- East Midlands Ambulance Service
The East Midlands Ambulance Service (EMAS) is the NHS ambulance service serving the
East Midlandsregion of England. It is one of 12 Ambulance Trusts providing England with Emergency medical services, and is part of the National Health Service, receiving direct government funding for its role. There is no charge to patients for use of the service, and under the Patient's charter, every person in the United Kingdom has the right to the attendance of an ambulance in an emergency.
A combined service for the East Midlands was originally formed in April 1999, by the merger of the
Derbyshire, Nottinghamshireand Leicestershire(including Rutland) ambulance services.
The East Midlands Ambulance Service was reconfigured on
July 1, 2006and its operating area was expanded to include Northamptonshire(previously covered by the Two Shires Ambulance Service) and Lincolnshire(previously covered by the Lincolnshire Ambulance Service). However, Glossop in the north of Derbyshire is serviced by the North West Ambulance Service (formerley Greater Manchester Ambulance Service). The merger with the Lincolnshire authority was opposed by [http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/lincolnshire/4988826.stm some people] . North and North East Lincolnshire, although part of the Yorkshire and the Humberregion were historically part of the Lincolnshire Ambulance Service, due to the difficulties of providing cover across the Humber. Although for some time the two areas were covered by the Humberside Ambulance Service up to 1996 they then reverted to the Lincolnshire service.
Emergency medical services in the United Kingdom
* [http://beehive.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/default.asp?WCI=SiteHome&ID=4781 Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire Air Ambulance] (based at
* [http://www.countyairambulance.com County Air Ambulance] - 11 counties including Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rutland and based at
East Midlands Airport
* [http://www.wnaa.co.uk Warwickshire & Northamptonshire Air Ambulance] - based at
* [http://www.emas.nhs.uk East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust]
* [http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/derbyshire/6705261.stm Ilkeston paramedic stole bank cards from dead patient in 2005]
* [http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/leicestershire/5133158.stm Formation of service in July 2006]
* [http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/leicestershire/4155947.stm Leicestershire ambulanceman jailed for seven years for 17 sex attacks in 2005]
* [http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/1860906.stm Chief Executive suspended in 2002 for telling a crew to ignore a 999 call]
* [http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/1566671.stm Paramedic loses eye when vandal throws brick through window in Derbyshire in 2001]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Northern Ireland Ambulance Service — Ambulance in Ann Street, Belfast, October 2009 The Northern Ireland Ambulance Service (NIAS) is the ambulance service that serves the whole of Northern Ireland. As with other ambulance services in the United Kingdom, it does not charge its… … Wikipedia
North East Ambulance Service — Map of North East Ambulance Service s coverage The North East Ambulance Service NHS Trust (NEAS) is the authority responsible for providing NHS ambulance services in North East England, covering the counties of County Durham, Northumberland and… … Wikipedia
North West Ambulance Service — Map of North West Ambulance Service s coverage The North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust (NWAS) was formed on 1 July 2006 as part of Health Minister Lord Warner s plans to reduce the number of NHS ambulance service trusts operating in the United … Wikipedia
Midlands Air Ambulance — Eurocopter EC 135 G HWAA based at Strensham The Midlands Air Ambulance (formerly County Air Ambulance) is a United Kingdom regional helicopter emergency medical service. … Wikipedia
County Air Ambulance — The County Air Ambulance Trust is a United Kingdom regional helicopter emergency medical service. It operates three Eurocopter EC 135 helicopters during daylight hours as air ambulances in the Midlands region of England.HistoryThe County Air… … Wikipedia
Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service — area Coverage Area Northamptonshire Size 2,364 km² … Wikipedia
Liste Des Services D'ambulance Au Royaume-Uni — Ceci est la liste des services d ambulance au Royaume Uni : Service d ambulance Zone couverte au RU Northern Ireland Ambulance Service Irlande du Nord Scottish Ambulance Service Écosse Welsh Ambulance Service Pays de Galles Services d… … Wikipédia en Français
Liste des services d'ambulance au Royaume-Uni — Ceci est la liste des services d ambulance au Royaume Uni : Service d ambulance Zone couverte au RU Northern Ireland Ambulance Service Irlande du Nord Scottish Ambulance Service Écosse Welsh Ambulance Service Pays de Galles Services d… … Wikipédia en Français
Liste des services d'ambulance au royaume-uni — Ceci est la liste des services d ambulance au Royaume Uni : Service d ambulance Zone couverte au RU Northern Ireland Ambulance Service Irlande du Nord Scottish Ambulance Service Écosse Welsh Ambulance Service Pays de Galles Services d… … Wikipédia en Français
West Midlands Police — Abbreviation WMP Logo of the West Midlands Police. Motto … Wikipedia