- Las Tontas No Van al Cielo
Las tontas no van al cielo Format Telenovela Created by Enrique Torres Written by Enrique Torres
Directed by Felipe Nájera
Starring Jaime Camil
Manuel 'Flaco' Ibañez
Opening theme Esto es lo que Soy by Jesse & Joy Country of origin Mexico Language(s) Spanish No. of episodes 140 Production Executive producer(s) Rosy Ocampo Editor(s) Norma Ramirez
Cinematography Alejandro Álvarez Ceniceros
Gabriel Vázquez Bulman
Running time 45 minutes Broadcast Original channel Canal de las Estrellas Picture format 480i SDTV
Original run February 11, 2008 – August 22, 2008 Chronology Preceded by Yo amo a Juan Querendón Followed by Un gancho al corazón External links Website
Las tontas no van al cielo (Dumb Women Don't Go to Heaven) is an original Mexican telenovela that began airing on Mexico's Canal de las Estrellas, beginning 11 February 2008. The novela is a production of Rosy Ocampo and starring Jacqueline Bracamontes, Jaime Camil, and Valentino Lanús.
Cándida "Candy" Morales Alcalde is a beautiful young girl filled with dreams and hopes for her future. At her 15th birthday party she meets the man of her dreams - Patricio Molina Lizárraga, who became later her husbend. On the day of their wedding, Candy finds out that Patricio cheated on her with her sister, Alicia. Angry and hurt, she leaves him and goes to Guadalajara with her uncle, Manuel. She decides to fake her death to her family and Patricio to start a new life. Later she realizes that she is pregnant with Patricio's child. After she finds out, her newborn son is what gives her hope for the future, and he becomes the reason she lives.
Meanwhile, Santiago López Carmona, a plastic surgeon, tries to build a family with his career-driven wife, Paulina. She leaves him with their daughter, Rocio, and he becomes highly disappointed in love. Therefore, he begins to sleep with many different women without making any emotional connection with them. When he meets Candy, he is determined to romance her in order to take her to bed, but he quickly discovers how special Candy really is and falls in love with her.
Though they first dislike each other, as time passes, Candy takes a liking to Santiago and attempts to have a relationship with him. However, this becomes difficult when their children, and their exes do everything in their power to prevent their happiness.
- Jaime Camil as Santiago López Carmona - Main Male Protagonist
- Jacqueline Bracamontes as Cándida "Candy" Morales Alcalde - Main Female Protagonist
- Valentino Lanús as Patricio Molina Lizárraga
- Sabine Moussier as Marissa - Main Female Antagonist, Santiago's girlfriend
- Julio Alemán as Arturo Molina - Father of Patricio
- Manuel 'Flaco' Ibañez as Manuel 'Meño' Morales - Uncle of Candy
- Mauricio Herrera as Jaime
- Ana Bertha Espin as Gregoria Alcalde de Morales - Mother of Candy and Alicia
- Silvia Mariscal as Isabel Carmona viuda de López - Mother of Santiago
- Rosángela Balbó as Margarita Lizárraga de Molina - Mother of Patricio
- Fabiola Campomanes as Alicia Morales Alcalde - Older sister of Candy, main secondary villain
- Alejandro Ibarra as Eduardo - Friend of Santiago
- Andrea Torre as Soledad - Best friend of Candy
- Jackie Garcia as Chayo
- Carlos de la Mota as Raúl - Brother of Marissa
- Luis Manuel Ávila as Zamora
- Reynaldo Rossaldo as Toño
- Karla Álvarez as Paulina de López-Carmona - Mother of Rocio, villain
- Julio Vega as Donato
- Raquel Garza as Hortensia
- Lili Brillanti as Tina
- Gaby Platas as Bárbara
- Ginny Hoffman as Cecilia - Assistant of Candy
- Erik Guecha as Carlo
- Christina Pastor as Lulu
- Violeta Isfel as Lucia
- Eleazar Gómez as Charly
- Robin Vega as Chava - Son of Candy and Patricio
- Diego Ramirez as Beto - Son of Patricio and Soledad
- Mariana Lodoza as Rocio - Daughter of Santiago and Paulina
- Ivette Cordovez as Paty
When the telenovela was presented to the media, local press revealed that Jalisco's Governor, Emilio González Márquez, invested 38 million Mexican pesos (3.5 million dollars) in order to help with the production of this telenovela, and also gave Televisa all facilities to develop the telenovela in Guadalajara and other Jalisco towns (Tlaquepaque and Chapala, amongst others). The main reason was "Jalisco´s promotion".
