- Nick Lachey
Nick Lachey in June 2006.
Background information Birth name Nicholas Scott Lachey Born November 9, 1973
Harlan, Kentucky, United States
Origin Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S. Genres Pop rock, R&B Occupations Singer, songwriter, actor Years active 1997–present Labels Motown, Universal, Jive Associated acts 98 Degrees
Nicholas Scott "Nick" Lachey ( // la-shay; born November 9, 1973) is an American singer, songwriter, actor, producer and television personality. Lachey rose to fame as a member of the boy band 98 Degrees. He later starred in the reality television series Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica with his then-wife, Jessica Simpson. He has released two solo albums, SoulO and What's Left of Me. As a solo artist, Nick Lachey, sold over 600,000 records and with 98 Degrees, over 10 million records worldwide. He had a recurring role on the television series Charmed.
Lachey was born near the border of Kentucky and Virginia in Harlan, Kentucky to Cate Fopma-Leimbach and John Lachey. He has a brother, Drew, a stepsister, Josie, a half brother, Isaac, and two adopted siblings, Zach and Caitlin Leimbach. Growing up in Ohio, he attended Cincinnati Public Schools-School for Creative and Performing Arts (SCPA), developing his vocal talent while excelling in sports and academics. After graduation he attended the University of Southern California (USC) in Los Angeles, California. After a year at USC, he wanted to be closer to his family and transferred to Miami University, in Oxford, Ohio, where he studied sports medicine and became a brother in the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity.
Nick started his professional singing career at Kings Island with friend Justin Jeffre in the mid-90's singing in a group quartet throughout the park. Lachey was a member of boyband 98 Degrees along with his brother, Drew, Justin Jeffre, and Jeff Timmons Their debut album was the self-titled 98 Degrees; however, the band's first real success came with their follow up album 98 Degrees and Rising. 98 Degrees has sold over 10 million records.
During the summer of 2003, the reality show, Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica, starring Lachey and then-wife Jessica Simpson began airing on MTV. The couple starred in the television special The Nick and Jessica Variety Hour, which aired in 2004 and was compared to The Sonny & Cher Show. In 2005, Newlyweds won a People's Choice Award for Favorite Reality Show before wrapping shortly after. On November 11, 2003, his solo debut album, SoulO, was released. Despite being released during the success of Newlyweds, the album was a commercial failure. Lachey took a recurring role on series Charmed between 2004 and 2005.
What's Left of Me was released on May 9, 2006 and debuted at number two on the Billboard 200. The album was certified Gold, after selling more than 500,000 copies domestically. The first single from the album was the title track, "What's Left of Me", released on February 21, 2006. The song became a hit, reaching a peak position of number six on the Billboard Hot 100. The video for "What's Left Of Me" featured former MTV VJ, Vanessa Minnillo. Lachey recorded "Ordinary Day" for the Oprah Winfrey-produced film, For One More Day.
Lachey began working on his third solo album in 2007. Lachey also starred in a well known TV series, One Tree Hill, as a singer at Red Bedroom Productions. It was announced in January 2010 that Jive Records had put his new album on hold indefinitely. In June 2010, Lachey confirmed that he had parted ways with Jive Records. Taking the Stage, a musical reality show documenting the lives of high school students at the School for Creative and Performing Arts, premiered on MTV in March 2009. It was produced by Lachey. In December 2009, he hosted The Sing-Off, a four-part American singing competition featuring a cappella groups, a role he reprised during December 2010 for the show's second season on NBC. He released few single in recent years, such as All In My Head and Last One Standing.
Lachey is part owner of the Hollywood Fame, a team in the American Basketball Association that began play in fall 2006, and was part of an ownership group of the Tacoma Rainiers, the Seattle Mariners' Triple-A affiliate. Lachey is also a die-hard Cincinnati Bengals, Cincinnati Reds, and Cincinnati Bearcats fan.
On April 7, 2009 Lachey threw out the ceremonial first pitch for the MLB Opening Day game in Cincinnati, Ohio. On July 9, 2011 Lachey sang the National Anthem for the inaugural NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Kentucky.
