- Electrical installations in Herrenwyk
Main electrical installation in Herrenwyk—a part of
Lübeckin northern Germany—is a static invertor plantof the high-voltage direct currentsubmarine cable named Baltic Cable. In past, Herrenwyk was the site of Lübeck-Herrenwyk power station.
Herrenwyk power station was a coal-fired power station, which was commissioned on
11 June 1911. It was owned and operated by Nordwestdeutsche Kraftwerke Aktiengesellschaft (now part of E.ON). In 1955, a new 25 MW unit was commissioned.Cite web
accessdate=2008-07-27] In 1992, the Lübeck-Herrenwyk power station was demolished after the bankruptcy and demolition of a local metallurgical plant.
tatic invertor plant
The static invertor plant of Baltic Cable was built in 1994 on the site of former power station. The static invertor plant is connected also with a 380 kV power-line, which runs to the
Lübeck-Siemssub-station. This is the only 380 kV powerline in Germany, which has no direct connection to the Central European 380 kV grid, which causes Baltic Cable to use 372 Megawatts (MW) capacity instead of 600 MW.Fact|date=July 2008 Although there were plans to construct a 380 kV powerline from the Lübeck-Herrenwyksub-station to Schwerin, these plans were postponed because of environmental considerations.Fact|date=July 2008
In the area of the static inverter plant there is also a 110 kV / 20 kV sub-station, fed by two 110 kV circuits from the Lübeck-Siems sub-station. There is no transformer for coupling the 380 kV- and the 110 kV-grid in the area of the Lübeck-Herrenwyk static invertor plant.Fact|date=July 2008
* [http://maps.google.com/maps?t=k&ll=53.896844,10.802425&spn=0.002864,0.007317&om=1 Static inverter Plant Lübeck-Herrenwyk of HVDC Baltic-Cable]
* [http://maps.google.com/maps?t=k&om=0&ll=55.499691,13.15321&spn=0.022023,0.058537 Static inverter Plant Arrie of HVDC Baltic-Cable]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.