- Northwick Park tube station
Location of Northwick Park in Greater London
Location Northwick Park Local authority London Borough of Brent Managed by London Underground Number of platforms 2 Fare zone 4 Interchange Kenton  London Underground annual entry and exit 2008 3.740 million 2009 3.617 million 2010 3.480 million 1923 Opened List of stations Underground · National Rail
It is close to Northwick Park Hospital, the Harrow campus of the University of Westminster, and the suburb of Kenton. Kenton station on the Bakerloo Line and London Overground's Watford DC Line is within walking distance. If a journey is chosen between the northern end of the Metropolitan line and stations on the Watford DC line on Transport for London's journey planner, walking between Kenton and Northwick Park is generally given as the quickest route.
- 2 August 1880: Metropolitan Railway passes through here en route to Harrow
- 19 July 1908: line electrified
- 28 June 1923: station opened as "Northwick Park and Kenton"
- 15 March 1937: renamed "Northwick Park"
- ^ "Out of Station Interchanges" (Microsoft Excel). Transport for London. May 2011. http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/67647/response/172834/attach/3/OSI%20Report%20May2011FR%20V2%2017012011.xls. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- ^ a b c "Customer metrics: entries and exits". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. 2003-2010. http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/corporate/modesoftransport/tube/performance/default.asp?onload=entryexit. Retrieved 8 May 2011.
Preceding station London Underground Following station Metropolitan line Metropolitan line StationsCentral London sectionCore sectionUxbridge branchOuter section & branches
Click to enlarge
Rolling stockPresent rolling stock HistoryFormer companiesClosed stationsFormer stationsTransferred linesFormer rolling stockFormer locomotivesMetro-Land Future proposalsCroxley Rail linkFuture rolling stockS Stock (Currently being rolled out)OtherWest Hampstead interchange
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Moor Park tube station — Moor Park Main entrance, on the northbound side … Wikipedia
Northwick Park (métro de Londres) — Northwick Park Entrée de la station Localisation District de … Wikipédia en Français
Northwick Park — This article is about the area in London. For the estate in Gloucestershire, see Northwick Park, Gloucestershire. Coordinates: 51°34′30″N 0°19′29″W / 51.5750°N 0.3248°W … Wikipedia
Preston Road tube station — is a station on the Metropolitan Line in London. It is in Zone 4, and lies between Northwick Park tube station and Wembley Park.It is served by slow trains (fast and semi fast trains are non stop between Wembley Park and Harrow on the Hill… … Wikipedia
Northwood Hills tube station — Northwood Hills … Wikipedia
Marlborough Road tube station — Marlborough Road Location Place St. John s Wood History Opened by … Wikipedia
North Harrow tube station — North Harrow … Wikipedia
Chesham tube station — Chesham Station entrance … Wikipedia
Croxley tube station — Croxley Station entrance … Wikipedia
Northwood tube station — Northwood … Wikipedia