- Daily Journal of Commerce
Daily Journal of Commerce Type Business daily Owner The Dolan Company Publisher Rynni Henderson Editor Stephanie Basalyga Founded 1872 Headquarters Portland, Oregon USA Circulation 2,333 paid; 68 non-paid and controlled; 228 online paid Official website http://www.djcoregon.com/
The Daily Journal of Commerce (DJC) is a U.S. newspaper published daily except Saturday and Sunday in Portland, Oregon. It features business, construction, real estate, legal news and public notices. It is a member of American Court & Commercial Newspapers Inc., and the CCN News Service, National Newspaper Association, International Newspaper Promotion Association, Oregon Newspaper Publishers Association Inc., The Associated General Contractors of America, Oregon-Columbia chapter, and Associated Builders and Contractors Inc. DJC is owned by The Dolan Company.
The DJC is read by business professionals in industries such as construction, architecture, engineering, commercial real estate, and law. Besides news, each day the readers of the DJC can find a large number of legal notices and public records from the city of Portland and surrounding governments.
The Daily Journal of Commerce was founded in 1872. It merged with Sunday Welcome (a competing public notice newspaper in Portland) at some point during the 1930s or 1940s, and was purchased by Dolan Media Company of Minneapolis in 1997. Dolan Media Company changed its name to The Dolan Company in 2010.
- ^ a b Contact Us from the Daily Journal of Commerce website
- ^ a b About Us from the Daily Journal of Commerce website
- ^ Dolan Media Company Amendment No. 1 to Form S-1 from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission website
- ^ a b "Dolan Media Buys Its Oregon Public Notice Partner". press release. dolanmedia.com. October 10, 2006. http://investor.dolanmedia.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=211849&p=irol-newsArticle_print&ID=1021509. Retrieved 2009-07-11. "The Sunday Welcome partnership with DJC ... dates back more than 60 years when two competing Portland public notice newspapers, Sunday Welcome and the Daily Journal of Commerce, agreed to merge operations. The Caplan family shut down its Sunday Welcome title, and the Smith family, which then owned DJC, published the sole surviving paper. The Caplans handled all public notice sales duties, the Smiths published the ads, and the two families split the public notice revenues....The Dolan Company bought the DJC from the Smiths in 1997."
- ^ Black, Sam (March 23, 2010). "Dolan Media tweaks corporate name, bumps CEO's pay 35%". bizjournals.com/twincities. http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/stories/2010/03/22/daily12.html. Retrieved 2010-05-26.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce — The Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce is Seattle s third daily (six days per week) newspaper. Specializing in business, construction, real estate, and legal news and public notices, it began publication in 1895 as the Bulletin , later the Daily… … Wikipedia
Daily Journal — may refer to: Daily Journal (Illinois), a newspaper published in Kankakee, Illinois, United States Daily Journal (Indiana), a newspaper published in Johnson County, Indiana, United States Daily Journal (Missouri), a newspaper published in Park… … Wikipedia
Daily Journal Corporation — Type Public (NASDAQ: DJCO) Industry Publishing Founded 1986 Headquarters Los Angeles, California … Wikipedia
Journal of Commerce — Le Journal of Commerce est un hebdomadaire économique américain fondé en 1827, spécialisé dans le commerce international, qui tire à environ 15 000 exemplaires par semaine. Il couvre tout ce qui concerne les cargos, exportations et… … Wikipédia en Français
San Francisco Daily Journal - San Francisco Legal News — San Francisco Legal News The San Francisco Daily Journal is a daily legal newspaper published in San Francisco, California by the Daily Journal Corporation. It is the largest legal newspaper in northern California. Subscribers to the Daily… … Wikipedia
journal — journal, aux [ ʒurnal, o ] adj. et n. m. • 1119; bas lat. diurnalem « de jour », devenu jornal, journal, journel→ journellement I ♦ Adj. Vx Relatif à chaque jour. ♢ (1543) Mod. Comm. Livre journal, et subst. journal : livre de commerce, registre… … Encyclopédie Universelle
Commerce Bancorp — Industry Bank holding company Fate Acquired by TD Bank, N.A. Successor TD Bank, N.A … Wikipedia
Daily Times of Nigeria — Publisher Folio Communications Founded 6 June 1925 Headquarters Lagos … Wikipedia
Journal-Advocate — Infobox Newspaper name = Journal Advocate caption = type = Daily newspaper format = Broadsheet foundation = ceased publication = price = owners = Prairie Mountain Publishing publisher = Keith Haugland editor = language = English circulation =… … Wikipedia
The Courier-Journal — The July 27, 2005 front page of The Courier Journal Type Daily newspaper … Wikipedia