- Maktab Sabah, Kota Kinabalu
Maktab Sabah / Sabah CollegeBerani Berdikari
Dare To Stand Alone
Location Peti Surat 10548, 88600 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Coordinates 5°57'21"N 116°4'3"E Information Type Semi-Boarding National Secondary School Established 1953 School district Sembulan, Kota Kinabalu Principal Puan Hajah Nuinda Haji Alias Grades Form 1 - Form 6 Number of students Approx. 1400 Information Tel : 088-225201
Fax : 088-216414
Maktab Sabah / Sabah College is a single-session secondary school located in the city of Kota Kinabalu, in the State of Sabah, Malaysia. The school was established in the year 1957, making Sabah College a historical institution as it was formed during the pre-independence of Sabah.
The current Principal is Hajah Nuinda Hj Alias, who has occupied the office since Spring 2006. As of the year 2007, the school has approximately 87 teachers and over 1300 students. The school has also been recognised as one of the leading secondary schools in Sabah. However, in recent years, Sabah College's academic achievements has severely declined and failed to rose prominently among Premier Schools in Malaysia. It may be attributed to poor management by the current administrator who has taken realm of office since the departure of Puan Julia W. Jock to SM La Salle in 2006. It is however, not academic but extra curriculum gives Sabah College admitted into hall of fame besides social advantages with many state's ministers including the current Chief Minister of Sabah.
Establishment of Sabah College was suggested by the first education director of the North Borneo government, PE Perry in 1947. The purpose of this school is to help and provide education to potential and bright local children in North Borneo. Among the proposed construction sites are Likas (current SM All Saints site), Kepayan and current Queen Elizabeth Hospital. Finally, in 1955, the Civil Aviation Department site has been chosen to be the site of Sabah College with an area of 16.77 acres (67,900 m2) which includes 6 acres (24,000 m2) of sports field area, 4.8 acres (19,000 m2) of residential areas and the rest is the school. In 1956 its construction plans had been proposed to the British Government and granted.
During the construction project the Colonial Development Welfare has funded 90% of the cost. While the rest was contributed by local sources. The first intake consist of 85 students and 95 teachers. Only selected students which passed special exam were chosen to study at Maktab Sabah. The school acting principal was Mr. Buckley. In the same year, Mr. Geoffrey Clark was appointed as the very first principal of Sabah College.
At the end of 1957 this school was moved to a new site near the current Secretariat building. In 1958 Form Six classes started with limited facility of classes lessons.
Then, in 1960, Sabah College once again moved to a new site. With these new buildings Sabah College continues to develop and become one of the most important secondary schools in Sabah.
Vision and Mission
- Making College Sabah as prime school of distinction.
- Producing smart, progressive, moral, competent, independent, good personality, efficient and effective individuals.
- Maximize the students potential in the education system.
- Generate and strengthen the feeling of love for the school.
- To produce students of today who will become responsible leaders of tomorrow.
- Strengthening partnerships with communities.
Maktab Sabah Kami Agungkan,
Majulah Putera Puteri Kita,
Berganding Bahu Menuntut Pelajaran,
Demi Mencapai Cita-cita Mulia
Berdiri Atas Kaki Sendiri,
Lambang Kemegahan Kami,
Menuntut Ilmu dengan Berani,
Dengan Hati Penuh Suci dan Murni
Berdikari Arah Kemajuan,
Dengan Hati Yang Sabar dan Tabah,
Maju Terus Maju Kehadapaan,
Di Bawah Naungan Maktab Sabah.
Sabah College that we revere,
Move forward o our princess and prince,
Let's work together seeking for knowledge,
To achieve the noble quests
Stand alone on our feet,
For our pride symbol,
Seeking knowledge courageously,
With hearts filled with sacredness and nobility
We Strive for progress,
With patience and determination,
Let's continue moving forward,
Under the banner of Sabah College.
Morning Has Broken(Old Anthem)
Morning has broken like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken like the first bird,
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for the springing, fresh from the world
Sweet the rain’s new fall, sunlight from heaven
Like the first dew fall on the wet grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden,
Sprung in completeness, where his feet pass
Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning,
Born of the light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning,
God’s recreation of the new day
Principals of Sabah College
Below are the principals who have served and led Sabah College since its establishment.
- 1st Principal, Mr G.C Clarke (May 1957 - May 1963)
- 2nd Principal, Dr F.J Rawcliffe (May 1963 - Dec 1966)
- 3rd Principal, Mr Siew Peng Foo (January 1968 - May 1976)
- 4th Principal, Datuk Vincent T.Y Shia (May 1970 - September 1976)
- 5th Principal, Mr Yong Foo Sang (September 1976 - May 1980)
- 6th Principal, En Ahmad A. Staun (January 1981 - 1986)
- 7th Principal, Puan Hajah Dg. Haruni (1991 - May 1995)
- 8th Principal, En Ahmad Bin Abdul Waham (September 1995 - May 1998)
- 9th Principal, Puan Julia Willie Jock (1998 - March 2006)
- 10th Principal, Puan Hajah Nuinda Haji Alias (March 2006–Present)
A student pursuing his secondary education in Maktab Sabah is commonly known as a Sabah Collegian; once the individual leaves the school, he is an Old Sabah Collegian. The school's alumni, Old Sabah Collegians Alumni is commonly referred to by its abbreviation, OSCA.
