the announcer.
The game follows the normal rules of volleyball and a standard game with standard rules can be played. However, there are a number of different modes that mix up the standard formula. One example is Hot Potato, where the ball is played as a timer ticks down, and once it runs out the ball explodes upon impact of the nearest player. Another is "Casino Round", where the longer the volley, the more money the scoring team on that play gets. Individual settings can also be altered within these modes, such as adjusting whether only the serving team can score a point ("side out" rule) or any team who wins the volley gets a point.
Fighting with other characters in an option before a serve where a player can choose to fight an opponent on the other side of the net. If the player wins they earn the victim's momentum bar. Beating tokens are earned after great plays and a turnover of the serve.
Locations on the Tour:
- Tar Beach, The Bronx, New York
- The Big House, Joliet, Illinois
- Colon Avenue, Staten Island, New York
- Stinky Falls, Newark, New Jersey
- Coney Island, Brooklyn, New York
- Third Rail Junction, Queens, New York
- The Ice Box, Antarctica
- The Bone Yard, Salem, Massachusetts
- Jungle Fever, Somewhere in Peru
- Casa de Guapo, Fundijo Canyon, Mexico
- Leon, an African-American jock.
- Lizzy, a punk girl.
- El Suave, a sort of "Don Juan".
- Shawnee, a Native American young woman.
- Ice Trey, an R'n'B Singer.
- Doe Joe, a Japanese fan of Elvis.
- Summer, the stereotype of the stupid and sexy blonde girl.
- Clem, an hillbilly man.
- Donna, a sort of Italian "Queen Bee".
- Chica, a proud Puerto Rican woman.
- Natasha, a cold Russian soldier.
- Harley, a biker chick.
- Harvest, an hippie girl.
- Killer Miller, a bad assassin.
- Nikki, a rock'n'roll fan.
- Scrummy, an alcoholic Irishman.
Outlaw Volleyball Red Hot!
Released as a rental-only exclusive for Blockbuster, and meant to serve as a side game to the original rather than a full-fledged sequel. The game is set in Hell and contains only one court, the "Pit of Hell", which wasn't in the original Outlaw Volleyball. Returning characters also had slight outfit variants to reflect the setting, like red horns and devil wings. The game can now be found at many used game retailers.
Outlaw Golf series Spin-offsOutlaw Tennis • Outlaw Volleyball This article about a summer sports video game is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.