The telenovela has shown various scenes taking place in Guadalajara and Jalisco, including the landscapes of Guadalajara and cameos of places like Guadalajara's Cathedral, the Arcos del Milenio and Lake Chapala.
The telenovela also shows stamps from Mexico City, Acapulco and Las Vegas.
In the later episodes of the telenovela, very little footage of Guadalajara was shown. Indeed, in a chapter where Candy and Santiago went to see a concert of French singer Alizée, they went to see her performance in Mexico City's Auditorio Nacional instead of Guadalajara´s Auditorio Telmex.
- "Las Tontas", shortened from the original title, was successfully launched in ABS-CBN in the Philippines last 21 July 2008 dubbed in Tagalog until 19 December 2008. Encore episodes also air on 5 January 2009 via Studio 23 an ABS-CBN UHF channel, after the finale of main channel.
- It has also been available in Spain on Antena
- Las Tontas started airing in Hungary on Story 4 at 16:40 pm
- Las Tontas started airing in Rumania on AcasaTv at 10:30 pm
- Las Tontas started airing on Univision after the finale of Querida Enemiga
- Las Tontas started airing on POP TV Slovenia after the finale of Marina
- Las Tontas began airing on TV3 Lithuania since 17 March 2009 and it's called "Naivuolė".
- Las Tontas began airing on Canal 2 of El Salvador since April 2008 after the finale of Yo amo a Juan Querendón.
- Las Tontas started airing on SBT in 19 April 2010 at 4:00 and it's called "As Tontas não Vão ao Céu".
- Las Tontas started airing in Serbia on TV Avala since 21 March 2011 at 5:00PM and it's called "Candy". Airing is canceled after 40 episodes, so much has been bought from a distributor.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Las tontas no van al cielo — Categoría Melodrama, Comedia País originario México Canal El Canal de las estrellas Horario de transmisión Lunes a Viernes … Wikipedia Español
Список мексиканских телепрограмм по дате начала показа — Содержание 1 2010 е 1.1 2010 2 2000 е 2.1 2009 2.2 … Википедия
Jacqueline Bracamontes — Infobox actress imagesize = 150px name = Jacqueline Bracamontes birthname = Jacqueline Bracamontes van Hoorde birthdate = birth date and age|1979|12|23 location = flagicon|Mexico Guadalajara, Mexico occupation = ActressJacqueline Bracamontes van… … Wikipedia
Jacqueline Bracamontes — Este artículo o sección necesita referencias que aparezcan en una publicación acreditada, como revistas especializadas, monografías, prensa diaria o páginas de Internet fidedignas. Puedes añadirlas así o avisar … Wikipedia Español
Jaime Camil — Este artículo o sección necesita referencias que aparezcan en una publicación acreditada, como revistas especializadas, monografías, prensa diaria o páginas de Internet fidedignas. Puedes añadirlas así o avisar al autor p … Wikipedia Español
Manuel "Flaco" Ibáñez — Manuel Flaco Ibañez (n. Acatlán de Pérez Figueroa; 17 de octubre de 1946) es un actor de comedia y humorista mexicano. Contenido 1 Biografía 2 Trabajo actoral 3 Espectáculos y reality shows … Wikipedia Español
Telemetro Panamá — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Contenido 1 Inicio de Transmisiones 1.1 Colón 1.2 Coclé, Herrera, Los Santos, Veraguas … Wikipedia Español
Anexo:Telenovelas de México — Listado de títulos de telenovelas de Televisa y TV Azteca por año Contenido 1 Década de 1950 1.1 1958 1.1.1 Telesistema Mexicano 1.2 1959 … Wikipedia Español
Evelyn Nieto — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Evelyn Nieto es una cantante, conductora y actriz méxicana. Ganadora de Big Brother 3R en México. Antes de formar parte de éste proyecto, su nombre artistico fue Camila . Contenido 1 Biografía 2 Television 2.1… … Wikipedia Español
Anexo:Telenovelas de Televisa — Telenovelas 4:00 pm Rafaela Esperanza del corazón 6:00 pm … Wikipedia Español