- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) (English Translation - "Young Scientist Encouragement Scheme") is a
scholarshipfor high school, undergraduate and graduate studies in Indiain the fields of science, engineeringand medicine. The scholarship is offered by the Department of Science and Technology and is intended to encourage and facilitate students taking up careers in the basic sciences, engineering and medicine.
The scholarship is currently administered by the
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
For science students
The streams are as follows:
* Stream SA: This is for students entering eleventh standard. Check the [http://www.iisc.ernet.in/kvpy/eligibility-sciences.html eligibility cum selection criteria] for more details.
* Stream SB: This is for students beginning their B.Sc. Check the [http://www.iisc.ernet.in/kvpy/eligibility-sciences.html eligibility cum selection criteria] for more details.
* Stream SP: This is the Project Stream. Students can apply for this stream at any level, by submitting a project.
* Olympiads: Students who represent India at any of the International Olympiads (mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, informatics, or astronomy) are automatically eligible for the KVPY fellowship, provided they are pursuing study in pure sciences.
The amounts are as follows:
* Rs. 4000 per month and a Rs. 16000 annual book grant for the two years of senior secondary school (+2).
* Rs. 5000 per month and a Rs. 20000 annual book grant for the three years of B.Sc.
* Rs. 7000 per month and a Rs. 28000 annual book grant for M.Sc./first two years of Integrated Ph.D.
Once a student has qualified for the KVPY Science Stream fellowship, he/she continues to receive the fellowship, subject to good academic performance and annual summer work, and provided that the student continues in pure science.
For engineering students
* Stream EA: This is for students joining I year B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. A research project is required.
* Stream EB: This is for Students joining second year B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. A research project is required.
* [http://www.iisc.ernet.in/kvpy KVPY home page]
* [http://www.scholarship-financial-aid-grant-student-college-university-free.com/Kishore_Vaigyanik_Protsahan_Yojana_(KVPY)_Fellowship_2007/ Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Fellowship]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
International Olympiad in Informatics Training Camp — The International Olympiad in Informatics Training Camp (IOITC for short) is a one fortnight long annual training camp held in India to select and train students to represent India at the International Olympiad in Informatics. IOITC is the third… … Wikipedia
Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research — The Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER) are a group of premier institutes being created by the Government of India to promote education and research in the sciences. Five IISER s have been currently planned across the… … Wikipedia