- Marc Fennell
Marc Fennell is an Australian film critic and broadcaster.
During this period Fennell was selected as one of four presenters (along with Megan Spencer, Jaimie Leonarder, and Fenella Kernebone) of a revamped version of SBS's long-running The Movie Show following the departure of former hosts, David Stratton and Margaret Pomeranz, in mid 2004. Although Fennell was given a separate role to the other three hosts, handling DVD reviews in his own segment, he was described after the new format's debut as the "most natural in front of a camera". Fennell remained with the show until June, 2006, when the show went on hiatus, returning in a different format (and with a different team) in 2007.
Fennell currently reviews film for multiple ABC Radio Stations including 702 ABC Sydney and the ABC's national youth broadcaster triple j. He also presented a weekly film segment called 'Flicked' on triple j tv. In addition, Fennell presents film reviews on the morning show The Circle.
Fennell is currently a reporter/presenter on the Andrew Denton produced show Hungry Beast, aired on ABC1. After Hungry Beast finished its run in 2010, Fennell was one of nine members of the team to be selected by Denton to develop online content for Zapruder's Other Films. Prior to his engagement on Hungry Beast Fennell had worked with another of the presenters, Dan Ilic, developing a well known YouTube parody of the Freeview launch.
- ^ a b Petersen, Freya (3 June 2004). "SBS adds a youthful twist in sobriety for that movie show". The Sydney Morning Herald (Sydney, Australia): p. 7.
- ^ Idato, Michael (30 June 2004). "The Movie Show". The Sydney Morning Herald (Sydney, Australia). http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088487956811.html. Retrieved 8 March 2010.
- ^ George, Sandy (23 March 2006). "Credits roll for Movie Show". The Australian: p. 42.
- ^ Browne, Rachel (6 May 2007). "Joy for film buffs as show goes on". Sun Herald (Sydney, Australia): p. 16.
- ^ Jackson, Sally (12 April 2010). "Digital natives held to spin new web". The Australian. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/digital-natives-held-to-spin-new-web/story-e6frg996-1225852493992. Retrieved 8 March 2010.
- ^ Blundell, Graeme (30 May 2009). "Is this the future of television?". The Australian. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/is-this-the-future-of-television/story-e6frg8mf-1225717713963. Retrieved 8 March 2010.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Fennell — may refer to: *Alan Fennell *Albert Fennell *Dave Fennell *Desmond Fennell *Frederick Fennell *Jan Fennell *Jane Fennell *Jean Fennell *Joseph Fennell *Kevin Fennell *L. Raymond Fennell *Marc Fennell *Nuala Fennell *Patricia Fennell (also see… … Wikipedia
Marc Lombardo — Member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives from the 22nd Middlesex District Incumbent Assumed office 2011 Preceded by William G. Greene, Jr. Personal details … Wikipedia
Triple J — City of license Various Broadcast area Australia: FM, internet, di … Wikipedia
The Movie Show — Infobox Television show name = The Movie Show caption = show name 2 = genre = creator = writer = director = creative director = developer = presenter = David Stratton (1986 ndash; 2004) Margaret Pomeranz (1986 ndash; 2004) Megan Spencer (2004… … Wikipedia
Dan Ilic — At the 2009 Australian Power Shift Conference Born 20 November 1981 (1981 11 20) (age 29) Sydney, New South Wales, Australia … Wikipedia
2004 in Australia — Infobox Australian year monarch = Elizabeth II governor general = Michael Jeffery pm =John Howard population = 20,091,504 australian = elections =Federal, Qld, ACT See also: 2003 in Australia, other events of 2004, 2005 in… … Wikipedia
FBi Radio — Infobox Radio station name = FBi city = Sydney area = branding = slogan = airdate = August 29, 2003 frequency = 94.5 FM format = no set playlist power = erp = 10 Kw class = Community callsign meaning = 2=New South Wales Free Broadcast… … Wikipedia
SBS TV — Infobox TV channel name = SBS TV logofile = SBS.svg logosize = 200px logoalt = SBS TV slogan = Six Billion Stories and counting launch = 24 October 1980 network = SBS Television owner = Special Broadcasting Service picture format = 576i (SDTV),… … Wikipedia
Hungry Beast — Format News entertainment show Created by Andrew Denton Jon Casimir Andy Nehl Directed by Aaron Smith Ali Russell Presented by Hosts Dan Ilic Kirsten Drysdal … Wikipedia
Dalek comic strips, illustrated annuals and graphic novels — Graphic from the TV Century 21 comic strip The Daleks . This is a list of Dalek comic strips, illustrated annuals and graphic novels. Cameo appearances and reprints are only covered if notable. Contents 1 … Wikipedia