- Material transfer agreement
A Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) is a contract that governs the transfer of tangible research materials between two organizations, when the recipient intends to use it for his or her own research purposes. The MTA defines the rights of the provider and the recipient with respect to the materials and any derivatives. Biological materials, such as reagents, cell lines, plasmids, and vectors, are the most frequently transferred materials, but MTAs may also be used for other types of materials, such as chemical compounds and even some types of software.
Three types of MTAs are most common at academic institutions: transfer between academic or research institutions, transfer from academia to industry, and transfer from industry to academia. Each call for different terms and conditions.1
• Rodriguez, Victor (2005). Material transfer agreements: open science vs. proprietary claims. Nature Biotechnology, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 489–491.
• Rodriguez, Victor (2007a). Material transfer agreements: Avoiding collisions with technology managers. BNA's Patent, Trademark and Copyright Journal, Vol. 73, No. 1802, pp. 305–308.
• Rodriguez, Victor (2007b). Merton and Ziman’s modes of science: The case of biological and similar material transfer agreements. Science and Public Policy, Vol. 34, No. 5, pp. 355–363.
• Rodriguez, Victor (2008). Governance of material transfer agreements. Technology in Society, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 122–128.
• Rodriguez, Victor and Koenraad Debackere (2007). Strategies for satisfying the need of research materials. Les Nouvelles, September, pp. 529–533.
• Rodriguez, Victor et al. (2007a). Do material transfer agreements affect the choice of research agendas? The case of biotechnology in Belgium. Scientometrics, Vol. 71, No. 2, pp. 239–269.
• Rodriguez, Victor et al. (2007b). Material transfer agreements and collaborative publication activity: The case of a biotechnology network. Research Evaluation, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 123–136.
• Rodriguez, Victor et al. (2008). On material transfer agreements and visibility of researchers in biotechnology. Journal of Informetrics, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 89–100.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
standard material transfer agreement — standartinis augalų genetinės medžiagos perdavimo susitarimas statusas Aprobuotas sritis augalų genetiniai ištekliai apibrėžtis Dokumentas, kuriame pateikiamos maistinių ir žemės ūkio augalų genetinių išteklių perdavimo kitam fiziniam ar… … Lithuanian dictionary (lietuvių žodynas)
Transfer Pricing — Als Verrechnungspreis (bzw. Transferpreis oder Konzernverrechnungspreis) wird in der Kosten und Leistungsrechnung derjenige Preis bezeichnet, der zwischen verschiedenen Bereichen eines Unternehmens oder zwischen verschiedenen Gesellschaften eines … Deutsch Wikipedia
NIDDK Office of Technology Transfer and Development — The Office of Technology Transfer and Development (OTTD)  is an office within the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), which is an agency of the United States… … Wikipedia
Offset agreement — Defense offset agreements are legal trade practices in the aerospace and military industries. These commercial practices do not need state regulations but, since the purchasers are mostly military departments of sovereign nations comparable to… … Wikipedia
1958 US-UK Mutual Defence Agreement — The 1958 US UK Mutual Defence Agreement is a bilateral treaty between the United States and the United Kingdom on nuclear weapons cooperation.It was signed after the UK successfully tested its first hydrogen bomb during Operation Grapple. Whilst… … Wikipedia
1958 US–UK Mutual Defence Agreement — The 1958 US–UK Mutual Defence Agreement is a bilateral treaty between the United States and the United Kingdom on nuclear weapons cooperation. It was signed after the UK successfully tested its first hydrogen bomb during Operation Grapple. While… … Wikipedia
Custody transfer — in the oil and gas industry refers to the transactions involving transporting physical substance from one operator to another. This includes the transferring of raw and refined petroleum between tanks and tankers; tankers and ships and other… … Wikipedia
U.S.–India Civil Nuclear Agreement — U.S. President George W. Bush and India s Prime Minister Manmohan Singh exchange handshakes in New Delhi on March 2, 2006. The 123 Agreement signed between the United States of America and the Republic of India is known as the U.S. India Civil… … Wikipedia
Defence Nuclear Material Transport Operations — refer to the movements of military Defence Nuclear Materials (DNM) within, to and from the United Kingdom. Defence Nuclear Material Transport Operations are also known as DNM Transportation; Defence Nuclear Material in transit; Nuclear movements; … Wikipedia
Non-disclosure agreement — A non disclosure agreement (NDA), also known as a confidentiality agreement (CA), confidential disclosure agreement (CDA), proprietary information agreement (PIA), or secrecy agreement, is a legal contract between at least two parties that… … Wikipedia