- Ahmadun Yosi Herfanda
name = Ahmadun Yosi Herfanda
birthname = Ahmadun Yosi Herfanda
birth_date = January 17, 1958
birth_place = Kaliwungu, Kendal, Central Java, Indonesia
age = 49
occupation = journalist, poet
alias = Ahmadun YH, Ahmadun Y. Herfanda, Ahmadun Herfanda, AYH
gender = male
known as = Indonesian poet
credits = see main body of article
Ahmadun Yosi Herfanda (born
January 17, 1958, in Kaliwungu, Kendal, Central Java, Indonesia), is an Indonesian journalist and poet. His name is also written as Ahmadun YH, Ahmadun Y. Herfanda, Ahmadun Herfanda, or AYH (ayeha). Ahmadun's poetry focuses on social and religious themes and is informed by Sufism. He is a reporter and arts editor at the daily newspaper "Republika". Now he known as a famous Indonesian poet, and Indonesian writer.
Ahmadun received a Master of Arts in Literary at
Yogyakarta National University, in 1986. Than, in 2005 he finished Master of Information Technology at Paramadina Mulia University, Jakarta. Now (2007) he is seeking a fellowship in order to finish his Ph.D. in art philosophy.
Ahmadun has written poems, short stories, essays, and a novel. He has been published in newspapers, magazines and journals, and his work has been read on radio, television, and web sites: Horison,
Kompas, Republika, Sinar Harapan, Suara Pembaruan, Basis, Ulumul Qur’an, Bahana ( Brunei Darussalam), Indosiar (television, Indonesia), Deutsche Welle(radio, Germany), the journal "Indonesia and the Malay World" (London), Mastera, Poetry.com (USA), and Cybersastra.com. He often reads his poetry at many art events in Malaysia, Brunei Darussalam, Egypt, United States of America (USA), Singapore, and Indonesia. He also often invited to be speaker at national and international art forums (art events) in Indonesia, Malaysia, the United States and Egypt.
Ahmadun is often a juror at many literary or arts contest and festivals.
Ahmadun has been active in many arts organizations:
* Komunitas Sastra Indonesia (KSI -- The Indonesia Literary Community, founder and chairman, 1999-2002, 2008-2010) ( [http://homesauna.789mb.com] )
* Masyarakat Sastra Jakarta (MSJ -- The Jakarta Literary Society, founder and consultant)
* Himpunan Sarjana Kesastraan Indonesia (HISKI – The Indonesia Literary Academician Association, chairman, 1992-1994)
* Forum Lingkar Pena (FLP – Pen Circle Forum, consultant, 1997-2005)
* Komunitas Cerpen Indonesia (KCI - The Indonesia Short Story Community -- founder and chairman, 2007-2010)
Now, his primary job is as a journalist and arts editor at the daily newspaper,
* "Ladang Hijau" ("The Green Fields", poetry collection, 1980)
* "Sang Matahari" ("The Sun", poetry collection, 1984)
* "Sajak Penari" ("The Dancer Verses", poetry collection, 1991)
* "Fragmen-Fragmen Kekalahan" ("Losing Fragments", poetry collection, Angkasa, Bandung, 1996)
* "Sembahyang Rumputan" ("The Worshipping Grass", poetry collection, Bentang Budaya,Yogyakarta, 1996)
* "Sebelum Tertawa Dilaran" ("Before Laugh be Banned", short story collection, Balai Pustaka, Jakarta, 1996)
* "Dialektika Sastra, Tasawuf dan Alquran" ("The Quran, Sufism and Literary Dialectic", book manuscript, 1986-2002)
* "Koridor yang Terbelah" ("The Corridor Cracked", essay collection, book manuscript, 2002)
* "Ciuman Pertama untuk Tuhan" ("The First Kissing for God", poems collection, bilingual, 2003)
* "Sebutir Kepala dan Seekor Kucing" ("A Head and A Cat", short story collection, Bening Publishing, Jakarta, 2004)
* "The Worshipping Grass" (poetry collection, bilingual, Bening Publishing, Jakarta, 2005)
* "Badai Laut Biru" ("The Blue Sea Storm", short story collection, Senayan Abadi Publishing, Jakarta, 2004).
* "Kolusi" ("Power Scandal", short story, 2006).
* Many of his poems and short stories were collected in "Tonggak 4" (poetry, Linus Suryadi AG, ed, Gramedia, Jakarta, 1987), "Waves of Wonder" (poetry, Heather Leah Huddleston, ed., International Library of Poetry,
Maryland, USA, Juni, 2002), "Secrets Need Words" (poetry, Harry Aveling, ed., Ohio University, USA, 2001), "The Poets Chant" (poetry, Margaret Agusta, ed., The Istiqlal Festival, Jakarta, 1995), "Ketika Kata Ketika Warna" (poetry, Taufiq Ismail, ed. Yayasan Ananda, Jakarta, 1995), "Puisi Indonesia 1997" (poetry, KSI-Angkasa, Bandung, 1997), "Paradoks Kilas Balik" (short stories, Sinar Harapan, Jakarta, 1998), "Angkatan 2000" (poetry, Korrie Layun Rampan, ed, Gramedia, Jakarta, 2001), and "Horison Kitab Puisi" (poetry, Taufiq Ismail, ed., Horison- Ford Foundation, Jakarta, 2001), and have been read at Poetry of The Moon, Deutsche Welle, Germany(1999-2002).
Awards and Other Honors
* MABIMS Award (
ASEANpoetry contest, MABIMS, Brunei Darussalam, 1997)
* Iqra Award (national poetry contest, Iqra Foundation, Jakarta, Indonesia, 1992)
* Suara Merdeka Award (national short story contest,
Semarang, Indonesia, 1992)
* Editor Choice Award (international poetry contest, The International Library of Poetry, USA, 2002).
* Sanggar Bambu Award (national short story contest, Jakarta, Indonesia, 1992)
* Other awards from many contests and art events.
NAME=Ahmadun Yosi Herfanda
journalist] and poet
DATE OF BIRTH=1958
PLACE OF BIRTH=
Central Java, Indonesia
DATE OF DEATH=
PLACE OF DEATH=
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of Indonesians — This page is a non comprehensive list of Indonesians. Majapahit heroes * Gajah Mada * Hayam Wuruk * Jayabaya * SabdapalonIndonesian heroes See main|List of National Heroes of IndonesiaArts and EntertainmentArts* Affandi * Marina Joesoef, painter… … Wikipedia
List of Indonesian language poets — This is a list of poets who wrote or write much of their poetry in the Indonesian language.*Ahmadun Yosi Herfanda, Indonesian Poet, sufism poetry *Agus R. Sarjono, The Black Humourist of Indonesian Poets *Chairil Anwar, Indonesian Poet *Sutardji… … Wikipedia