- Radio24 (Malaysia)
Infobox Radio Station
name = Radio24
area = flagcountry|Malaysia (
slogan = Real Life. Real Time.
frequency = 93.9
format = News, talk, weather, traffic
website = [http://www.radio24.com.my www.radio24.com.my]
Radio24 is the first and only 24-hour news and talk radio station in
Malaysia. The free-to-airstation began trial transmission on 16 August 2007 at 12.00 p.m. and was officially launched on 3 September 2007 at 6.00 a.m. It broadcasts on the 93.9 FMfrequency that was formerly used by Klasik Nasional FM, which was formed through the merger of Nasional FM and Klasik FM (formerly known as Radio Irama Melayu Asli (RIMA) and later as Klasik FM).
The station broadcasts domestic, regional and world
newsthrough hourly news bulletins, half-hourly news highlights and breaking newsas and when they happen through live coverages and cross-overs. The station also has an array of talk shows. It also airs at frequent intervals, traffic, weather and stock market reports. The station also provides live audio streamingthrough its website.
Broadcasting in both English and
Bahasa Malaysia, the station is owned and operated by the Malaysian national news agency, BERNAMA, and broadcasts from "Wisma BERNAMA" in Kuala Lumpur. For its first phase, the station's transmission covered the Klang Valley, which is home to 6.5 million people. It expects to broadcast nationwide in its second phase.
The current lineup of Radio24 includes:
;Weekdays:7am-10am: Gegas Kerja (Work Rush):10am-1pm: Bicara Pagi (Morning Talk):1pm-4pm: Bicara Tengahari (Afternoon Talk):4pm-7pm: Pandu Pulang (Drive Home):7pm-8pm: Bicarawara (Talk Show):8pm-10pm: Hello (Talk Show):10pm-12mn: Bicarawara Malam (Evening Talk Show):12mn-3am: Bicarawara Tengah Malam (Midnight Talk Show):3am-7pm: Bicarawara Dinihari (Dawn Talk Show)
;Weekends:7am-10am: Santai Famili (Family Relaxation):10am-12nn: Kaleidoskop (Kaleidoscope):12nn-3pm: Suara Komuniti (Community Voice):3pm-7pm: Sorotan Seminggu (Weekend Newswrap) & Hibur Libur (Entertainment & Leisure)
* Weekends are filled with non-stop Talk Shows (Bicarawara Hujung Minggu)
* Biz English (Stock Market & Financial Updates, and English News) - every 45th minute from 7:45am-6:45pm weekdays
* Gelanggang (Sports News) - every 15th minute from 7:15am-6:15am weekdays
* Main News Bulletins: 8am, 1pm, 6pm and 11pm (24 minutes of news)
* On the hour daily - Headline News (12 minutes)
* On the 13th and 26th minutes: Traffic & Weather Reports
* On the 30th minute: News Highlights
* On the 34th minute: News Talk
* On the 56th minute: Info24
* The above: Hot Clock - typical hour - 7am-7pm Weekdays
* Ayu Roslan
* Kam Kamaruddin
* Nazira Noran
* Husna Afifi
* Yunus Sabri
* Wan Syahrina
* Azlan Idris
* Shima Khuzaimi
Biz English Anchors:
* Anne Edwards
* Keith Kam
* Aneita Abdullah
Radio24 currently has several
celebrity millionairehosts, notably:
Irfan Khairi, a self-made internetmillionaire. "Jutawan bersama Irfan Khairi", Wednesdays, 7-8pm.
Peter PekMCSD, the renowned branding guru, writer, columnist, editor, publisher, designer, creative director, public speaker, corporate celebrity, radio and television personality. " Brand Malaysia with Peter Pek", Tuesdays, 7-8pm.
Zuraidah Atan, a former President/CEO of a merchant bank, who currently sits on the Boards of numerous corporations and organisations including HSBCMalaysia, Bank Malaysia Berhad, Kedah State Dev Corp Insurance Brokers, Federal Agricultural Marketing Authority (FAMA) and Universiti Utara Malaysia. "Biz Wrap", Fridays, 7-8pm.
* (Sep 1, 2007). [http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news.php?id=282454 Malaysia's First All News Radio Station To Be Launched Monday] . "BERNAMA." Retrieved Dec 30, 2007.
* (Sep 3, 2007). [http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news.php?id=282646 Malaysia's First All-News Radio Launched] . "BERNAMA." Retrieved Dec 30, 2007.
* (Sep 3, 2007). [http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90777/6253968.html Malaysia launches first all-news radio station] . "People's Daily." Retrieved Dec 30, 2007.
* Thanasayan, Anthony (Oct 21, 2007). [http://www.star-ecentral.com/news/story.asp?file=/2007/10/21/tvnradio/19192424&sec=tvnradio No blast on radio] . "The Star. " Retrieved Dec 30, 2007.
* [http://www.radio24.com.my Official website]
* [http://radiotwentyfour.blogspot.com/ Official blog]
* [http://www.bernama.com BERNAMA]
* [http://www.brandmalaysia.fm/ Brand Malaysia podcasts]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Radio24 — may refer to:* Radio24 (Malaysia), the first and only 24 hour news and talk radio station in Malaysia * Radio24 (Italy), the Italian private all news radio, owned by the newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore … Wikipedia
Brand Malaysia with Peter Pek — Infobox Radio Show show name = Brand Malaysia with Peter Pek imagesize = 200px caption = format = Talk show audio format = Stereophonic record location = Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia runtime = ca. 45 min creator = Peter Pek developer = producer =… … Wikipedia
List of radio stations in Malaysia — This is a list of radio stations owned by the government broadcasting station and privately owned ones. Frequency varies in different states.Radio Television Malaysia (National Frequencies)* Klasik Nasional FM (Malay) * Muzik FM (Malay) * TraXX… … Wikipedia
2007 in Malaysia — is the 50th anniversary of Malaysia s independence.IncumbentsFederal level*Yang di Pertuan Agong: Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin of Terengganu *Raja Permaisuri Agong: Sultanah Nur Zahirah of Terengganu *Prime Minister: Dato Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi … Wikipedia
All-news radio — For the television series NewsRadio, see NewsRadio. All news radio is a radio format devoted entirely to discussion and broadcast of news. All news radio is available in both local and syndicated forms, and is carried in some form on both major… … Wikipedia
Peter Pek — Infobox Radio Presenter name=Peter Pek birthname= birthdate= birthplace= deathdate= deathplace= show=Brand Malaysia with Peter Pek station=Radio24 timeslot=Tuesday 7.15pm, Wednesday 12.15am, Friday 6.15am, Saturday 6.15pm show2= station2=… … Wikipedia
Bernama — (Malay: Berita Nasional Malaysia; English: Malaysian National News Agency) is a news agency of the government of Malaysia. It is an autonomous body placed under the Information, Culture and Communications Ministry. It was set up by an Act of… … Wikipedia
Bernama — Дата основания 1967 Язык английский, малайский, путунхуа Главный офис Куала Лумпур Bernama (малайск … Википедия
St. Michael's Institution — Infobox Malaysia School name = St. Michael s Institution Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan St. Michael motto = Quis Ut Deus (Who can compare to God?) and Signum Fidei (A Sign of Faith) established = 1912 type = Govt aided session = Double Session… … Wikipedia