- Before the Great Collapse
"Before the Great Collapse" Single by Jedi Mind Tricks from the album Legacy of Blood B-side "On the Eve of War" Released 2004 Format 12" Vinyl Recorded 2004, Found Sound Studios, Philadelphia, PA Genre Hip Hop Label Babygrande Records Writer(s) V. Luvineri, K. Baldwin Producer Stoupe the Enemy of Mankind Jedi Mind Tricks singles chronology "Rise of the Machines"
"Before the Great Collapse"
"The Age of Sacred Terror"
"Before the Great Collapse" is a single by Hip Hop duo Jedi Mind Tricks, released in 2004 through Babygrande Records. The single was the lead-off for the group's fourth album, Legacy of Blood. The song's intro contains a sample from "Freeman's Farm" by David Elon Preston, and the song's music contains a sample from "No Me Des Tu Adios" by Perla. "Before the Great Collapse" was the first JMT single to be solely performed by group vocalist Vinnie Paz, who uses the track as a suicide letter, written to his mother. The track is followed up on JMT's Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell with the track Razorblade Salvation, in which Vinnie Paz retracts his suicide note, citing his obligations and goals as reasons to "stick around for a while."
While "Before the Great Collapse" was the single's official A-Side, the B-Side track "On the Eve of War" was Legacy of Blood's lead single. Like their previous album's lead single, "Animal Rap", the single contains two mixes of the song, subtitled "On the Eve of War (Julio Cesar Chavez Mix)" and "On the Eve of War (Meldrick Taylor Mix)", referencing the rivalry between the two boxers. The former features a symphonic sample, taken from the track "Palladio I - Allegretto" by Karl Jenkins. The latter features a melancholy guitar sample taken from the track "Peace" by Paul Kelly. Both versions of "On the Eve of War" feature a guest appearance from Wu-Tang Clan member GZA. The single was followed in 2005 by "The Age of Sacred Terror".
- "Before the Great Collapse" (Clean Version)
- "On the Eve of War (Julio Cesar Chavez Mix)" (Clean Version) (feat. GZA)
- "Before the Great Collapse" (Instrumental)
- "On the Eve of War (Meldrick Taylor Mix)" (Clean Version) (feat. GZA)
- "On the Eve of War (Julio Cesar Chavez Mix)" (Dirty Version) (feat. GZA)
- "On the Eve of War (Julio Cesar Chavez Mix)" (Instrumental)
"Before the Great Collapse"
- Performed by: Vinnie Paz
"On the Eve of War"
- First verse: Vinnie Paz
- Second verse: GZA
- "Before the Great Collapse" contains samples from the movie The Addiction.
- "Before the Great Collapse" contains a sample from "No Me Des Tu Adios" by Perla.
- "Before the Great Collapse" contains a sample from "Freeman's Farm" by David Elon Preston
- The song "Razorblade Salvation", from the album "Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell" is a sequel to "Before the Great Collapse". It tells a different story than the song.
- "On the Eve of War" contains samples from "Third World" by DJ Muggs.
- "On the Eve of War" samples the blow-by-blow and color commentary from the first bout between Vinny Paz (the boxer) and his rival Greg Haugen for the IBF lightweight title.
- "On the Eve of War (Julio Cesar Chavez Mix)" contains a sample from "Palladio I - Allegretto" by Karl Jenkins.
- "On the Eve of War (Meldrick Taylor Mix)" contains a sample from "Peace" by Paul Kelly.
Vinnie Paz · Jus Allah · Stoupe the Enemy of Mankind Affiliated Artists Studio albums EPs/Singles Jedi Mind Tricks presents Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
The Passing of the Great Race — The Passing of The Great Race; or, The racial basis of European history was an influential book of scientific racism written by the American eugenicist, lawyer, and amateur anthropologist Madison Grant in 1916. The book was very influential in… … Wikipedia
The Great Gazoo — Infobox character colour = #DEDEE2 colour text = name = The Great Gazoo series = The Flintstones caption = The Great Gazoo first = last = creator = Hanna Barbera gender = Male species = Alien residence = BedrockThe Great Gazoo is a character from … Wikipedia
The Great Depression and the World Wars in Arizona — In 1912, women in Arizona gained the right to vote, and in 1917, World War I brought an economic boom to Arizona. It recovered from The Great Depression with the New Deal and another economic boom after World War II, leading the cotton, copper,… … Wikipedia
The Great and Secret Show — infobox Book | name = The Great and Secret Show title orig = translator = image caption = Cover of first UK edition author = Clive Barker cover artist = country = United Kingdom language = English series = Book of the Art trilogy genre = Fantasy… … Wikipedia
Causes of the Great Depression — The causes of the Great Depression are still a matter of active debate among economists. The specific economic events that took place during the Great Depression have been studied thoroughly: a deflation in asset and commodity prices, dramatic… … Wikipedia
Frederick the Great — Frederick II Frederick II, aged 68, by Anton Graff King of Prussia Elector of Brandenburg Reign … Wikipedia
Alexander the Great — This article is about the ancient king of Macedon. For other uses, see Alexander the Great (disambiguation). Alexander the Great Basileus of Macedon … Wikipedia
Akbar the Great — Akbar redirects here. For other uses, see Akbar (disambiguation) Infobox Monarch name =Akbar title =Mughal Emperor caption = reign = coronation = othertitles =His Majesty Al Sultan al Azam wal Khaqan al Mukarram, Imam i Adil, Sultan ul Islam… … Wikipedia
Cities in the Great Depression — Throughout the industrial world, cities in the Great Depression were hit hard, beginning in 1929 and lasting through most of the 1930s. Worst hit were ports (as world trade fell) and cities dependent on heavy industry, such as steel and… … Wikipedia
The Psycho-Social, Chemical, Biological & Electro-Magnetic Manipulation of Human Consciousness — Album par Jedi Mind Tricks Sortie 1997, 6 mai 2003 Enregistrement 1993 1997 Genre Hip hop Producte … Wikipédia en Français