- Rapture (disambiguation)
Rapture may refer to:
Rapture, a predicted event in certain systems of Christian eschatology
Rapture (Buddhism), a common translation of the Pali word, "piti", which is a factor of meditative absorption
* "Rapture" (book), book by David S. Sosnowski
* "The Rapture" ("Doctor Who" audio), Big Finish Productions audio drama based on the British science fiction television series "Doctor Who"
* "The Rapture" ("Left Behind"), the fifteenth book in the "Left Behind" series written by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins
Rapture of the Deep", 2005 album by Deep Purple
* "Rapture" (album), 1986 album by Anita Baker
Rapture (band), Finland-based doom metal band
* "Rapture" (Bradley Joseph album), 1997 album by Bradley Joseph
* "Rapture" (Dragonlord album), the first album by the Black metal band Dragonlord
* "Rapture" (Hurt), song by metal band Hurt
* "Rapture" ("Morbid Angel"), the opening track from Morbid Angel's album "Covenant"
* "Rapture" (song), 1980 hit single by Blondie
Rapture (iiO song), 2001 single by New York City-based trance duo iiO
The Rapture (band), New York City-based rock band
* "The Rapture" (album), album by Siouxsie and the Banshees
* "As Rapture Comes", album by the death metal band Grave
* "Rapture of the Deep", a song on the 2007 Delta-S album "
Voyage to Isis"
* "Rapture", a song on Senses Fail's 2006 release "
Still Searching"In television:
* "Rapture" ("DS9" episode), fifth season episode of "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine"
* "Rapture" ("Battlestar Galactica"), an episode of the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica
Rapture TV, UK television station
In other media:
* Rapture, fictitious underwater city from the video game "
Rapture (comics), supporting character in Image Comics "Savage Dragon" comic book series
* "The Rapture" (film), 1991 film starring Mimi Rogers
Rapture (film, 1965), 1965 film starring Dean Stockwellwith musical score by Georges Delerue
Rapture (video game)is codename for Square Enix's upcoming MMORPG video game.
In other fields:
Rapture (engine), the proprietary engine of Iron Realms Entertainment which handles networking issues and supports C-like script
Rapture of the deep, reversible alteration in consciousness producing a state similar to alcohol intoxication in scuba divers at depth
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Rapture — For other meanings, see Rapture (disambiguation) … Wikipedia
1 (disambiguation) — One is the number 1, and it may also refer to: 0.999..., a mathematical equivalent of 1 The year 1 A.D. One (pronoun), a personal pronoun in the English language 1 (number) 1 BC, the year before 1 AD 1 (New York City Subway service) Hydrogen,… … Wikipedia
Mirror (disambiguation) — For a list of alternative servers which have a copy of Wikipedia, see Wikipedia:Mirrors and forks. A mirror is an object whose surface reflects an image. Mirror may also refer to: Contents 1 Computing 2 … Wikipedia
Money Talks (disambiguation) — Money Talks is a 1997 comedy film directed by Brett Ratner and starring Chris Tucker and Charlie Sheen. Money Talks may also refer to: Money Talks (TV series), an adult reality game show on Playboy TV Money Talks (1926 film), a lost MGM film… … Wikipedia
Heaven (disambiguation) — Heaven is the concept of an afterlife or afterworld found in many religions or spiritual philosophies.Heaven may also refer to:Music* Heaven , a song by The Rolling Stones from their 1981 album Tattoo You * Heaven (Ayumi Hamasaki song), a 2005… … Wikipedia
Rape (disambiguation) — Rape derives from the Latin rapio , to seize . Rape may refer to:*Rape, forced sexual intercourse. **In some jurisdictions rape refers to other forms of sexual assault *Rape crisis centers, organisations that help victims of rape, sexual abuse,… … Wikipedia
Killing (disambiguation) — Killing refers to causing the death of a living organism, and it also may refer to:* The Killing , a film by Stanley Kubrick * Killing (comics), an Italian comics series * Killing , a song by The Rapture from Echoes Mathematics: * Killing vector… … Wikipedia
Love is All (disambiguation) — Love Is All may refer to: *Love Is All, a five piece indie rock band from Gothenburg, Sweden * Love Is All, a song from Butterfly Ball , a concept album and subsequent live rock opera appearing in 1974 and 1975 respectively * Love Is All (Shine… … Wikipedia
Infatuation (disambiguation) — Infatuation may refer to: *Infatuation, the state of being completely carried away by unreasoning passion or love; addictive love. * Infatuation, a song by Jamie Foxx from his 1994 album Peep This * Infatuation (1995 film) , a 1995 Hong Kong film … Wikipedia
Coastal Highway — The term Coastal Highway can refer to: The North West Coastal Highway of Australia. The Makran Coastal Highway in Pakistan. The Coastal Highway located in Ocean City, MD. The Coastal Highway along the Mediterranean coast in Israel. Music Coastal… … Wikipedia