BlueDragon Developer(s) New Atlanta Communications, LLC Stable release 7.1 / June 23, 2009 Operating system Cross-platform License Proprietary Website http://www.newatlanta.com/products/bluedragon/
BlueDragon is a ColdFusion Markup Language (CFML) engine comparable to Adobe Systems's ColdFusion. It is licensed and distributed by New Atlanta from TagServlet Ltd based in Scotland. BlueDragon is also distributed and supported by BEA Systems on their Oracle WebLogic Server server platform.
In March, 2008 New Atlanta announced that the future versions of BlueDragon (Java EE editions) will be released as open source products.
BlueDragon is available in six editions:
- BlueDragon Server
- BlueDragon Server JX (similar to ColdFusion standalone editions)
- BlueDragon for J2EE Application Servers (BD J2EE)
- BlueDragon for the Microsoft .NET Framework (BD .NET)
- BlueDragon, BEA WebLogic Edition (sold by BEA as a BEA product)
- Open BlueDragon, an open source version of BlueDragon for J2EE.
The first two editions are standalone servers which run on Windows, Linux, and OS X. With BD J2EE, CFML applications can be deployed on any J2EE server, enabling integration of CFML and J2EE as enabled in ColdFusion MX. BD, BEA WebLogic Edition, is a special edition based on BD J2EE for use with BEA's WebLogic Server. BD.NET extends the Microsoft .NET framework and IIS to permit deployment of CFML applications as native MS .NET web applications, offering integration between CFML and ASP.NET that's not possible with ColdFusion.
The Server JX, J2EE, MS .NET, and BEA WebLogic editions of BlueDragon are commercial products which are available as 30 day unlimited trials which convert to a single-IP developer edition with no expiration.
The Server edition, on the other hand, is free for deployment—though not for hosting, redeployment, or (as of the 6.2 release) commercial use. There are no differences in CFML tags supported in the free Server edition, but it supports only ODBC drivers on MS Windows (and only MySQL or PostgreSQL on Linux and Mac OS X), it supports only IIS on MS Windows or Apache on Linux or Mac OS X, and does not support secured (SSL) connections.
None of the limitations of the free Server edition exist in the commercial Server JX, J2EE, .NET, or BEA WebLogic editions.
The .NET edition of BlueDragon runs on Microsoft's .NET platform, BD.NET enables CFML applications to leverage the .NET platform and allows for integration between CFML and ASP.NET as well as .NET objects.
Open BlueDragon is an open source version of BlueDragon is released under the GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3). The chief differences between the open source and the J2EE version are the removal of commercial libraries (e.g., for PDF generation), The JTurbo JDBC driver for Microsoft SQL Server, and the BlueDragon Administrator application. It runs on any standard J2EE application server, such as Tomcat, JBoss or Jetty.
The original version of BlueDragon was released in 2002.
Though BlueDragon 7.0 was designed to be compatible with Adobe ColdFusion MX 7.0.2, there are differences in the two CFML implementations. BlueDragon offers several advantages (tags, functions, and other functionality) not found in ColdFusion. Similarly, there are a few tags and functions found in ColdFusion that are not supported currently in BlueDragon. New Atlanta maintains a complete list of incompatibilities with Adobe ColdFusion MX in the documentation.
Notable differences compared to ColdFusion 8
- No support for on-demand presentations
- No built-in AJAX support
- No built-in support for exchange
- BlueDragon's .NET edition can create .NET objects
- No support for PDF Documents and Forms
- No built-in Server Monitoring and Alerts
- No support for AMF (Flash Remoting protocol)
- No support for event gateways
- No built-in stepthrough debugger
- No RDS Connectivity to server
- No Report builder or cfreport tag
- BlueDragon includes a tag for IMAP protocol
- BlueDragon cannot generate Flash movies, neither via CFDOCUMENT nor CFFORM. Version 7 will generate raster documents using CFDOCUMENT.
A number of popular ColdFusion frameworks are fully supported on BlueDragon:
For a list of useful resources for developers, see the ColdFusion Development aids section.
