- NCAA Boxing Championship
The following is a list of NCAA Team Champions in Boxing. The National Collegiate Athletic Association discontinued the boxing championship after 1960; however in 1976, American collegiate boxing was picked up again by the National Collegiate Boxing Association.
The first year of NCAA sponsorship of the championship was 1932. However, national championships were conducted in 1924-31 as well. Before 1948, NCAA team boxing championships were unofficial because team points were not officially awarded.
Unofficial team champions
- 1924 Penn State
- 1925 Navy
- 1926 Navy
- 1927 Penn State
- 1928 Navy
- 1929 Penn State
- 1930 Penn State
- 1931 Navy
- 1932 Penn State
- 1936 Syracuse
- 1937 Washington State
- 1938 (co-champions)
- 1939 Wisconsin
- 1940 Idaho
- 1941 Idaho
- 1942 Wisconsin
- 1943 Wisconsin
- 1947 Wisconsin
- PDF (121 KiB)
- PDF (86 KiB)
- "Penn State Has Won 66 National Team Championships"
- Pre-NCAA Boxing Champions
- Intercollegiate sports team champions
- Collegiate Nationals
- ^ "Doug Moe: 50 years ago, UW athlete’s death ended college boxing". Wisconsin State Journal. April 8, 2010. http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/doug_moe/article_4a56a5e8-012c-580d-bde9-21361d66b3a4.html.
- ^ "Penn State Has Won 66 National Team Championships". http://www.gopsusports.com/trads/national-champions.html. Retrieved 2010-04-12.
- ^ "COLLEGE RING TITLE WON BY PENN STATE; Victors Take Four Firsts and One Second in Boxing League's First Tourney.". New York Times: p. S1. March 23, 1924. http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=FB0716F8355812738DDDAA0A94DB405B848EF1D3. Retrieved 2010-04-28.
- ^ "NAVY BOXERS WIN; CAPTURE 4 TITLES; Take Intercollegiate Tourney". New York Times: p. S1. March 29, 1925. http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F60812FE3F551B7A93CBAB1788D85F418285F9. Retrieved 2010-04-27.
- ^ "Navy Boxers Retain Intercollegiate Title". Reading Eagle: p. 19. March 28, 1926. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=fqMhAAAAIBAJ&sjid=bpgFAAAAIBAJ&pg=3347,6151951&dq=intercollegiate+boxing&hl=en. Retrieved 2010-04-28.
- ^ "PENN STATE BOXERS WIN COLLEGE TITLE; Score 22 Points to Navy's 21, Midshipmen Losing Chance by Dropping Extra Bout. EACH GAINS THREE CROWNS Flynn, M.I.T. 160-Pounder, Beaten by Wolff in Final, Later Prevents Navy Victory". New York Times: p. S5. March 27, 1927. http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F40911F93E5C147A93C5AB1788D85F438285F9. Retrieved 2010-04-27.
- ^ "NAVY WINS CROWN IN COLLEGE BOXING; Tallies 19 Points, One More Than Penn State, to Capture Team Championship. WOLFF STOPS MAZZOTTE Defends 160-Pound Title, Scoring Knockout in Third--Grant Victor in Extra Round. Grant Wins Title. Levy Collapses at Finish.". New York Times: p. 163. March 18, 1928. http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F50816FE3E5C177A93CAA81788D85F4C8285F9. Retrieved 2010-04-28.
- ^ "PENN STATE BOXERS WIN COLLEGE TITLE; Win 3 Finals for 23 Points as Navy, Second, Gets 13-- Western Maryland 11. WOLFF AGAIN WINS CROWN Penn State Boxer Takes 160 Pound Title 3d Year in Row Only Champion to Survive. EPSTEIN OUTPOINTS FRY Penn State 115-Pounder Scores With Left--Hamas Beats Livoti to Regain Heavyweight Title. Penn State Gets 23 Points. Epstein Is Victor. Fish Defeats Davis.". New York Times: p. 177. March 24, 1929. http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=FA071EFC3455167A93C6AB1788D85F4D8285F9. Retrieved 2010-04-28.