Lachey dated fellow pop star Jessica Simpson on and off for four years, beginning in early 1999. On October 26, 2002, Lachey married Simpson. In November 2005, after months of tabloid speculation, Simpson and Lachey announced they were separating. Simpson filed for divorce on December 16, 2005, citing "irreconcilable differences." The couple's divorce was publicized worldwide and was reportedly finalized on June 30, 2006. "Despite his much smaller net worth, he openly refused to request a payout, even turning down a $1.5 million settlement offer from Simpson's dad." The couple sold their Calabasas mansion, in which Newlyweds was filmed, to Malcolm in the Middle star Justin Berfield for an undisclosed amount.
Soon after the release of "What's Left of Me", his 2006 music video starring Vanessa Minnillo, Lachey and Minnillo began dating. They briefly broke up in June 2009, but by October 2009, Lachey confirmed that they were back together after having been "single for a minute". On November 4, 2010, Lachey and Minnillo announced their engagement. They were married July 15, 2011, on Sir Richard Branson's private Necker Island in the British Virgin Islands, with a small party of 35 close friends and family. Their wedding was filmed and televised on July 30 on TLC. Lachey is also on the entertainment council of the hunger-relief organization Feeding America.
Year Title Role Notes 2003—2005 Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica Himself Reality television 2003 Christmas in Rockefeller Center Musical Guest made for television (NBC) 2004 American Dreams Tom Jones "I'm Not with Her" (Season 2, Episode 13) I'm with Her Tyler Vance "To Tell the Truth " (Season 1, Episode 22) Charmed Leslie St. Claire 6 episodes (Season 7) Hope & Faith Chris "Just-In Time " (Season 2, Episode 9) 2005 The Hard Easy Jason Burns Main Role Bewitched Vietnam Soldier appearance 2006 She Said, He Said Kurtwood Weymouth Main Role / Television pilot Twins Charlie "Himbo" (Season 1, Episode 17) Overhaulin' Himself (Episode 73) 2007 Rise: Blood Hunter Dwayne appearance 2008 Clash of the Choirs Choir Director Reality television 2009 One Tree Hill Himself 2009 Taking the Stage Himself - Guest Reality television 2009—present The Sing-Off Host Reality television 2011 Hawaii Five-0 Kidnapper/Tyler Episode: "Powa Maka Moana (Pirate)" 2011 Nick & Vanessa's Dream Wedding Himself Televised Wedding
Awards and nominations
- Best Love Song: What's Left of Me (August 20, 2006)
- Choice Red Carpet Fashion Icon (August 20, 2006)
- Best Male Video: What's Left of Me (nominated) (August 29, 2006)
American Music Awards
- Favorite Male Pop/Rock Artist (nominated) (November 21, 2006)
- ^ Nager, Larry (November 11, 2003). "TV's hottest newlywed says he's a regular local guy". Cincinnati Enquirer. http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2003/11/11/tem_wwwtem1a.html. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- ^ a b c by MacKenzie Wilson (1973-11-09). "((( Nick Lachey > Biography )))". allmusic. http://www.allmusic.com/artist/p351437. Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- ^ http://www.kicentral.com/history/shows.php
- ^ http://www.visitkingsisland.com/public/news/media/story_ideas.cfm
- ^ Himes, Stephen. "The Nick and Jessica Variety Hour". Flak. http://www.flakmag.com/tv/nickandjessica.html. Retrieved 2008-08-07.
- ^ Kuntzman, Gersh (2005-01-10). "Moore Controversy at People's Choice Awards". foxnews.com. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,143882,00.html. Retrieved 2008-08-07.
- ^ "Lucky 'Charmed'". Entertainment Weekly. July 2, 2004. pp. The MTV Newlyweds star will appear in a guest role for six episodes next season as a ghostwriter who fills in for columnist Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) during her sabbatical and ends up falling in love with her.. http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,660336,00.html. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- ^ Moss, Corey (2007-03-14). "Don't Tell Effie: Nick Lachey Says He's Teaming With 'Dreamgirls' Underdogs - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News". Mtv.com. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1554575/20070314/lachey_nick.jhtml. Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- ^ “Broke” Nick Lachey Vanessa Minnillo Can’t Afford Dream Wedding
- ^ sports.espn.go.com
- ^ Silverman, Stephen M. (2002-10-28). "Lachey and Simpson Become Mr. and Mrs.". people.com. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,26334,625091,00.html. Retrieved 2008-08-07.