- ^ "New Atlanta to Open-Source Java Version of BlueDragon". New Atlanta. http://www.newatlanta.com/corporate/news/bluedragon_opensource_announce.jsp. Retrieved 2008-04-14.
- ^ "Alexa Web Search - Top 500". Alexa.com. http://www.alexa.com/site/ds/top_sites?ts_mode=global&lang=none. Retrieved 2007-10-12.
- ^ "BlueDragon Powers The #1 CFML Website!" (Press release). New Atlanta Communications, LLC. 2005-06-28. http://www.newatlanta.com/corporate/news/myspace_announce.jsp. Retrieved 2007-10-12.
- ^ Dinowitz, Judith (2005-07-05). "BlueDragon.NET and MySpace.Com: An Interview with New Atlanta". Fusion Authority. http://www.fusionauthority.com/community/4477-bluedragon-net-and-myspace-com-an-interview-with-new-atlanta.htm. Retrieved 2007-10-12.
- ^ (PDF) BlueDragon 7.0 CFML Compatibility Guide. New Atlanta Communications, LLC. 2007-01-26. pp. 3. http://www.newatlanta.com/products/bluedragon/self_help/docs/7_0/BlueDragon_70_CFML_Compatibility_Guide.pdf. Retrieved 2007-10-13
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
ColdFusion Markup Language — CFML redirects here. For the radio station, see CFML FM. Cold Fusion Markup Language (CFML) Paradigm(s) imperative, object oriented Appeared in 1995 Designed by Jeremy Allaire Developer Adobe System … Wikipedia
ColdFusion — This article is about the computer programming language. For other uses, see Cold Fusion (disambiguation). Adobe ColdFusion Original author(s) Jeremy and JJ Allaire Developer(s) … Wikipedia
Blue Dragon — Infobox VG title = Blue Dragon developer = Mistwalker, Artoon publisher = Microsoft Game Studios designer = Hironobu Sakaguchi artist = Akira Toriyama composer = Nobuo Uematsu released = vgrelease|JP=December 7, 2006|EU=August 24 2007vgrelease|NA … Wikipedia
List of Blue Dragon episodes — This is a list of episodes for the Studio Pierrot anime series Blue Dragon , based on the video game of the same name (although it does not necessarily follow the video game s plot).This episode list covers the Blue Dragon anime episodes to date … Wikipedia
Blue Dragon Plus — updateInfobox VG title = Blue Dragon caption = developer = Mistwalker Feelplus Brownie Brown [ [http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3628/developing an epic nakazato on .php?page=4 Gamasutra Developing An Epic: Nakazato On Lost Odyssey And The… … Wikipedia
Mach-II — Infobox Software name = Mach II caption = We re Community Driven genre = web application framework developer = [http://www.greatbiztools.com GreatBizTools, LLC] |source model = Open source latest release version = 1.6 Beta latest release date =… … Wikipedia
SmithProject — is an Open Source CFML script engine that runs cfm script files. The Smith Project was initiated by youngculture AGWith the need to migrate a large ColdFusion® based web application – with a few hundred thousand lines of code! to Java. After… … Wikipedia
Blue Dragon: RalΩGrad — Blue Dragon Entwickler: Mistwalker, Artoon Verleger: Microsoft Game Studios Publikation: 12. Dezember 2006 (Japan); 24. August 2007 (Europa); 28. August 2007 (Nordamerika) … Deutsch Wikipedia
Blue Dragon: Secret Trick — Blue Dragon Entwickler: Mistwalker, Artoon Verleger: Microsoft Game Studios Publikation: 12. Dezember 2006 (Japan); 24. August 2007 (Europa); 28. August 2007 (Nordamerika) … Deutsch Wikipedia
Blue Dragon: Tenkai no Shichi Ryū — Blue Dragon Entwickler: Mistwalker, Artoon Verleger: Microsoft Game Studios Publikation: 12. Dezember 2006 (Japan); 24. August 2007 (Europa); 28. August 2007 (Nordamerika) … Deutsch Wikipedia