- Municipal district
- In Canada Municipal Districts are Census subdivisions for the administration of rural areas including farmlands and unincorporated places such as hamlets. Municipal Districts are managed by elected councils, or in the case of special municipalities by councilors appointed by each province's Lieutenant-Governor.
- In the Dominican Republic when a municipality consists of more than one urban center those beside the municipalities seat can be elevated to the status of a municipal district (distrito municipal). A municipal council (Junta Municipal) for such a municipal district is nominated by the municipal council of the municipality to which it belongs (Ley 3455 Titulo I Capitulo IV).
- In Russia, municipal districts are a form of local self-government, and one of the types of municipal formations. They are usually (but not always) formed within the borders of existing administrative districts.
- List of census subdivisions in Ontario
- List of municipal districts in Alberta
- List of Prince Edward Island counties
- Rural municipality
- ^ Congreso Nacional. "Ley No. 3455, Organización Municipal, del 18 de diciembre del 1952" (in Spanish) (PDF). http://www.fedomu.org.do/docs/ley_3455.pdf. Retrieved 2007-03-02.
- ^ Государственная Дума Российской Федерации. Федеральный Закон №131-ФЗ от 06.10.2003 «Об общих принципах организации местного самоуправления в Российской Федерации», в ред. Федерального Закона №260-ФЗ от 08.11.2007. (State Duma of the Russian Federation. Federal Law #131-FZ of October 6, 2003 On General Principles of the Organization of Local Self-Government in the Russian Federation, as amended by the Federal Law #260-FZ of November 8, 2007. ).
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
municipal district — /mjuˌnɪsəpəl ˈdɪstrɪkt/ (say myooh.nisuhpuhl distrikt) noun (in Tasmania) an area of land delineated for the purposes of local government; three such areas, Hobart, Launceston, and Glenorchy, are also cities … Australian English dictionary
municipal district — noun : a chiefly rural unit of local government in Canada and in some parts of Australia … Useful english dictionary
Municipal District of Lesser Slave River No. 124, Alberta — Infobox Settlement official name = Lesser Slave River No.124 other name = native name = nickname = settlement type = Municipal district motto = imagesize = image caption = flag size = image seal size = image shield = shield size = city logo =… … Wikipedia
Taber, Alberta (municipal district) — Municipal District of Taber Municipal district … Wikipedia
Yarmouth, Nova Scotia (municipal district) — Yarmouth Municipal district Flag … Wikipedia
Digby, Nova Scotia (municipal district) — Digby Municipal district Location of Digby Municipal District … Wikipedia
Shelburne, Nova Scotia (municipal district) — Shelburne Municipal district … Wikipedia
Chester Municipal District, Nova Scotia — This article is about the municipal district. For the village, see Chester, Nova Scotia (community). Chester Municipal district … Wikipedia
Obuasi Municipal District — District Districts of Ashanti … Wikipedia
Mampong Municipal District — District Districts of Ashanti … Wikipedia