- ^ "Minister's Son One of Winners in College Ring". Lewiston Daily Sun: p. 6. March 24, 1930. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=utAgAAAAIBAJ&sjid=zWoFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2724,6703022&dq=intercollegiate+boxing+championship&hl=en. Retrieved 2010-04-27.
- ^ "Penn State Boxers Win Second Straight Intercollegiate Title". Hartford Courant: p. C3. March 23, 1930. http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/courant/access/851488692.html?dids=851488692:851488692&FMT=CITE&FMTS=CITE:AI&type=historic&date=Mar+23%2C+1930&author=&pub=Hartford+Courant&desc=Penn+State+Boxers+Win+Second+Straight+Intercollegiate+Title&pqatl=google. Retrieved 2010-04-27.
- ^ Nichols, Joseph C. (March 22, 1931). "NAVY'S BOXING TEAM WINS COLLEGE CROWN; Crinkley's Victory in Final Bout Gives Middies Title With Twenty Points. WESTERN MARYLAND SECOND Penn State, Defending Champion, Ties for Third With Syracuse Ringmen. Heavyweight Bout Decisive. BOXING TITLE WON BY NAVAL ACADEMY Drops Rival With Right. M.I.T. Cantain Victor.". New York Times: p. S1. http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F60C17FC3C5B12718DDDAB0A94DB405B818FF1D3. Retrieved 2010-04-27.
- ^ "NCAA Discontinued Championships". http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/stats/champs_records_book/Discontinued.pdf. Retrieved 2010-04-23.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
NCAA Rowing Championship — The NCAA Rowing Championship is a rowing championship held by the NCAA for Division I, II and III women s heavyweight (or openweight) collegiate crews. It was first held in 1997. In 2002, the NCAA added championships for Division II and Division… … Wikipedia
NCAA Bowling Championship — The NCAA Bowling Championship is a sanctioned women s championship in college athletics. It was first held in April of 2004. Contents 1 Champions 2 NCAA Programs 3 Conferences 4 … Wikipedia
NCAA Rifle Championship — The NCAA Rifle Championship is an annual co educational rifle national collegiate championship sponsored by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The tournament includes an individual and team championships consisting of the two… … Wikipedia
Boxing — For other meanings of these words, see Boxing (disambiguation), Boxer (disambiguation), Box (disambiguation), or Prizefighter (disambiguation). Boxing Ricardo Dominguez (left) is throwing an uppercut on Rafael Ortiz (right). Also known as… … Wikipedia
NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship — NCAA Men s Basketball Championship redirects here. For other division tournaments, see NCAA basketball tournament (disambiguation). NCAA Men s Division I Basketball Championship Current season or competition: 2011 NCAA Men s Division I Basketball … Wikipedia
NCAA Women's Golf Championship — NCAA Champions for women s golf: Contents 1 Division I 2 Division II III combined 3 Division II 4 Division III … Wikipedia
NCAA Fencing team championship — NCAA fencing championship results, combined men and women (since 1990), men s (1941 1989) and women s (1982 1989). Contents 1 Combined 2 Men s 3 Women s 4 See also … Wikipedia
NCAA Hall of Champions — building located in Indianapolis, Indiana … Wikipedia
boxing — boxing1 /bok sing/, n. 1. the material used to make boxes or casings. 2. a boxlike enclosure; casing. 3. an act or instance of putting into or furnishing with a box. [1510 20; BOX1 + ING1] boxing2 /bok sing/, n. the act, technique, or profession… … Universalium
NCAA Men's Volleyball Championship — The NCAA Men s Volleyball Championship is the tournament that determines the national championship of American college volleyball. The Final Four is a term used exclusively by NCAA Basketball but is commonly used to describe the Men s Volleyball… … Wikipedia