- ^ Borzillo-Vrenna, Carrie (2005-07-20). "Joe Simpson: Nick & Jessica's Marriage Is Solid". people.com. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,26334,1084766,00.html. Retrieved 2008-08-07.
- ^ "Nick Lachey, Jessica Simpson Split". people.com. 2005-11-25. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,26334,1053559,00.html. Retrieved 2008-08-07.
- ^ "Jessica Simpson, Lachey divorce final". USAToday.com. 2006-06-30. http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2006-06-30-simpson-lachey_x.htm. Retrieved 2008-08-07.
- ^ Kennedy, Koryn. "Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey Reported - Media (3 of 15) Manimony: What Divorce Costs Famous Women". The San Francisco Chronicle. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/g/a/2011/06/21/hearstmaghome5555661.DTL&object=%2Fg%2Fpictures%2F2011%2F06%2F21%2Fhearstmaghome5555661-manimony-nick-lachey-jessica-simpson-s2.jpg.
- ^ "Nick Wants Bling Back From Jessica". cbsnews.com. 2006-02-18. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/18/entertainment/main1330004.shtml. Retrieved 2008-08-07.
- ^ "Nick Lachey And Vanessa Minnillo Are Engaged". mtv.com. 2010-11-04. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1651572/20101104/lachey_nick.jhtml. Retrieved 2010-11-15.
- ^ "Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo Split". People. 2009-06-23. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20287060,00.html. Retrieved 2010-11-15.
- ^ "Nick Lachey & Vanessa Minnillo: Back On!". People. 2009-06-23. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20311200,00.html. Retrieved 2009-10-08.
- ^ "Vanessa Minnillo & Nick Lachey Are Engaged!". People. 2010-11-04. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20439700,00.html. Retrieved 2010-11-15.
- ^ Garcia, Jennifer. "Nick Lachey & Vanessa Minnillo: Why We Picked Necker Island for Wedding", People, July 18, 2011
- ^ Garcia, Jennifer. "Vanessa Minnillo and Nick Lachey Are Married!", People, July 15, 2011
Singles Related articles Studio albums Other albumsThis Christmas · The Collection Singles Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Nick Lachey — en 2005. Datos generales Nombre real Nicholas Scott Lachey … Wikipedia Español
Nick lachey — Nom Nicholas Scott Lachey Naissance 9 novembre 1973 Harlan (Kentucky), États Unis Pays d’origine États Unis Profession(s) Auteur, chanteur, acteur, présentateur Genre(s) … Wikipédia en Français
Nick Lachey — (2006) Nicholas „Nick“ Scott Lachey (* 9. November 1973 in Harlan, Kentucky) ist ein US amerikanischer Sänger und Schauspieler. Inhaltsverzeichnis … Deutsch Wikipedia
Nick Lachey — Nom Nicholas Scott Lachey Naissance 9 novembre 1973 (1973 11 09) (38 ans) Harlan … Wikipédia en Français
Nick Lachey — … Википедия
Nick Lachey discography — Nick Lachey discography Releases ↙Studio albums 2 ↙Singles … Wikipedia
Ordinary Day (Nick Lachey song) — Ordinary Day Single by Nick Lachey Released December 18, 2007 (U.S.) … Wikipedia
Shut Up (canción de Nick Lachey) — «Shut Up» Sencillo de Nick Lachey del álbum SoulO Grabación Hollywood, California Género(s) Pop Duración 3:17 Discográfica … Wikipedia Español
Shut Up (Nick Lachey song) — Single infobox Name = Shut Up Artist = Nick Lachey from Album = SoulO Released = September 2003 (U.S.) Format = Digital download Recorded = Hollywood, California Genre = Pop Length = 3:17 Label = Universal Music Producer = Nick Lachey, Matrix… … Wikipedia
Lachey — Nick Lachey Nicholas „Nick“ Scott Lachey (* 9. November 1973 in Harlan, Kentucky) ist ein US amerikanischer Sänger und Schauspieler. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 Biografie … Deutsch Wikipedia