Prominent Alumni Members:
- Datuk Hj Malaya@Ayalamshah Sibuku - Pengarah Juruukur Bahan Jabatan Kerja Raya Sabah' Vice President OSCA' (current)
- Tan Sri Datuk Seri Utama Pandikar Amin Mulia - Speaker of the Dewan Rakyat (Current)
- Datuk Anifah Aman - Malaysian Minister of Foreign Affairs (Current)
- Datuk Dr Maximus Ongkili - Malaysian Minister of Science, Technology, and Innovation (Current)
- Datuk Masidi Manjun - Sabah State Minister of Tourism, Culture and Environment (Current)
- Datuk Seri Mohd Shafie Apdal - Malaysian Minister of Rural and Regional Development (Current)
- Datuk Seri Panglima Musa Aman - 14th Chief Minister of Sabah (Current)
- Datuk Nasir Tun Sakaran - Minister in the Chief Minister's Department of Sabah (Current)
- Datuk Seri Panglima Yahya Hussin - Deputy Chief Minister of Sabah (Current)
- Datuk Abdul Rahim Ismail - Former Minister of Agriculture and Food Industry of Sabah
- Datuk Tham Nyip Shen - Former Deputy Chief Minister of Sabah
- Datuk Seri Panglima Mohd.Salleh Tun Mohd.Said - Former Chief Minister and Former Minister of Housing and Local Government of Sabah
- Datuk Haji Nahalan OKK Haji Damsal - Former Minister of Sports and Tourism of Sabah
- Haji Mustafa Kula
- Haji Dahlan Ag Tengah
- Rokiah Yusuf
- Maria Yusuf
Form 1 1 Berlian 1 Mutiara 1 Makmur 1 Aman 1 Kerjasama 1 Tertib 1 Bahagia
Form 2 2 Mutiara 2 Makmur 2 Aman 2 Kerjasama 2 Tertib 2 Bahagia
Form 3 3 Mutiara 3 Makmur 3 Aman 3 Kerjasama 3 Tertib 3 Bahagia 3 Sejahtera
- 4 Makmur (Pure Science + Principle of Accountancy)
- 4 Aman (Physics + Biology + Chemistry + Arabic / ICT)
- 4 Kerjasama (Biology / Physics + Sports Science)
- 4 Tertib (Commerce)
- 4 Bahagia (Geography)
- 4 Sejahtera (Literature)
- 5 Makmur (Pure Science + Principle of Accountancy)
- 5 Aman (Physics + Biology + Chemistry + Arabic / ICT )
- 5 Kerjasama (Biology / Physics + Sports Science)
- 5 Tertib (Commerce)
- 5 Bahagia (Geography)
- 5 Sejahtera (Literature)
Lower Form 6
- Lower Six Science
- Lower Six Computer
- Lower Six Humanity 1 (History)
- Lower Six Humanity 2 (Geography)
Upper Form 6
- Upper Six Science
- Upper Six Computer
- Upper Six Humanity 1 (History)
- Upper Six Humanity 2 (Geography)
Phishing Scams: The school is also well known for students utilizing tools dubbed for script kiddies.
The most recent phishing scam, launched by a student or faculty member, can be viewed below.
Google has already caught the attack and is already processing legalities. Link:
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Kota Kinabalu — View of the Kota Kinabalu city … Wikipedia
La Salle Secondary School, Kota Kinabalu — Infobox School name = La Salle Secondary School, Kota Kinabalu also, SM La Salle, Tanjung Aru. imagesize = 100px caption = La Salle Secondary School, Kota Kinabalu logo motto = Fides et Opera (By Faith and Deeds) established = 1953 type =… … Wikipedia
List of schools in Sabah, Malaysia — This is a list of schools in Sabah, Malaysia. It is categorised according to the types of schools in Malaysia, and is arranged alphabetically. Private schools Chinese Independent High Schools * Beaufort Middle School 沙巴保佛中学 * Kian Kok Middle… … Wikipedia
English College, Johor — English College (also Maktab Sultan Abdul Bakar (MSAB)) is a premier secondary non boarding secondary school located in the city Johor Bahru of the southernmost state of Malaysia (Johor). History English College was established on March 21, 1914 … Wikipedia
Universiti Teknologi MARA — Universiti Teknologi MARA, Malaysia Seal of Universiti Teknologi MARA Motto Usaha Taqwa Mulia Motto in English Endeavour, Religious, Dignified[1 … Wikipedia
Tun Said Keruak — Infobox President name =Tun Said Keruak order =4th Chief Minister of Sabah term start =1975 term end =1976 deputy = predecessor =Tun Datu Mustapha successor =Tun Fuad Stephens order2 =7th Yang di Pertua Negeri of Sabah term start2 =1987 term end2 … Wikipedia
Papar — Papar … Deutsch Wikipedia
Demographics of Malaysia — Indicator Rank Measure Economy GDP (PPP) per capita 56th $13,315 Unemployment rate … Wikipedia
Sandakan — Infobox City official name = Sandakan other name = Elopura nickname = The City of Nature, Little Hong Kong motto = website = http://www.mps.sabah.gov.my/ image map caption = Location in Sabah and Malaysia subdivision type = Country subdivision… … Wikipedia
MARA Junior Science College — MRSM Terendak Coat of Arms in Malacca, MALAYSIA MRSM Merbok in Kedah, MALAYSIA The MARA Junior Science College (Malay … Wikipedia