- Indonesians in Japan
Indonesians in Japan Regions with significant populations Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka Languages Religion
Indonesians in Japan (在日インドネシア人 Zainichi Indoneshiajin , Indonesian: orang Indonesia di Jepang) form Japan's largest immigrant group from a Muslim-majority country. As of 2007[update], Japanese government figures recorded 25,620 legal residents of Indonesian nationality and estimated further 4,947 more were residing in the country illegally.
Demography and distribution
Indonesians in Japan tend to be younger than other Muslim migrants; 64.5% of legal residents are recorded to be between 20 and 30 years old, whereas the majority of the other large Muslim migrant groups (Iranians, Bangladeshis, and Pakistanis) are between 30 and 40 years old. 37% of legal residents live in the Kantō region, a much smaller proportion than for other Muslim migrants; that includes 2,175 people in Tokyo itself, 1,236 in Saitama, 1,204 in Ibaraki, 1,002 in Kanagawa, 845 in Chiba, 519 in Gunma, and 244 in Tochigi. The Greater Ōsaka Area and the Chūkyō Metropolitan Area, each have roughly 10% of Japan's Indonesian population; a further 6% can be found in both Nagano Prefecture and Shizuoka Prefecture. The remainder are scattered throughout the other prefectures, with between 30 and 500 in each one.
- Okushima, Mika (2006). "日本のキリスト教会とインドネシア人－制度的背景と課題－ (Churches and Indonesian Migrants in Japan: Institutional Background and Challenge)". Intercultural Communication Studies (18): 35–111. http://www.kuis.ac.jp/icci/publications/kiyo/pdfs/18/18_02.pdf. Retrieved 2007-08-11.
- Sakurai, Keiko (July 2003). 日本のムスリム社会 (Japan's Muslim Society). Chikuma Shobō. ISBN 4-480-06120-7.
- Asato, Wako (2006). "東アジアにおける家事労働の国際商品化とインドネシア人労働者の位置づけ (The International Commodification of Domestic Work in East Asia and the Conditions of Indonesian Transnational Domestic Workers)". Intercultural Communication Studies (18): 1–34. http://www.kuis.ac.jp/icci/publications/kiyo/pdfs/18/18_01.pdf. Retrieved 2007-08-11.
- Hattori, Mina (2007). "在日インドネシア人ムスリム児童の宗教的価値形成－名古屋市における自助教育活動の事例から－ (Development of Religious Values of Indonesian Muslim Children in Japan: A Case Study of Voluntary Educational Activities in Nagoya City)". Intercultural Communication Studies (19): 1–28. http://www.kuis.ac.jp/icci/publications/kiyo/pdfs/19/19_01.pdf. Retrieved 2007-08-11.
- Meguro, Ushio (2005). "茨城県大洗町における日系インドネシア人の集住化と就労構造 (Establishment of the Nikkei Indonesian Community and their employment system in Oarai Town, Ibaraki)". Intercultural Communication Studies (17): 49–78. http://www.kuis.ac.jp/icci/publications/kiyo/pdfs/17/17_02.pdf. Retrieved 2007-08-11.
- Okushima, Mika (2005). "特集にあたって－インドネシア人労働者の国際動向と日本の雇用構造における位置づけ－ (Introduction to a Special Issue: International Trends of Indonesian Migrant Workers, and their Employment System in Japan)". Intercultural Communication Studies (17): 1–48. http://www.kuis.ac.jp/icci/publications/kiyo/pdfs/17/17_01.pdf. Retrieved 2007-08-11.
- Okushima, Mika (2005). "日本漁船で働くインドネシア人－プロフィールと雇用体系の変遷 (Indonesian seafarers on Japanese fishing vessels: their profiles and changing employment system)". Genbunken (81): 59–91. http://www.kuis.ac.jp/icci/member/okushima/ronko/seafarers.pdf. Retrieved 2007-08-11.
Immigration to Japan AmericasAmericans · Brazilians · Peruvians Asia Others See also Overseas Indonesians AfricaEgypt · South Africa Americas Asia Europe Oceania Others
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Indonesians in Hong Kong — Ethnic group group=Indonesians in Hong Kong poptime=102,100 (2006) popplace=Various langs=Indonesian, Javanese, othersRadio International Singapore 2006 02 25] rels=Islam related=Various ethnic groups in IndonesiaIndonesians in Hong Kong,… … Wikipedia
Indonesians in Taiwan — Total population 144,651 with Indonesian nationality (2010) Regions with significant populations Various Languages Indonesian, Javanese, other Indonesian languages, or Taiwanese languages Related ethnic groups … Wikipedia
Human rights in Japan — Japan This article is part of the series: Politics and government of Japan … Wikipedia
Native Indonesians — Pribumi Total population 230 million (2006 estimation) Reg … Wikipedia
Demographics of Japan — The demographic features of the population of Japan include population density, ethnicity, education level, health of the populace, economic status, religious affiliations and other aspects of the population. Birth and death rates of Japan since… … Wikipedia
Ethnic issues in Japan — Contents 1 Demographic 2 Japanese ethnic minorities 2.1 Korean people 2.2 Chinese people 2.3 Ainu … Wikipedia
Vietnamese people in Japan — Infobox ethnic group group=Vietnamese people in Japan population=36,860 (2007) regions=Tokyo, Osaka languages=Vietnamese, Japanese religions=Buddhism [ [http://www.buddhanet.info/wbd/search.php?keyword=vietnamese search=Begin+Search country id=45 … Wikipedia
Chinese Indonesians — For notable Indonesian people of Chinese descent, see List of Chinese Indonesians. Chinese Indonesians Chinese Indonesians pray at a temple in Glodok, Jakar … Wikipedia
Koreans in Japan — Terms for Koreans in Japan Holding Japanese nationality Hangul 한국계 일본인 조선계 일본인 Hanja 韓國系日本人 朝鮮系日本人 Revised Romanization Hangukgye Ilbonin Joseongye Ilbonin McCune Reischauer Hangukkye Ilbonin Chosŏngye Ilbonin … Wikipedia
Indonesian-sounding names adopted by Chinese Indonesians — A large number of ethnic Chinese people have lived in Indonesia for many centuries. Over time, many of these have adopted names that better match the local language.Colonial era to 1965During the Dutch colonial era until Japan invasion in 1942,… … Wikipedia