- EskoArtwork (company)
company_name = EskoArtwork
company_type = Private
Carsten Knudsen, CEO[ [http://www.manufacturingtalk.com/news/esv/esv124.html Esko-Graphics' Packaging Business Ownership Moves: News from EskoArtwork ] ]
num_employees = 750 (2007)
homepage = [http://www.esko.com/ www.esko.com]
EskoArtwork, formerly called Esko, is a
graphic artscompany producing prepresssoft- and hardwareand offering a portfolio of application support and consultancy services. It primarily specialises in solutions for packaging design and pre-press, but it also produces pre-press workflow software for general commercial use.
Enfocus, a brand of
Esko was the result of a
mergerbetween Barco Graphicsand Purup Eskofotin 2002. The merged company was called Esko-Graphics but was renamed Esko in 2006. In August 2007 Esko announced that it was 'combining operations' with Artwork Systems Group NV (AWS), its chief competitor in the packaging pre-press market. Esko initially bought 76.69% of AWS shares for €196 million. [ [http://www.esko.com/web/site.aspx?p=54&PressReleaseID=1510 PressRelease display - EskoArtwork ] ]
Reflecting the merger, Esko changed its name to EskoArtwork. It also introduced a new logo, though it is visually very close to the Esko original.
Since the fall of 2005, Esko has been fully owned by
Axcel A/S, a Danish private equity investmentcompany. [ [http://www.axcel.dk/content/dk/presse/2005/esko-graphics_continues_packaging_growth_strategy Esko-Graphics continues packaging growth strategy with Danish private equity investment company Axcel ] ]
Esko is headquartered in
Ghent, Belgium, and employs over 750 people worldwide. R&D and manufacturing facilities are located in Belgium, Germany, Norway, The United States and the Czech Republic. AWS is also based in Ghent.
Starting off as a
softwareand hardwarevendor, Esko established itself as a solutions providerand system integratorto all participants in the packaging supply chain. Esko's pre-merger portfolio includes:
* Esko Software Suite, a suite of
softwaremodules covering the entire supply chain. This includes the DeskPack suite of packaging design and pre-press plug-ins for Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
flexoComputer-to-Plate systems. CDI stands for Cyrel Digital Imager, referring to a joint marketing arrangement with DuPont, maker of Cyrel photopolymer flexo plates. However the CDI systems can work with any brand of photopolymer plate provided it has an integral black mask layer to absorb laser energy.
* Kongsberg computer-controlled cutting & creasing tables for short-run production and sample making in packaging,
signageand display markets. EskoArtwork owns the manufacturer, which is based in the town of Kongsbergin Norway.
Artwork Systems' portfolio is also now owned by EskoArtwork. Product lines include:
* ArtPro, a suite of software for design and pre-production of packaging and labels.
* Nexus, high end pre-press workflow and RIP, running on
Apple Macintoshand Mac OS X.
* OdyStar, mid-range
* Odystar Packaging, a version of OdyStar tailored for packaging pre-press.
Enfocus was a subsidiary of Artwork Systems and is now owned by EskoArtwork. It specialises in PDF pre-flighting and editing utilities. Main products are:
* PitStop Professional, the core product for PDF preflight, auto-correction and manual editing. This runs as a plug-in to
* Instant PDF, a lower-cost verification utility, mainly aimed at designers who generate PDFs for professional printing, that can embed Certified PDF metadata to be read by downstream processes. Again this is an Adobe Acrobat plug-in.
* PitStop Server, an automated standalone version of PitStop Pro, designed to monitor incoming PDFs, verify them, auto-correct where possible, and to reject or flag up PDFs that cannot be repaired.
* Certified PDF is a core technology supported by all Enfocus products, that can embed a range of metadata into a PDF file, such as creator, modification/editing history, pre-flight history and criteria, and optionally, a sequence of Undo states. Enfocus products can create, read and update certificates as a PDF is passed through a production sequence. AWS and some third party pre-press workflows can also read Certified PDF metadata.
EskoArtwork is active in the
graphic artsindustry, and offers solutions for structural CAD, desktop design, converting, sign making, commercial printing.
* [http://www.esko.com Esko corporate homepage]
* [http://www.eugi.org Esko Users Group International homepage]
* [http://www.esko.com/web/site.aspx?p=54&PressReleaseID=1510 Announcement of Esko and Artwork Systems merger]
* [http://www.artwork-systems.com Artwork Systems homepage]
* [http://www.enfocus.com Enfocus homepage]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
EskoArtwork — Type Private Industry Graphic arts Founded Ghent, Belgium (2002) Headquarters Ghent, Belgium … Wikipedia
Danaher Corporation — Videojet redirects here. For the handheld game console made by Videojet, a division of Danaher (this article), see Mi2 (console). Danaher Corporation Type Public (NYSE: … Wikipedia
COLLADA — Filename extension .dae Developed by Sony Computer Entertainment, Khronos Group Initial release October 2004 ( … Wikipedia
Esko — is a Finnish masculine first name and may refer to: *Esko Aho, a statesman and former Prime Minister of Finland. *Esko Seppänen, a Finnish politician and Member of the European Parliament with the Left Alliance *Esko Valtaoja, a Finnish… … Wikipedia