- Eureka Mountain Mine Ride
Eureka Mountain Mine Ride The Eureka Mountain Mine Ride building. Location Dreamworld Park section Gold Rush Country Coordinates Coordinates: Status SBNO Opened 11 December 1986 Closed 7 November 2006 Type Steel - Wild Mouse - Enclosed Manufacturer HyFab Lift/launch system Chain lift hill Inversions 0 Duration 1:10 Restraints Seat belt Eureka Mountain Mine Ride at RCDB Pictures of Eureka Mountain Mine Ride at RCDB Amusement Parks Portal
The Eureka Mountain Mine Ride opened on 11 December 1986 alongside the Thunder River Rapids Ride as part of Dreamworld new land, Gold Rush Country.
On 7 November 2006, the Eureka Mountain Mine Ride closed for maintenance. At the time Dreamworld stated that the ride would be closed temporarily to ensure the safety of all guests. In 2010, Dreamworld stated that the closure of the ride "basically came down to new ride technology, upgraded safety regulations and responding to what the public wanted. Like the old Thunderbolt Rollercoaster, the mine ride served us well for 25 years and was “retired...” to make way for newer computerised attractions like The Claw, The Motorcoaster and AVPX. In Summary - rides have a life span - like a car - it comes to a time when you need to spend a lot of $$ to fix it up so when it is no longer a very popular attraction sometimes it is better to invest in something newer...... ". The ride itself remains standing to this day with the queue and entrance transformed to house a couple of carnival-style games.
Eureka Mountain Mine Ride was manufactured by Brisbane-based company, HyFab. The ride was a Wild Mouse roller coaster enclosed in Eureka Mountain. The ride would begin with guests entering the Eureka Mountain Mine and boarding on of several 4-seater cars. After being pulled up a chain lift hill, guests would be confronted by an animatronic miner who would light a stick of dynamite. After it explodes, the car would take guests through a variety of sharp, hairpin turns and fast, steep drops.
Eureka Mountain Mine Ride originally featured dual stations which allowed two cars to load and unload at the same time. In 2002, the practice of using these two stations was discontinued. In 2004, the ride system was upgraded.
- Town of Gold Rush
- Standing but not operating
- ^ a b c d Marden, Duane. "Eureka Mountain Mine Ride (Dreamworld)". Database Entry. Roller Coaster DataBase. http://www.rcdb.com/1129.htm. Retrieved 26 September 2011.
- ^ "Dreamworld History". Dreamworld. 2009. http://www.dreamworld.com.au/Schools/pdf/DW-Schools-History.pdf. Retrieved 26 September 2011.
- ^ "Ride and Attraction Maintenance". Dreamworld. 2006. Archived from the original on 16 December 2006. http://web.archive.org/web/20061216055826/http://www.dreamworld.com.au/content/standard3.asp?name=RideAttractionMaintenance. Retrieved 26 September 2011.
- ^ a b "Dreamworld - Family Rides". Dreamworld. 2006. Archived from the original on 15 December 2006. http://web.archive.org/web/20061215010234/http://www.dreamworld.com.au/content/standard3.asp?name=FamilyRides. Retrieved 26 September 2011.
- ^ Dreamworld (23 January 2010). "Basic FAQ about Dreamworld's Rides". Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=30639128612&topic=11321. Retrieved 26 September 2011.
- ^ "Dreamworld - Eureka Mine Ride". Dreamworld. Archived from the original on 19 June 2005. http://web.archive.org/web/20050619121214/http://www.dreamworld.com.au/content/standard3.asp?name=EurekaMineRide. Retrieved 26 September 2011.
- ^ a b c "Eureka Mountain Mine Ride (Dreamworld)". Database Entry. Parkz. http://www.parkz.com.au/parks/_/_/_/rides/245-.html. Retrieved 26 September 2011.
- Bring Back the Mine Ride Facebook group
Dreamworld Main Street Town of Gold RushBuzzSaw · Kelly's Showdown · Thunder River Rapids Ride Rocky HollowThe Giant Drop · Rocky Hollow Log Ride Australian Wildlife ExperienceAvis Vintage Cars Wiggles WorldBig Red Car Ride · Dorothy's Rosy Tea Cup Ride · Fun Spot · SS Feathersword RivertownCaptain Sturt Paddle Wheeler · Mick Doohan's Motocoaster · Tower of Terror II Tiger IslandThe Lair · Tiger Island Kid's WorldAvalanche · Bumper Beach · Dreambowl · Kite Flyer · Mighty-Go-Round · Rainforest Rampage · Sky Rocket · Swinger Zinger Ocean ParadeAVPX · The Claw · Cyclone · FlowRider · Reef Diver · Shockwave · Stingray · V8 Supercars RedLine · Wipeout Previous attractionsEureka Mountain Mine Ride · Nickelodeon Central · Thunderbolt Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Dreamworld — For other uses, see Dreamworld (disambiguation). Dreamworld Location Coomera, Queensland, Australia … Wikipedia
Dreamworld — Ne doit pas être confondu avec Dream World. 27° 51′ 50″ S 153° 18′ 57″ E … Wikipédia en Français
WhiteWater World — Location Coomera, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia Coordinates … Wikipedia
Nickelodeon in amusement parks — Since the 1990s, Nickelodeon, a worldwide children s entertainment company, has had an involvement in the creation and theming of amusement park rides. This article details the ventures of Nickelodeon in amusement parks. Several amusement parks… … Wikipedia
Dreamworld Tower — The Dreamworld Tower supports both the Tower of Terror II and the Giant Drop. Giant Drop Opening date 1998 ( … Wikipedia
Mick Doohan's Motocoaster — Mick Doohan s Motocoast … Wikipedia
Cyclone (Dreamworld) — Cyclone The Cyclone from the Dreamworld carpark … Wikipedia
Kid's World — For other uses, see Kids World. Kid s World Location Dreamworld Coordinates 27°51′51″S 153°19′00″E … Wikipedia
Ocean Parade (Dreamworld) — Ocean Parade Location Dreamworld Coordinates … Wikipedia
Dreamworld's 30th Birthday — Location Dreamworld, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia Coordinates … Wikipedia